2017-01-07 11:50:11

hi
@timberwolf1991 nice job! Sharing is caring, and you've done well.
I wish you could do me  a favor. There's something in your collection that i really need to have, but for that I'll need to synk all the folder, and they're huge!  Can you upload a few files somewhere? If yes, just reply and let me know. I'll tell you the rest in private. thanks in advance

:)

2018-10-29 22:59:47

Resurrecting this topic because I've got another key.
GA: BNWLRWWH45EWNKNIQIS7Z3B5VEY64Z6FT

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-10-29 23:09:02

I should also add that these initial secrets of mine are still active.
thanks

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-11-20 23:57:34

For anyone who is interested and not already aware, resilio sync is 50% off for now, at least in canada. I'm guessing it'll last until either friday or monday, but not sure.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-11-22 15:27:20

Hi all,
My mod hat is off for the moment but just as a heads up we might have to examine some of these on the list and think about where we stand eventually, that's what it's going to come down to. Now, here's the thing: because of the way bt sync works, once someone knows a folder key, I think it should be their responsibility. It's not like you guys are directly linking to an http website with stuff on it, yet at the same time, you've made this key available and it's another way to get to content. It could be considered a fine line, and I must confess I don't exactly know what the final decision is going to be.

2018-11-22 20:59:51 (edited by defender 2018-11-23 00:45:35)

It's not hard at all really... It's access to plainly pirated media, nothing more, nothing less, the delivery method doesn't matter in the slightest.
Just remove the keys so we can keep the useful info about how to use the program, I've already warned everyone I could.
No need to waffle on this subject if your truly interested in safeguarding the forum.

2018-11-23 05:15:43

It depends on what the folder contains.

The one on this thread is obvious, I for example have shared keys in the past containing harry potter fanfiction.

Those can easily be found on the internet.

The same thing would have to go for dropbox folders people have shared.

You don't know what the folders contain, unless someone is brave enough to download the folder and let us know, or the user sharing said folder tells you what they're sharing.

It's like the whole torrents are bad because most people use it for piracy.

That may be the case, but torrents were originally meant to transfer a large amount of data quickly, even facebook uses it.

2018-11-23 05:15:43

really the copyright brigade, bah.
No company is gonna give a fig about a bunch of blind or non blind people pirating their stuff, I mean they sure would if they could but they have bigger fishes to fry. and I wouldn't even call this forum a guppy.
If you see this topic its been around for years, and the people harping on about forum getting into hot waters are nothing but blowing wind, sorry to be offencive. But yeah.
I get that pirating is bad and all that crap, specially when it comes to audiogames, but these fat corporations have and are making a lot of money from else where anyway, so why not let a few people that can't aford this kind of stuff or don't even have access to ADVS /audiobooks in their country get at this stuff.
But I know this post right here won't serve any purpose at all and I see the outcome, like I said, the copyright brigade. so I'll just shut up.
Cheers and all that jaz.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-11-23 05:45:58

83 has a point. The risk of any of these companies actually coming down on us is extremely small. Their'd be literally nothing for them to gain. They'd gain less money if they were to go through it than they spent on going through with it in the first place.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-23 16:22:02

Here's the problem with that logic. What you're basically saying is "it's fine as long as you don't get caught". And there are a ton of ways that this could go badly.

Here's the thing, folks. When audiobooks and music and movies cost a lot of money sometimes, and when we often don't have a lot of money, and if you throw in exchange rates and the like, I can understand the urge to get pirated material. Full disclosure: I've done it myself, I just won't say where/how/what I got, and I certainly won't help anybody else do it. I can say that I've never cracked an audio game and never will. I can also say that I consider very carefully before even taking a single step in this regard. For me, the issue is not just the morality (which is definitely a gray area), but the legal ramifications. My general stance on torrenting/downloading media, in particular, is that as long as you aren't reselling it, and as long as you try and support more independent artists and providers, I don't have a serious moral problem with it.
But that's an unofficial stance. It is nothing more or less than my personal opinion on the issue. Officially, it is, as I've said in another topic, simply safer not to allow this to be discussed publicly.
Frankly, we can't stop you sharing copyrighted material. That's beyond us. If you want to do it, all we can ask is that you don't do it here.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-23 21:37:42

@85, Fair enough.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-24 01:41:16

Yeah, you guys are probably right about the risk, but some kind of stance needs to be taken, and if you say it's okay your gonna maybe push away potential Devs.
If you say it's not, then, I guess if you just kept it to games, most people wouldn't even notice.
But what if someone comes out and says they want a crack for a program that isn't a game. It's happened before...
So does that mean, piracy is okay if it's not about games and it's not obvious? I personally wouldn't mind that but it does feel kinda dishonest...
Then again anyone could claim anything, put a key out their for general media and it's got a ton of pirated games in their too... If you don't sort through it first you don't know, and we don't have enough staff to do that. Plus it could change over time.
Either way it's gonna keep coming up.

Also, agreed, fanfiction keys shouldn't be removed.

2018-11-24 13:11:45

note that for the folders you can't actually impiricly varify what is in them without joining, moreover you aren't posting links to actually infringing matterial, as the keys aren't server  links, and the content of any folder could change at any time. Best would be to put aclause in the rules that says that the mods don't accept responsibility for any content in shared keys etc.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-11-25 20:45:30

Yeah that would be a good idea I think.

2018-12-10 10:37:57 (edited by timberwolf1991 2018-12-10 10:41:52)

Agree with all the points above.

With that being said - have some royalty free music - all in mp3 format. Note that I take no responsibility for the files contained within. The best course of action for those curious about what is inside would likely be to use either an iPhone or android to check before you download said content to a computer or similar. Also note that this folder isn't and likely won't be too huge - and I urge you, if you can, to support said artists in this folder as much as possible.
BBTIOR7DPB6SXR4T3VU7F32A7HTI4UQ4C

2018-12-11 05:08:53

Why thank you for your royalty free music! smile

My Github

2018-12-23 03:16:40

I don't know why the mods are so paranoid about this. They should just make a DMCA form on their website where a copyright holder can report abuse and only remove what's reported. That would make them comply with legal regulations and make users less angry. It's not even obvious if they need to remove links after reporting if they're just links, not material directly hosted on their servers. Some say they don't, but just to be on the safer side, links should be deleted but only after a verified report from a copyright holder like the way most serious websites do it. If it comes to that, I might eventually need to make a website for uncensored sharing of all materials and content that complies with legal requirements but whose admins AKA future me do absolutely nothing unless legally forced to. Speaking about the folders, it would be nice if someone could give us a folder with just the described stuff, perhaps separating this one tv  folder into two smaller ones. Especially for folx living outside US/UK, getting nondescribed stuff in that way doesn't make any sense. Nondescribed stuff is pretty easy to find, either legally or illegally and available legally in most countries. Audiodescription is a different story, though. Most of it is not available legally in one country, some of it is US only, some is UK only etc. People living in non-english speaking countries have absolutely no way of getting to it at all, except the stuff on Netflix etc. That's why for such people, sources like bmmv or this folder are the only option. In other words, nondescribed content is easy to find and nothing special, while described is rare and should be available separately.

2018-12-24 14:53:14

Hi timberwolf1991,

Impressive collection of content.  Procuring this much amount of data takes a huge effort and requires commitment.  Just curious, what's your set up like? Hardware?  Hard disk capacity? And software you use to organize?
I don't have the patience or the hardware capacity to support this huge amount of data.  However, I would love to know your set up though.

2018-12-24 18:33:17

miki123211 wrote:

I don't know why the mods are so paranoid about this. They should just make a DMCA form on their website where a copyright holder can report abuse and only remove what's reported. That would make them comply with legal regulations and make users less angry. It's not even obvious if they need to remove links after reporting if they're just links, not material directly hosted on their servers. Some say they don't, but just to be on the safer side, links should be deleted but only after a verified report from a copyright holder like the way most serious websites do it. If it comes to that, I might eventually need to make a website for uncensored sharing of all materials and content that complies with legal requirements but whose admins AKA future me do absolutely nothing unless legally forced to. Speaking about the folders, it would be nice if someone could give us a folder with just the described stuff, perhaps separating this one tv  folder into two smaller ones. Especially for folx living outside US/UK, getting nondescribed stuff in that way doesn't make any sense. Nondescribed stuff is pretty easy to find, either legally or illegally and available legally in most countries. Audiodescription is a different story, though. Most of it is not available legally in one country, some of it is US only, some is UK only etc. People living in non-english speaking countries have absolutely no way of getting to it at all, except the stuff on Netflix etc. That's why for such people, sources like bmmv or this folder are the only option. In other words, nondescribed content is easy to find and nothing special, while described is rare and should be available separately.

Hi,
Regarding described and undescribed content, the folders have been this way for so long that it makes no sense to change it. Resilio sync has a selective sync on mobile devices, which means that if people did want the described content without the undescribed, they can still get it.

As far as undescribed content being nothing special, you must not have actually taken a look at just how much content is on offer there otherwise you wouldn't be posting something like that.

2018-12-24 18:33:39

lightningdragon wrote:

Hi timberwolf1991,

Impressive collection of content.  Procuring this much amount of data takes a huge effort and requires commitment.  Just curious, what's your set up like? Hardware?  Hard disk capacity? And software you use to organize?
I don't have the patience or the hardware capacity to support this huge amount of data.  However, I would love to know your set up though.

I sent you a pm regarding this.
thanks!

2018-12-25 17:51:20 (edited by st.mc 2018-12-25 17:52:11)

the tv show archive is like nothing i've ever seen. It has everything I could imagine. Now that BMMV doesn't offer new tv shows anymore, I just want to know whether this folder's gonna be updated or not?
miki123211 is right;even netflix is not available where i live.

:)