2018-11-07 19:23:25

Hi,
Is there an addon that is similar to nokia tts or nokia tts for NVDA? I know that there is a very, very slim chance or none at all but I am curious anyway, because I used to use nokia tts with mobile speak on my nokia e72 phone and despite the bad intonation etc I loved how it sounded.
Thanks

2018-11-08 06:57:07

I don't think that's even possible as Nokia TTS ran on Simbina, which is near impossible to even get emulated on the pc let alone get the tts.
I can't even find a Simbian emulator to preserve the thing; Mobile Speak4 running on a Windows Mobile is all I got.

2018-11-08 10:50:52

Hi,

If you're thinking of the standard one-voiced TTS build in to symbian, that changed it's language depending on the phone's language, then I don't know how to get it.

If, however, you're thinking of the low quality Nokia HQ voices, that you could download, and use in nearly every language, then they were some really low quality versions of the RealSpeak voices, with changed names. For example, the American English voice Malcolm, sorry if I spelled it wrong, is really the RealSpeak voice Tom, and the Danish voice Mette, is really the RealSpeak voice Nanna.

If any Danish person is reading this, don't be confused with Acapela Mette.