2018-10-29 02:10:30

Defender, cheers mate, all good suggestions there, I have put them on a list, especially the one about the cheeseburger and pint.  The prices are similar here in the U.K. so perhaps a veggie burger, or a curry, or even just a pint.  The fact that folks say they appreciate my software is a huge motivation in itself.  And o of course cheese, I do like cheese, though it is difficult to find.  and danielpicard if you have read this far,spoilers
spoilers alert
wanda says she lost her ring on the bridge
spoilers alert
and her toad in the flooded fields
end of spoilers
The ring is needed for some game endings and I do wish I had given a more specific clue in the game about the ring, the staff of course is relatively easy to find.  Hope anyone stuck did not find this too frustrating.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-10-29 05:18:56

Awesome, thank you for taking those suggestions into account, here are a couple more.
it'd be nice if you'd get a turn of reprieve after the outlaws ariving are announced, as their is no reason to have anyone in the lookout post before that and you may need to shift your people around... Meaning you could be attacked suddenly with no chance to find out.
I wish the game would present dialogs like the start screen and events as a list instead of a scroller, because you can't go back up, and unless their is some background code I don't know about, it could be pretty variable depending on speech rate with the auto scrolling.
Just something at the bottom that says press enter to continue or something would work fine I think, that way you wouldn't miss it.

2018-10-29 05:24:09

@defender I worked out pretty quick that the arrival of the outlaws comes with in a set time so after I think it's likely to happen I put people in the watch tower.
I can see your point though. like with the weather, first day you don't know what the weather will be like. but:

spoilers:
first day is always sunshine.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-29 05:39:10 (edited by defender 2018-10-29 05:43:28)

Ah I see is it like 10th day then?
And can you believe that if I want to give Rocky 7.5 pounds, than I need to pay 16 CAD if I want to spare him the fees? It'd be even worse if he wasn't a charity or if I was using a card to do it? I understand that processing takes money to run servers and use bank systems and such, but holy crap... The 3 dollar currency fee especially pisses me off!

2018-10-29 13:12:33

Defender, I think the fees are all at my end when you hit the paypal button and bad though it is, its only like max 5% and the percentage goes down above 10 quid.  If you find there is a fee at your end please let me know as I would not be happy with those paypal people.  Did you know there is an ongoing story in a list just like you suggested, if you miss anything then just press o for ongoing story, which you can scroll upwards to get the latest story line.  Its in game day order.  Yes that first day of outlaw activity can catch you out, they usually rock up on day 4, 5 or 6, but I will put in a days grace in my next code tweak.  Bit like the first days sunshine.

2018-10-30 01:06:22

it's a 3 cad currency conversion fee of death, which I'm quite sure doesn't get refunded.

2018-10-30 04:08:20

Here's something I just thought of a few minutes ago.
Would it be possible to have the number row act as like a shortcut to assign workers? EG press 1-0 for 1 to 10 workers without having to press enter. Of course, this'd only be useful if you want to assign that many, but would save you having to press enter on every individual building.
Okay, last record I'm gonna try for... 94 days, stressful, red dragon. Do not ask how I managed it, lol because I honestly don't know either... luck? But I got Wanda the first day, so prioritized her quests. Then the dragon came later than usual, around day 45. I'd also focused on getting many, many more people than I usually do, and built the king's house for the gold. So basically by the time the dragon came, I'd already been at around something like 9 rubies and 6 gems. Didn't take long, so I actually had extra by the time it was time for the outlaws and wolves.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-10-30 06:35:16 (edited by SirBadger 2018-10-30 06:41:46)

@157 I kind of like that idea with the numbers. I can see how that would be useful. only problem is the fields can take up to 20 workers each so 1 through 0 wouldn't work there. I guess shift+1 through 0 could work to go for double digits.
ok an edit, I just realised the guard house can take 25 workers.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-11-09 12:30:30

Well the db is now  editable again, so to celebrate Here is this page for Dragon village

More new entries are on the way, but I wanted to give Dragon village the recognition it deserves for being such an awesome game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-10 00:36:09

yeah I really loved this game, haven't played it to much since I beat it, but I definitely plan on going back to it, and I am still going to donate to rocky as soon as I become unbroke lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-11-10 16:13:03

thankyou Dark.  Reading your wonderful description in the DB, made me rather proud to have got this far.  Without my gaiming friends and without this forum I doubt I would have started my little programming journey.. 
I would like to thank the following people for support, testing and suggesting:
Badger, Aprone, Wolf, Buzz, Trevor, Jess, Janaleen and rose.
Especially Badger who gave much encouragement, many ideas and finished the sound work when I was running out of steam.  Totally awesome dragon battle sounds for example.
Credit and a big thankyou for the music by Eric Matyas, www.soundimage.org
Last and not least, cheers for the encouragement and feedback from you lot.  There's some excellent ideas up there and I have even had time to put a few of them in.  The rest are on a list for future versions, or for future games.

2018-11-12 07:36:28

Hello,
Well, my collection of games which I play is growing day by day with these great games. I have played dragon village for very long and I don't remember how much I finished it. But I would suggest only one thing, please improve the sounds and I know you are working on it. Good work, keep it up!

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-11-12 10:02:24

@rocky glad you like the db page, its actually really nice to just be able to play games and write about them again.

@Best audiogamer, I'm afraid I am a bit confused what you mean about "improve the sounds",, I actually thought the sounds in the game were pretty cool, what with each square having its own ambience, some of which like the forest and the hills change according to what is happening, ---- the "stay A! Wake!" when you look at the watch tower made me laugh. I also like the way the music changes in the game  you assign people and the little stings when bad stuff happens.

I do agree there could be a wee bit more voice acting for individual characters like the witch and the river merchant, and perhaps more sounds for individual events in the game, but that would be an optional extra rather than a necessity.

Which sounds did you think were a in need of improvement?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-12 11:20:27

hello roky

i am prowd that you releest a new game; dragon vilij! i plade this game a munth a go and working grate; i am using win
10 with nvda just sterlok; one sad thing; i cant survive mor then 10 dyes; ha ha ha hahahaha

thank you for making this game; and have a good day; i hope you make mor games soon; good luk roky;

mike

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2018-11-12 14:09:28

Hello,
I think a few sounds need to be remade, They overlap sometimes. I don't know why it happens, but I'm going to grab a new copy of the game. Who knows if I have been running an old version of the game?

Best regards
Pranam

2018-11-12 16:40:58

Hmmm, overlapping? I didn't notice that  but if it happens again you should probably take note of where and what you were doing since it sounds like a bug.

2018-11-12 17:48:49

Ok, sure I will note it down. Downloaded a new version, wasn't aware that it got released.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-11-17 14:13:31

damn it man, I have yet to beat challenge mode. that freakin green dragon keeps wiping away my villagers every few turns, and no way I have freakin 500gold to give him. killed all the wolves, got it down to 20 outlaws. i'll be damn that I got hit with a plague, at the same time that dragon ate my villagers. GAME OVER, sad days

2018-12-10 05:22:26

Hi,
I have read all the previous post. kind of stuck here and need a hint.

how does one find the ring and the goat. last 2 deeds I wish to do before i pay this darn silver dragon off to make him go away. Think I am on like day 138 or so and tried various things to get those last 2 done but alas nada.

Other than those 2 making my head bleed really like this game. thanks.

Shermanator

2018-12-10 10:10:56

Shermanator wrote:

Hi,
I have read all the previous post. kind of stuck here and need a hint.

how does one find the ring and the goat. last 2 deeds I wish to do before i pay this darn silver dragon off to make him go away. Think I am on like day 138 or so and tried various things to get those last 2 done but alas nada.

Other than those 2 making my head bleed really like this game. thanks.

Shermanator

OK.
So, get some workers with gods and golds to king in bridge.
After that, another people will wayt on those people. Those starring people can get this ring.
This same with road to east. Some workers can take food to near village and those, who wayt on those folks can find goat.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-12-10 10:56:09

how does one find the toad??? I did all the other witch requests but that one. I know the hint said its near the river and I have fished and fished nothing, and lastly, whats up with these outlaws keep popping up? its actually nerve racking. I got them down to about 25, and they just jumped back up to 80. this is ridiculous man, I am almost at day 300. playing on the difficulty before the last. dragon has been defeated 100 days ago

2018-12-10 11:24:42

never mind about the toad, I scanned this topic and discovered a couple hints on finding him, and I got him. but man these freakin outlaws again are ridiculous, once again got it down in the 20s, then boom shot right back up to the 70s, this won't stop happening

2018-12-10 11:27:24

smoothgunner wrote:

how does one find the toad??? I did all the other witch requests but that one. I know the hint said its near the river and I have fished and fished nothing, and lastly, whats up with these outlaws keep popping up? its actually nerve racking. I got them down to about 25, and they just jumped back up to 80. this is ridiculous man, I am almost at day 300. playing on the difficulty before the last. dragon has been defeated 100 days ago

OK, there is flood, but for some reason is good. Ofcourse, to get to the flooded fields some workers, where You have this quest and they will find something.
This is just for spoilers.
But this thing, how to win this game and destroy dragon I don't know also.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-03-31 03:26:11

Hi,
thanks for info. got all items now.
now my problem has changed. Able to complete all levels but stressful.

Not sure what day I am on. Able to get rid of my darn pesky red dragon. Wolves stoppe showing up and was able to get rid of them. but those darn outlaws still keep coming. think I am up to about 300 now. I get them down 50 or so then another 80+ show up. Once i can get rid of them i will have completed all levels of ddificulty.

so anyone got any advice for this situation?

shermanator

I see i am not alone in this query.

2019-03-31 09:56:48

Hi,
just wanted to give an example of how bad the outlaws are for me on stressful level.

Went back to game and was on day 298. Not sure how many outlaws I had at this time. well on day 308 I got 100 more outlaws. I had about 374 outlaws at this time. Fast forward to day 318 and 103 more outlaws arrived. Bringign my rumored total to 398.

So by my math I cannot do this quest unless the outlaws stop arriving.

BTW. for anyone who has not tried stressful level please note it lives up to its name. this is probably my 30th game or so on this level and this is furthest I have gotten.

Also. to date I have yet to face a black or green dragon. Can some one please give me a hint on what type of damage they do. Heard black is tough but wondering how tough they are and what they do to earn their reputation.

Happy gaming.

Shermanator