2018-11-08 17:51:09

I am considering making an accessible rocket game similar to kerbal space program. What features would you want if you were to play it.
At the moment I've only got a basic plan so I'm open to all ideas.
Also if anyone else would be interested in helping please let me know.

2018-11-08 18:46:21

Please provide more info about rocket sims. What is their purpose? How do they work?

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-11-08 20:58:38

explain? sounds, interesting?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-09 01:28:01

I guess it should be moved to general discussion forum, since we're talking about collecting ideas, not about programming issues or anything else related.

2018-11-09 02:23:33 (edited by magurp244 2018-11-09 02:36:14)

[Kerbal Space Program] is a simulation game where you manage a nacent space program for an alien race called "Kerbals", and you can design and launch your own rockets and space craft, among other things, using realistic orbital physics. The various goals of the game can either be set personally or through contracts, such as reaching orbit, landing on other plants, catching asteroids, etc. The game itself has become quite popular with the aerospace industry, NASA, and hobby rocket enthusiasts. If you ever wanted to know what happens if you strap a few hundred pounds of explosives to the back of a minivan, you can find out with Kerbal Space Program, with all of its amazingly tragic results.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-11-09 06:34:43

Yes, you could launch rockets with realistic orbits and send them to moons and other planets.
Can admins move this or can I?

2018-11-09 14:19:00

mods have too

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-12 13:22:11 (edited by daniel 2018-11-12 13:40:22)

Hi,
I'd personally be interested in something like this. As my interests are more along the lines of historical rockets I.E. the redstone booster, Saturn V ETC, I'd like to see a blind accessible simulation of the systems that were used, with realistic orbital mechanics and physics. Might be a tall order, but if a project like this gets going it looks promising!
Also, sorry for the slight off-topic question, but as you menssioned it is there any accessibility to speak of for kerbal?
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-11-14 17:12:36

Not that I know of, there's a thread on here discussing   it but nothing was worked out.
I'm far from an expert but I'll do my best