2018-11-09 17:46:30

Actively, AI will attack itself with some suicidal skills. For example, the explosives library in crazymod has an explosion skill, and AI is often used to commit suicide.
This needs to be avoided

2018-11-09 23:43:09

@拓海
About the problem with orders given too quickly, I think I could redo it, using a very slow speed (for example with the console command "s .001").

So, the problem is that if the simulation isn't fast enough, the menu isn't updated fast enough. So you have to press "next order" twice instead of once, to skip the first research order which is still in the menu. This is a problem because the sequence of keys that you are used to doesn't work in this case.

I'll try to solve this, but it's not easy because it might require for example to do another simulation of the game inside the UI thread.

2018-11-10 01:17:43

But the previous version did not have this problem.
I tried the next 1.2a9, it is normal

SoundMUD wrote:

@拓海
About the problem with orders given too quickly, I think I could redo it, using a very slow speed (for example with the console command "s .001").

So, the problem is that if the simulation isn't fast enough, the menu isn't updated fast enough. So you have to press "next order" twice instead of once, to skip the first research order which is still in the menu. This is a problem because the sequence of keys that you are used to doesn't work in this case.

I'll try to solve this, but it's not easy because it might require for example to do another simulation of the game inside the UI thread.

2018-11-11 13:36:14

Can try increase the number of attacks per unit
For example, there is a machine that can continuously shoot out the arrow. Each attack can shoot 3 arrows, then pause for 3 seconds and shoot 3 arrows again.
The number of times the unit can attack each time an attack is performed.

2018-11-11 18:23:25

Hello,
I would love to try sound RTS once. I have downloaded the things but I haven't played it till now. I love these kinds of games where you command/build/control the mechanics in any way or other.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-11-13 01:51:39

SoundRTS 1.2 continuous 8 is available.

The file is there: (Windows only)
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … indows.zip

Changes from 1.2 continuous 7:
- now events in the neighboring squares will be played (for example archers launching their attacks)
- bug fixed: some allies had some squares wrongly marked as "unknown"
- the AIs (easy or aggressive) will play during turns as spaced as possible (to avoid a slow turn every 10 turns)
- more optimizations (save CPU time)

For a Linux server this file might help:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … 1.2-c8.zip

2018-11-13 02:48:36

ok

2018-11-13 05:13:09

sound mud! i'm glad that finally an update was released to my favorit game! ok, now i have to report a bug. So for example, in sound rts 1.2a10rev1, it was so: you build a scout tower, and then you see the ajacent square. But now, you don't see it normally but it's in the fog of war but you can still see and hear through this fog of war what is your enemy doing. This is strange and i think it's a bug. btw, i like that game more than when i was 8 years old.

2018-11-13 07:12:02 (edited by SkyLord 2018-11-13 07:13:01)

@Sound MUD, ok bombarding you again. So, i have a suggestion. Make a prefference in style.txt, for example:
def jackass
is_a walking_unit
launch_attack bababab
attack_hit bobobob
attack_distsound ;name of the sound you'd hear in a naber square when this unit shoots.
That's it. Cause in our swamp mod it would be hilarious to see distshots from zombies. I had 10000 more suggestions, but i forgot them all. I'll post them as soon as i remember.

2018-11-13 13:44:02

problem found
The compiled team is often lost
Controlling the hotkey of the group is invalid after a period of time.

2018-11-13 14:34:31

yes, i have encountered this too.

2018-11-13 20:36:41

@SkyLord
1. Maybe it should say "partially in the fog of war", or it shouldn't say anything special, just like completely observed squares.
2. Why attack_distsound  would be different than launch_attack?

@拓海
Maybe it's because a unit can only belong to one group (they share the same speed). So when a unit is joined to a new group it will leave the previous group.

2018-11-13 20:51:41

@sound mud, not always, but you should give a possibility. As well as you should give a possibility to turn distsound off. As i mensiond, if there will be a zombie hord you shouldn't hear how they attack, cause they are not so loud. As well as you probably shouldn't hear death sounds in naber squares?

2018-11-13 22:34:28

In addition, when I watch the game playback, their names are displayed the same regardless of which perspective they switch to.

2018-11-14 05:21:15 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-14 05:40:44)

I always wanted to solve a problem
If 10 farmers are mining, I want some farmers to build buildings, but mining farmers will stop to help.
The priority of the peasant’s task needs to be adjusted.
When there are no tasks
1. Determine if there is a mobile combat unit that needs to be repaired.
If the conditions are met, choose to perform the repair.
2. Determine if the farmer is under attack.
If the conditions are true, choose to escape or resist according to the current mode.
3. Determine if there are any buildings that need repair.
4, to determine whether there are resources available for collection
If the condition is met, choose to execute the automatic acquisition command.
5, waiting for the order.

When farmers are collecting resources
1. When the building is attacked, the farmer needs to interrupt everything to repair the building.
2. When the peasant is attacked, choose to escape or resist according to the current mode.
Other than this
No matter what happens, farmers must maintain their current tasks.
Unless the current task ends
Otherwise, the farmers will not take care of anything else.

Next is my friend's statement
You can choose advice based on feasibility

The basic process after the peasant’s work stops is as follows:
1. Determine if there are soldiers who can be repaired and perform repairs.
2, determine whether it is attacked, perform the default operation (attack and defense)
3, determine whether there is damage to the building, perform repairs and repairs
4. Determine whether there are resources that can be collected and perform collection.
5, the default standing still

In any case, the peasants stop working and perform the above process, for example
1, the peasant went to a certain coordinate after reaching the stop
2. After the farmers build the building,
3. After the farmers have collected
4, after the peasant was attacked and interrupted, the work stopped.

2018-11-14 12:26:26 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-16 04:30:41)

拓海 wrote:

I always wanted to solve a problem
If 10 farmers are mining, I want some farmers to build buildings, but mining farmers will stop to help.
The priority of the peasant’s task needs to be adjusted.
When there are no tasks
1. Determine if there is a mobile combat unit that needs to be repaired.
2. Determine if the farmer is under attack.
If the conditions are true, choose to escape or resist according to the current mode.
3. Determine if there are any buildings that need repair.
4, to determine whether there are resources available for collection
If the condition is met, choose to execute the automatic acquisition command.
5, waiting for the order.

When farmers are collecting resources
1. When the building is attacked, the farmer needs to interrupt everything to repair the building.
2. When the peasant is attacked, choose to escape or resist according to the current mode.
Other than this
No matter what happens, farmers must maintain their current tasks.
Unless the current task ends
Otherwise, the farmers will not take care of anything else.

Next is my friend's statement
You can choose advice based on feasibility

The basic process after the peasant’s work stops is as follows:
1. Determine if there are soldiers who can be repaired and perform repairs.
2, determine whether it is attacked, perform the default operation (attack and defense)
3, determine whether there is damage to the building, perform repairs and repairs
4. Determine whether there are resources that can be collected and perform collection.
5, the default standing still

In any case, the peasants stop working and perform the above process, for example
1, the peasant went to a certain coordinate after reaching the stop
2. After the farmers build the building,
3. After the farmers have collected
4, after the peasant was attacked and interrupted, the work stopped.

In addition, the priority of automatic mining is recommended to mine gold mines.

There is a little suggestion

I hope that players can add sound effects when different units are hit.
For example, I designed a knife shield hand
Then, when he is attacked, the sound should be different.
Basically, when each unit is attacked, the sound effects are different.

2018-11-14 17:12:57

ah yeah that would be good also, @291

2018-11-15 00:45:59

SkyLord wrote:

ah yeah that would be good also, @291

The more perfect the sound effect, the more attractive it is.

2018-11-15 13:51:21

I can finally reproduce the lost problems of the team.
First recruit a unit, such as a knight
Then add the unit to a group
At this time, we can control the members of this group by pressing the corresponding hotkey.
Then we recruited a knight
Next, we press s to control all the knights and let them reach a specified square.
At this time, we pressed the previous hotkey to control the members of the group, but found that it has been lost.
Let's do another experiment again
We recruit another knight again
There are now 3 knights and no grouping
Then we press shift+6 to add one of the knights or two knights to a group.
At this time, we can control the two knights in the group by pressing 6.
Then we press s to control all the knights and let them go to a designated square
At this time, we press 6 again and find that the previously set group has been lost.

2018-11-16 14:55:15

hello @拓海
About your post 290, well, you can do that, the only that you have to do, is perform a manual selection of the peasants that you want to use for build.

Example:

You have 10 mining peasants, so, if you want only use a quarter of them for build something, press shift+e, select all of them in the square, next press (if I am not wrong) 4 for select only a quarter of the previous selection, and next, perform the build task.

If you want a more detailed selection, you can select with e one by one the peasants that you want to use for build; move to the nearby square, and after that, go to the nearby square, select with d, and you have in selection the workers that you want to use for building.

Sounds tricky, but really you can do that in less than one or two seconds.

Respecting the automatically selection of peasants tasks, if you ask to me, really I don't want them, or add that with a new option, like to start automatick tasks.
But the default option is that a peasant do nothing unless you order it to do something.

That is for now.

Thanks for all!

2018-11-16 15:26:35

but If you move to a nearby square and start building, it’s a bit wasteful, And greatly lengthened your defensive range, which is very unfavorable.

sanslash332 wrote:

hello @拓海
About your post 290, well, you can do that, the only that you have to do, is perform a manual selection of the peasants that you want to use for build.

Example:

You have 10 mining peasants, so, if you want only use a quarter of them for build something, press shift+e, select all of them in the square, next press (if I am not wrong) 4 for select only a quarter of the previous selection, and next, perform the build task.

If you want a more detailed selection, you can select with e one by one the peasants that you want to use for build; move to the nearby square, and after that, go to the nearby square, select with d, and you have in selection the workers that you want to use for building.

Respecting the automatically selection of peasants tasks, if you ask to me, really I don't want them, or add that with a new option, like to start automatick tasks.
But the default option is that a peasant do nothing unless you order it to do something.

That is for now.

Thanks for all!

2018-11-16 15:45:44

拓海 wrote:

but If you move to a nearby square and start building, it’s a bit wasteful, And greatly lengthened your defensive range, which is very unfavorable.
It is good to automate tasks
For example, if your trebuchet is damaged, you can't use farmers to repair them one by one. This is a waste of time, but if the farmers can repair it automatically, it will greatly reduce the time and reduce
unnecessary casualties.
Another benefit is that now soundrts can build doors and walls.
If the peasants can't repair them automatically, then the walls and gates will be meaningless, and the enemy can easily break them.
But if the farmer can repair it automatically
Then we can experience the siege warfare during the ancient wars.

sanslash332 wrote:

hello @拓海

Example:

That is for now.

Thanks for all!

2018-11-16 16:55:11

What about splitting up the normal worker into Thre different types of Workerunits?
Builder: Will automaticly build or repair buildings.
Collectors: Will automaticly go mining or woodcutting.
Normal workers: Will do nothing till you give them an order.

I got another general question:
It would be nice to have the progress of a building which is upgrading spoken if you select the building by pressing w
For example: You start to upgrade your keep to a castle. And if you press w to circle through the buildings your TTS says: Keep upgrading to castle at 40 percent.

2018-11-16 17:04:52 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-16 17:31:29)

Good advice, workers are divided into absenteeism and maintenance workers.
But the operation will become more complicated
If soundmud can optimize the way farmers work, try to optimize them.

firefly82 wrote:

What about splitting up the normal worker into Thre different types of Workerunits?
Builder: Will automaticly build or repair buildings.

Collectors: Will automaticly go mining or woodcutting.
Normal workers: Will do nothing till you give them an order.

I got another general question:
It would be nice to have the progress of a building which is upgrading spoken if you select the building by pressing w
For example: You start to upgrade your keep to a castle. And if you press w to circle through the buildings your TTS says: Keep upgrading to castle at 40 percent.

2018-11-16 18:43:41

buf, the discussion about automatic tasks or not, depends just what kind of RTS game is the game that you want.

In my case, for soundrts, I take as an example to follow and repeat, is a mixture of age of empires 2, and starcraft. These (for me) are the best rts games, and try to have similar game styles, is the good way.

About the square thin, only say move these peasantsto the nearby square for select them easily; not build at that square.

smile