2018-11-10 09:35:30

This is the site that got updated.
This is the Cyber elf that worked on the site that got updated.
This is the stick that whacked the cyber elf that worked on the site that got updated.
This is the fellow who held the stick that whacked the cyber elf that worked on the site that got updated.
This is the coffee that was drunk by the fellow who held the stick that whacked the cyber elf that worked on the site that got updated.
This is the brain that was cafinated by the coffee that was drunk by the fellow that held the stick that whacked the cyber elf that worked on the site that got updated.
This is the news post that was thought up by the brain that was cafinated by the coffee that was drunk by the fellow that held the stick that whacked the cyber elf that worked on the website that got updated.

This is the website that hosted the news post that was thought up by the brain that was cafinated by the coffee that was drunk by the fellow that held the stick that whacked the cyber elf that worked on the website that got updated.

This is the update to the website that hosted the news post etc.

This is the circular insanity that broke the universe which contained the website which had the update tothe news post which started all this mess in the first place.
This is the cyber elf whose fault it was, just because its always the cyber elve's fault!

Okay, I'm going to have a lie down now.
Enjoy the updates!

Updates by dark:

Extant: fixed download link with one on the audiogames archive, thanks to Orko, though sadly the Mac download link is still not working.

Basic clean up to entries of Huboodle, build a spaceship, camcad clicker, fairy tale, Merry clickmas.
Updated download links to Inheritance and the allure of wanton cove.
Changed genre of Godville to incremental games.
Fixed links for the Blind eye and angel gift from the audiogames archive (hopefully Erionsoft will get their site back up in the future, but for now we need to make sure the game is available).
Slightly expanded entry for corruption of champions with a little more info after playing more of the game.
Delight games: Entry and description.
Added animal rescue to games list for audiogame hub.

Expanded 4dimensions page with a little extra info plus cleaned up typos.
Fixed 2mb games pages to point to correct site, plus cleaned up description for mine racer.

Cleaned up and slightly expanded entry for Avalon, the legend lives.
Cleaned up entry for Gotcha.

Fixed download links and cleaned up entry for Night of parasite.
Fixed download link to super Mario bros audio edition.

Crazy party: Updated link to latest version, miner updates to description, added links to Spanish and Portuguese webpages plus Added link to black screen gaming’s resources page.
Added description of  Hangman to Huboodle page.

Dragon village: Entry and description.
Feer: entry and description.
Oh Sh*t: entry and description.

Changed post interval time on the forum for members to 10 seconds, (it was previously at 60.
Added hopefully helpful description to introductions forum, also restricted ability to post new topics in the introductions forum so newbies post intros in the right place.

Updates by Sander:
Updated forum to php7.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-14 18:10:27

Wowwowwow, now I know why the page took so long to load!
If I ever want to make a game where the player must assemble words into a list as long as possible like you did, I know who to call. big_smile

2018-11-14 20:22:32 (edited by Dark 2018-11-14 20:23:15)

utilising an extraneous cornucopia of concatenated multisylabic verbosity to implement the generalised plethera of circumlocutions and other loquacious adumbration, was indeed a veridical encapsulation of this particular exemplar of my linguistically inclined peregrination.

Or to put it another way, Yes, your right I do like to use lots of words big_smile.

Glad you liked the news post and updates, since I'm getting a lot of stuff done on the db at the moment it hopefully won't be too long until the next one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-14 22:31:01

Perhaps the playroom page should be updated to mention Citadels and Mexican train? The game rules are not on the homepage, but they are on the site and Citadels is at https://qcsalon.net/en/citadelles while Mexican train is at https://qcsalon.net/en/mexicantrain

2018-11-15 13:41:50

I didn't realise the playroom had new games. Thanks for letting me know, I'll see about adding those to the description.

2018-11-15 21:02:31

There are in general some typos in that description, if you want I can list them so you can fix it.

2018-11-16 09:39:40

Okay I've done a general clean up now, so everything should be uptodate (though remember that I use British English spellings for things).

At some point I actually wonder if I should try to add brief explanations to what each game is on the game list the way that other game hub entries like huboodle or rs games have.
Nocturnus didn't do this when he first created the entry, just giving links either to wikipedia pages or quentin C's own site with the rules, and when I updated I just continued, but as several games on there are rather unusual ones I'm not sure if a sentence or two of explanation would help?

2018-11-16 12:25:01

Some notes:
1. The download link points to 2.2.0. It still works and auto updating is in the client, but the latest version is 2.2.8 and the link for that is https://qcsalon.net/autodl/quentinc-gam … -setup.exe
2. Some sentences:
The roster of traditional favourites has seen random and rapid growth and currently contains 20 titles that are likely to produce endless hours of entertainment for anyone who wishes to be involved.
Here, 20 should be changed to 32, which is the current number of games available.
Under the heading additional resources:
Jeff Retkowski has constructed This guide Which details keystrokes and other handy information for the playroom. ,/p>
I do believe this /p> was a mistake and a slash should be removed for proper display. Also, I do think the person's name is Jeff Rutkowski.
Under the heading so, go play!:
A quickly growing platform full of users from around the world, Quenton C's playroom has added to an arsenal of gaming possibilities for those who prefer a more relaxed environment and familiar, friendly traditional experiences.
Quenton should be changed to Quentin.
That's all for now.

2018-11-16 13:28:56

okay all fixed now, plus I have changed the name to Quentin C's Playroom. I am not sure why Nocturnus just called the game "quentin C" but it seems better to have the actual name of the program and website correct.

2018-11-16 17:41:32

Thanks for your work. Yes, I wondered about the name too but forgot to mention.