2018-11-01 23:23:45

Hey guys,
For about 8 years now I've been into making ambiences. Big time. It's been a thing I've enjoyed doing.
From the recording to cleaning to even synthesizing some.
This brings me here to announce that I've finally put up my minimal ambiences library, and it's yours ready to use as you see fit, for just $14.25!
In it are thunderstorms, room tones, a few bonus synthesized fillers, one bonus synthesized cave loop, outside loops, and a few bird loops, totaling into about 68 files of high quality wav.
There is more info including a preview here: https://sonniss.com/sound-effects/every … ollection/
I posted this here because I know there are many game developers that could find this very useful. If the moderators don't mind, I would like to post this in the off topic room as well. There are probably other studio artists who could use this for there own projects.
If there are any questions, comments, concerns and critiques you may have about this library, I would like to hear them.
I seriously can't wait to see what you guys and gals make with this library! Go to town with it! smile
All the best,
Omar.

2018-11-07 12:09:21

Wow, the preview sounds really amazing.
Good job!

2018-11-07 20:35:56

@1, Yep, sounds very good. However, I'm no expert.
And critiques? It's not free. Every sound library and software on the internet should be free.
But that doesn't change the fact that the sounds are excellent.
I'll be keeping an eye out for this on some sites.
Good job.

Regards
T-m

2018-11-07 20:53:45

@3 wait? are you seriously being an entitled brat and saying you should have it for free? this and that post on the new forum topic where you said you wouldn't use the forum cause you couldn't get cracks, makes me think your kind of an entitled prick? Not personally attacking just pointing that out

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-08 00:44:06

Hi there,
16 year old me sides with post 3, 25 year old me sides with, well, sort of 4?
Buying this library isn't landing the finances into some weird company you don't know much about. It's landing it into my pay pal, where I will then use the financial leverage to purchase more recording gear or a daw, like reaper, potentially even a server to host a site for these libraries.
Not to mention, there are so called commission rates that keep the service I sell my libraries on, running. In buying libraries from them and me, you keep things going for small pocket artists.
If this were $100 more, I could totally understand because many people in this small-ish community wouldn't be able to afford it. But this library is only $16 at most. If you sacrifice one pizza delivery to your house, one of the things you could buy with that money would be this library.
Just saying, your free to take this as you wish.
Best regards.

2018-11-09 10:41:05

@5, You don't need to pay for REAPER. Just hit escape on the message and you can use it forever. You don't even need to search for a crack.

Regards
T-m

2018-11-09 14:39:53

@6
Yup, this is the case. This is one thing of many that the reaper development team got right. They don't limit you to anything besides nag screens, well one, when you first start it every once and a while.
I'll admit to having run the trial for a whopping 180 days but I decided enough was enough, and so the rest is history. I did the same thing with gold wave, way back in like 2007, when it was $45 for a lifetime registration and one time regs weren't even a thought in my mind.
Now it's sad you could spend juuuust a hair more, and I'm talking $0.75 more and get a more capable daw, but I'm drifting a little.
Bye for now.

2018-11-14 22:56:57

Hey guys and gals!
I've put up quite a few of the sounds you can find in all of my libraries, including this one, on freesound!
Hopefully this will give you all a better idea of what you get if you purchase one of my libraries.
Please note, these samplers may be used in (free) projects. Please contact me if you have a request to use them commercially. I am very understanding and we could work something out. smile
Enjoy! https://freesound.org/people/sounds_from_dot_me/

2018-11-15 15:01:18

@8, Licences can be broken but PayPall not as easilly. Thanks for putting this up on freesound. Maybe I'll check it out.

Regards
T-m

2018-11-15 15:21:34

I sincerely hope with every fiber of my being you realize how entitled you've just made yourself sound. Just saying.

2018-11-15 15:48:35

I already reported his earlier post. Hopefully the mods will deal with him.

2018-11-15 16:23:26

people are dam wierd

2018-11-21 23:30:25

Wen I tried to downlaod  THESE< I GOT minimal ambiences part 2.zip Failed - Forbidden> HELP ME! PLEASE! I SPENT MONEY! And I want these! really! bad!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-22 01:04:26

Oh damn. Sonniss aren't really known for speedy servers, but since the download is in your account you should be able to download it again as many times as you need to.
If this fails, send me an email and we can sort something out. smile
I'm really sorry you had to experience this!

2018-11-22 20:30:05 (edited by defender 2018-11-22 20:51:25)

@tmstuff000
As soon as the cost of living and creating new content becomes free for everyone? I'm sure that will happen, but until then, this is how it works in reality.
Don't be so shortsided and selfish, the world works the way it works for allot of complex reasons and if you want to have any chance at changing it than going after fellow victims of it won't get you anywhere or anything but a bad reputation.
People put up free sounds because either A. they are already comfortable enough with their financial situation and can actually afford to help others less fortunate, B. because they think their material sucks (their often right) and don't want to bother trying to sell it anyway, or C. because they want to gain recognition in order to hopefully make money down the line (most common). Your not entitled to anyone's hard work and if you want to contribute that's great, but don't look down on others for simply trying to gain a foothold.
I'd try to be thankful you live where you do in the first place, and then work up from their. Really see all sides of the issue before you put your foot in your mouth and make enemies.
Hopefully you'll grow the hell up pretty soon and stop thinking your some kind of technological Robbinhood... ROFL
You probably have a good heart though and are just idealistic in the end, and that's good, we need more people like that in this world, you just need to learn how to direct it better, lest you become part of the problem.

Also, Robomasterrob, I don't think anything he's said was worth a report. Maybe you misconstrued his post about Freesound?

2018-11-23 01:48:41

@defender, i was mainly thinking about his general attitude, his hole all software on the internet should be free! Kind of mindset that just completely goes against everything this forum is about.
Not to mention the generally negative attnesfear he tends to bring with him whenever he posts anywhere.

2018-11-24 09:10:09

Yeah, sorry, opinions aren't against the rules, this isn't the thought police from 1984.
Trust me he's already broken the rules for real more than once and only hasn't been temp banned do to some miscommunication by the mods.
He cares so little that he's bound to do it again, so don't worry.

2018-11-24 15:27:25

Tmstuff000, although I'm sure I'm not going to get a response, or even if I am, it's probably not going to be honest, how old are you and where do you live? You know, even if you do honestly hold such opinions and views, you really should think twice before posting them here. If you don't know why that should be, then I'm sorry for you. I used to be like you when I was like 15, believe me, but even then I was at least smart enough as not to be so open about it. I don't exactly regret the way I was in the past as that would not be constructive in any way, but I definitely learned from my mistakes and changed my attitude because, you know, I'll tell you a little secret, most people do grow up some over time.

Omar, this definitely sounds very interesting. I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can, but no promises yet. :-)

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.