2010-08-15 22:20:10

Can anyone please tell me how to post a game to the archive ? I would like to get some feedback on what I have so far.

2010-08-15 22:25:43

i don't think you can. you'll have to ask a modderater or an administrater. sorry. what game did you want to add?

2010-08-15 23:04:24

The form is indeed broken, tell us what you want to be added in here and we'll see what we can do.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-08-16 03:12:46

Update:
Perhaps me or Dark can even write a news post for you, that'll encourage feedback more than putting it in the database but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Post links and any descriptions, if there is one on the web page that will do fine so long as it is more than a line or two.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-08-16 12:55:31

It's a cross modal football game that I've been working on as part of my MSc Dissertation. It's only a beta version and I wanted to post it so people could try it out and give me some feedback.

2010-08-16 20:26:25

If it is playable by audio alone then go right ahead and put the details up, we've had that kind of situation with games before. A link is essential if we're going to do anything.

cx2
-----

2010-08-16 20:59:34

cag,
the way to do this would be to post a link to your file and let people play. what you need to realise about audiogames.net's database is that it's moderated. in fact, there's one particular game that still dosn't have a database entry, but has got so much attention and is very popular, i'm talking about a game called battle zone, developed by a forum member known as keywasfull. all you'll have to do, is make a topic in general game discussion and post a link to the game in there, with a brief description, and i'm sure people will download it and give feedback, me included. general game discussion is the best part of the forum to post information about new games, and will most likely get the most attention. battle zone is at 30 pages, and counting. it's not offten that a game like this gets that popular, in fact, i'm really surprised. but the game will at least spark some discussion and feedback, maybe even extending into multiple pages.

2010-08-16 21:48:29

Like I said a topic posted by me or Dark in the news area will get you way more attention than a database entry.

cx2
-----

2010-08-17 10:17:40

Yes indeed, if you write a topic in the general discussion area with a link and description to your game, Cx2 or I will be glad to write up some news, which will have plenty of people playing your game.

the database really is more a general resource list, and gets updated as time permits, rather than any kind of method to notify people about new games.

for instance, Battle zone, palace punch up, bgt, the azabat and gamevial games, galactic conquest and genleo are all on the list of games to get database entries, but when i get around to adding them will depend upon the rest of my life generally, while a news post can be written as soon as you post a topic.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-08-20 02:45:29

Thanks a lot guys. Will do.

2010-09-12 14:27:28

dark please add  a add game forum in to the audiogames homepage. thanks for reading!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-09-12 15:46:32

dark is meerly a moderator, not an admin, thus he can not do anything of the sort!

2010-09-13 08:47:55

who is the admin, add.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page