2018-11-09 18:16:16

hello,
i've updated steam just now and amazing! their browser is now accessible! yeh! i hope they make the whole app accessible for us in the future updates!
what do you guys think?

2018-11-09 18:23:05

That is amazing. Isn't the chrome wrapper drive the show for the whole app though? Just wondering what parts really wouldn't be accessible, other than maybe installers.

2018-11-09 18:24:09

the menus, there are lots of menus, the library, community, and a few more places

2018-11-09 18:28:59

Are those all the places that are accessible, or those that aren't?

2018-11-09 18:42:25

those that aren't

2018-11-09 20:12:56

this is really cool, interesting, what written in steam news?

let's rock!

2018-11-09 20:16:53

and the sign in page too, as well as choosing your language, and what not. I just had to assume that the first text field was the user name and the next was for the password. and then the next for the steam guard code, but even though my steam is working, since I was doing it purely off guess work, my language is set to korean. The only reason I know this is because when my brother decided to play GTA 5, it was all not in english, and then a few days later social club started to not work, so I looked through the log, and it said my language was Korean... Yeah, good Job Valve, Now everything I do envolving steam at least on my pc, thank god it didn't affect my actual account is in a foreign language.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-11-09 22:44:36

Yeah, last time I tried to join I ran into a Captcha with no audio alternative. It's frustrating because I'd really like to get my paws on the You Don't Know Jack games, particularly the 2011 version.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-11-09 23:22:16

I call your bluff on this. I just opened steam and went to the games tab and no go with that. Even the steam new/login page isn't accessible. Ad my steam client went through an update to so...

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-10 04:36:18

ethin you have to update it from the options menu that's how i did it and mine works you want me to do a recording and show that i'm not bluffing? what am i valve's owner to bluff?

2018-11-10 05:09:24

@10, are you saying its not an automatic update?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-10 12:03:10

no it wasn't automatic for me had to click check for steam updates in the menu

2018-11-10 12:12:52

Strange! I installed the client and cant access nothing. Looks like an empty screen for me.

2018-11-10 13:21:52

here's a recording, i logged out, then logged in, and went and checked mortal kombat x's page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9u6wbwh6w098 … m.mp3?dl=0

2018-11-10 15:47:59

hi,
i installed steam but i cant read the login window.

2018-11-10 16:12:40

yeah it doesnt read for me as well but it's easier you enter your username, press tab then password then press tab and space to remember your account if you want that's optional then press enter to log in

2018-11-10 19:17:51

Hi I have installed a latesteam clijent and updates for it.
I have logged to my account by using corresponding parameters from lirn's steam guide, and after logging I see that this clijent is still inaccessible.
I see only a chat window, which is accessible, but I dont see any changes in clijent.
I still have to use windows 10 ocr in order to read my library.
So I am sorry but I dont see any changes.

2018-11-10 19:54:31

yeah, the library isn't accessible aw it's the browser, the web browser or the store section

2018-11-10 20:17:10

oh I see that it is nice that I can install the game directly from the clijent.
Great

2018-11-11 20:48:47

Hi.
I just installed Steam a few minutes ago, and it's still the inaccessible shit as previously. Nothing is accessible at all. How do I install a game I have purchased? I started to have some high hopes after having read this topic. but nah...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-12 11:34:48

installing and browsing library isn't accessible but they just have made the web browser accessible, at least now we can buy games without using firefox/ chrome / etc and they are making progress

2018-11-12 16:06:47

Okay. Thanks for the reply. So that means I'm not able to install the game I have bought without sighted help? sad

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-12 16:30:02

SLJ, protip: If you'll open the steam client you are on the games list. When you are using arrow keys screen reader is not reading anything but if you'll press enter you will see what game you are about to install. If it's not the one you want just hit escape and run the other one. Maybe not perfect way but it definitely works.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-11-12 16:31:02

BTW, this is out of logic. What do you mean by saying Steam browser? Client is just a client so saying you can't install games from the client itself but you can use the browser and in the same time you don't need firefox / chrome etc.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-11-12 18:56:39

steam has a built in browser omg have you guys ever tried reading about it or actually playing games in steam?