2018-11-03 23:05:53

Yeah. I've been using a library known as accessible_output2 - and while it works for most people, there doesn't seem to be any documentation for it. It doesn't help that the one who developed it is the very same who created CN, so support will probably be nonexistent. I may have to switch back to tolk - because I have no idea what causes these errors. Not to mention, they're very isolated in nature and impossible to reproduce on my end.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-11-06 02:32:09

Well, that's not going to work, as that's what he was currently on.

2018-11-11 13:06:32

Hello,
I have a suggestion:
Please make something like a classic mode, which basically lets you play the old version where the events like powerup and pit spawning were random. And a separate score board for that would be nice.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-11-11 13:17:02

burak wrote:

Hello,
I have a suggestion:
Please make something like a classic mode, which basically lets you play the old version where the events like powerup and pit spawning were random. And a separate score board for that would be nice.

+1

2018-11-12 07:42:12

Hello,
Well, this game is growing day by day. I have played this game and I found it very interesting and a game where you get angry as soon as Shit, lol. You need to have a very good capacity of patience to play it.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-11-14 13:44:05

Hey everyone. I have NVDA 2018.3.2. but when I try running the game it says no TTS detected. any help?
here's my error file.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "the.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "functions.py", line 151, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 1267, in init_local_scores
  File "functions.py", line 1180, in save_scores
  File "classes.py", line 84, in <lambda>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_voice'

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2018-11-17 08:47:23

Hi guys,
2.0 is out! For those who can't open the current version and use the updater, http://samtupy.com/stevend/oh_shit.zip is the link!
While I unfortunately didn't add your classic mode just yet, Burak, I just saw that and will give it consideration for the next version. However I did just add a minigame, which you will be able to unlock, and which has its own scoreboard! More details in the change log and the newly updated read me. Also, I've done more answer seeking, and have hopefully fixed peoples' tts/nvda/jaws errors! Hopefully, that is.
Changelog:
2.0:
-Adds a mini game to Oh Shit! You will have to work to get to it and the chances of accessing it will be random, but if you play you'll undoubtedly encounter it at some point. This is a runner with levels, though you have no limit to the level you can reach. If you get the game, you will be pulled out of your current game of Oh Shit, forced to play, and then returned to your working Oh Shit game. If you beat level 1 of the runner, it will be added to your main menu and you can then play as much as you'd like! Hints: after you jump 100 cannon balls following the release of this update, you'll have a chance to unlock this minigame if you play games lasting longer than 1 minute.
-Adds more achievements of course! You can have up to 52 unlocked now.
-Once again attempts to fix these pesky speech errors preventing people from playing.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2018-11-17 13:15:19

I downloaded the update. but still the same error.

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2018-11-18 10:19:15

Wow that minigame is cool! Still haven't quite figured out exactly what triggers it.

There should probably be a sound played when your regular game is interrupted, if you're holding down an arrow key while using a screen reader the minigame message could get silenced, which might throw people off when everything just stops for no apparent reason.

2018-11-19 01:16:05

Hi @BestInTheWorld and others with speech errors,
there's one last thing I'd like you to try.
1. Go to the run dialogue and type %localappdata% and press enter.
2. there's a folder in there called temp. get inside that folder. You will find a folder in the temp directory called gen_py. Delete that folder, and then try running the game.
This should fix your speech errors.

2018-11-19 05:43:02

Hey @the dwarfer. I tried that just now. but still didn't work. sad

2018-11-19 11:20:39

hey did you make the mod repository yet?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-11-19 18:27:10

No, but I have a topic where you can submit them for when I stop procrastinating and do create it. It'll probably be this week after I push the next update.

2018-11-20 05:19:47

Still receiving the same error when I start the game. Or that's my OS or it's acting crazy?
  File "functions.py", line 188, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 1731, in init_local_scores
  File "functions.py", line 1633, in save_scores
  File "classes.py", line 93, in <lambda>

73 Wj3u

2018-11-22 07:23:12

@The Dworfer,
It seems that I didn't got something:
1: I did went to the Run window, writed %localappdata%, pressed enter on it, and it tooked me on the local folder.
2: Did go to the temp folder, but I didn't saw a file called Gen_Py here. I'm afrade you don't have an other solution, still getting the same error: Failed to execute script the.
I was rolled back to NVDA 2018.3.2 from a development snapshot, but noo luck. Tryed to run without it, but no look. Using Win10 64 bits, or did I'm using an insider preview?

73 Wj3u

2018-11-22 17:13:02

Guys, version 2.11 is out! This adds a stats system to the runner, as well as summaries (statistical reports) for all your games which can be viewed in the statistics menu).

2018-11-23 01:22:08

At the dwarfer.
I really hope you can fix that error, I'm so looking forward to playing this game. smile

2018-11-23 01:40:58

I'm also looking to play this game, I hope that you fix that pesky error.

73 Wj3u

2018-11-24 07:29:43

Also guys, I forgot to mention here: there is now an Oh Shit page of my website. There you can get and read about the game, find mods, and donate if you think the game is worth it! The link is http://stevend.net/oh_shit

2018-11-25 23:41:25

Game worked fine last night, launched it today and I see this.
  File "functions.py", line 183, in mainmenu
  File "classes.py", line 43, in __init__
  File "functions.py", line 105, in pop
  File "functions.py", line 39, in say
  File "functions.py", line 30, in find_sr
  File "accessible_output2\outputs\auto.py", line 12, in __init__
    self.outputs.append(output())
  File "accessible_output2\outputs\jaws.py", line 16, in __init__
    self.object = load_com("FreedomSci.JawsApi", "jfwapi")
  File "site-packages\libloader\com.py", line 15, in load_com
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line 536, in EnsureDispatch
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line 449, in EnsureModule
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MinorVersion'

2018-11-26 07:10:29

How did you did to work it Blinddangerous? I didn't see any result.

73 Wj3u

2018-11-26 14:20:03

Hello.
Sorry for posting in two separate topics, but I'm getting the same error some of you are getting with all versions that came after 1.36, though I have deleted the gen_py folder and tryed running NVDA versions back to 2014.1 and even Jaws, heck I even tried running the game without a screenreader hoping a SAPI voice will read something but there was no luck at all and the error kept happening. The error's description is as follows: when I run the game, I get a message telling me "Warning: No tts was detected." Once I press enter, I get the following: "Fatal Error!  dialog  Failed to execute script the" This is what I got from the log file in 2.11 (error logs sometimes change from a version to the other)
  File "functions.py", line 189, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 1870, in init_local_scores
  File "functions.py", line 1700, in save_scores
  File "classes.py", line 108, in <lambda>

2018-11-26 18:20:22

Hi Riad and BND,
I've sent you both dms.

2018-11-26 19:40:42

Are you sure?  I don't allow DM's from people who don't follow me.  Also my client can't get DM's.

2018-11-26 22:17:19 (edited by Riad 2018-11-26 22:18:02)

He means PMs, check your forum inbox. By the way, I can confirm that I'm no longer getting the speech errors I used to. For those who had the same issue, stay tuned.
Thanks Steve for your time and effort!