2018-11-01 21:47:59 (edited by fatih 2018-11-01 21:48:48)

Hello,
Can you give a download link to nvspeech synthesizer? Don't confuse it with nvspeech player in espeak addon though.
I cannot understand why we should go through steps like building etc. I don't understand from programing at all. So please can you give a link to it's latest version?
I remember though about 6-7 months ago it was like crap. I wonder if its the same now as well.
Thanks

2018-11-02 01:25:45

Here is a link to my fork, which is bassed on the latest NV SpeechPlayer.
I upped the sample rate from 1600 HZ to 22050 HZ, and put some paramators that were taken out back in.
http://grossgang.com/tts/speechPlayer%2 … nvda-addon

2018-11-02 04:11:18

Hi.
To follow up on what Jake said, this is also compatible with the latest version of eSpeak-NG that's built into NVDA, since nvSpeechPlayer relies on eSpeak to parse text into phonemes represented in IPA, making use of existing eSpeak dictionary processing, and starting with NVDA 2016.3 or somewhere around there, this broke nvSpeechPlayer as a result of NVDA switching to eSpeak-NG.

2018-11-02 04:33:01

As I've stated before, I'd really like to see if NVSpeech could be made to be dependent on itself to synthesize speech. That may be a future endeavor of mine, to try my hand at it and see if I can pull it off. Is it even possible?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-02 17:18:41

is there a sapi5 version of this latest speech player?

2018-11-02 17:35:00

hi jake, I really like your version of speech player a lot! excellent job! and jason's version as well! I have an idea. someone on here or on twitter named guillam, i think that is his name... anyway he modified the intonations of ESpeak to make it sound exactly like keynote gold tts. if you wish, i can give you a talking dosBox with keynote gold installed to refresh your memory on how it sounds. But if you could, please, can you make a Keynote gold speechPlayer voice, that sounds as close to Keynote gold tts as possible? with the keynote gold intonations and stuff? Or, could Jason perhaps make a keynote gold speech player klatt voice with your nice high sampling rates applied? thanks. I emailed the folks at humanware and they do not seem interested in modding ESpeak and making a Keynote gold klatt voice.

2018-11-06 00:34:10 (edited by Synthlonetica Productions 2018-11-06 02:55:36)

@joshknnd1982 What are you even talking about Josh?
there are only two ways to get KeyNote Gold to run on modern Windows systems.
i don't know why you are so obsessed with getting KeyNote Gold Running on modern Windows systems anyways.
that's just stupid, and frankly a little bit immature.
You know that petition for KeyNote Gold On Android?
That would take 2 or 3 years just to get one Speech synthesizer emulated on android.
Not to mention the programming that would have to be done to get it to somehow work with the ARM architecture.
Also not to mention the programming that would be required to get it into an actual app on the google play store.
That is just so stupid i can't even believe it.
I mean sure, KeyNote Gold is an awesome synth, Don't get me wrong, But why would you want it running on modern Windows systems to begin with.
And still, like i mentioned, their are only 2 ways to get it running on any modern Windows system. The 2 ways are as follows.

1: get a BrailleNote mPower And Use the "Remote Synthesizer" Function set to COM port 5 and or COM port 3 if COM port 5 does not work properly.

2: get VMWare Player 12 From Jake's Website in the VMWare Folder.

Then download a file called Windows 95 dot e x e.

NOTE: Do not download from the win world p c category, as you will not have the Windows Eyes 5 point 5 or HAL screen reader included with the virtual machine.

Once you have the virtual machine installed, download the K N Demo application from jake's website in the old keysoft file category.

But seriously Josh. you need to stop being mentally stuck in the 1990s, and also you need to stop being stuck in the Mirena Trench of Logic.

This is getting really annoying, and it is also causing very unwanted drama in the speech synthesis community.

In fact, i bet if you somehow got a KeyNote SA for Christmas, you would be jumping up and down.

Well, you know how rare hardware speech synthesizers are to find these days.

Pretty much the only one that you can find right now is a DoubleTalk LT.

I mean, Seriously, Get REAL HERE JOSH!

Even if HumanWare or any of the people who made KeyNote Gold did want to get KeyNote Gold to run on modern Windows systems, It is highly unlikely that they would want to spend the time that it would take to program it to, or frankly it is highly unlikely that they would even care.

And even then, There is the fact that KeyNote Gold Is A 16 Bit Synth, So you would need a virtual machine just to get it to run on modern Windows systems.

So, there.

And if that still isn't enough, i think that KeyNote Gold will have something to say about that.

Don't believe me?

Well, Here's proof.

http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=KsIhKFGLeAV0

2018-11-06 17:47:00

Another speech synthesizer topic turned sour.

2018-11-07 00:06:42

@ManFromTheDark Yeah, It sucks when that happens.

But Josh Kennedy Is So Obssessed With KeyNote Gold It's Not Even Funny.

Even Jake Has Told Me How Annoying It Is.

And The Worst Part About It Is He Is 34 Years Old, Yet He Still Acts Like a 2 Year Old When It Comes To KeyNote Gold.

He Even Went As Far To Make a Petition Too Get KeyNote Gold Ported Over To Android, Which Uses The ARM Architecture, So Your Already Looking At 2 Or 3 Years Of Programming There And Finding The Necessary Chips As Well.

But On a Lighter Note, Someone Who is From Germany I Think Who Likes DECtalk Was Actually Able To Find DECtalk 4.40 Multilingual.

Yes, You Heard That Right.

DECtalk 4.40 Multilingual.

2018-11-07 05:02:09

@Synthlonetica Productions Can you see if the person can give you a link to DECtalk 4.40 multilingual if at all possible? Or samples, perhaps? I'm very curious to hear what it sounds like and/or to play with it some time.

2018-11-07 06:06:21

@Synthlonetica Productions I'm sorry man, I do agree that Josh constantly asking for KNG can get pretty annoying, but in terms of who's starting trouble about it I'm afraid I have to say you. You started calling him names so you're not in much of a position to say that he's causing trouble. All he's doing is being aggravating, and it's in your hands to determine whether you want to make it a big deal or not.
Anyway, let’s get back to the topic at hand here.

TWITCH

2018-11-07 06:48:54

@shotgunshell Actually, I'm not the only one who thinks that Josh is being annoying with his asking of KNG. Jake Gross, Alex Krier, Daniel Kisielevski, Jason Bratcher, Brandon Hennis, And Even My Own Friend, Daniel Ingraham, Think That Josh's Constant Asking Of KNG Is Annoying.

And Second, How am i the one causing trouble here.

If anything, Josh is the one who started this drama within the speech synthesis community in the first place.

2018-11-07 18:56:15

@Synthlonetica Productions Lets once again put this into perspective. Josh is being annoying. Being annoying is not the same as starting drama. You are calling him names, and I'm mainly talking about the any audio clip because you posted it here to confront. Trying to confront someone or calling them names is equivalent to starting drama. You are choosing to make it dramatic, and it wouldn't be had you just ignored him completely which is what I did.

TWITCH

2018-11-07 21:12:11

@shotgunshell Okay, let's just put this drama behind us cause there's no use in dwelling on it any more.

2018-11-07 21:23:19

@Synthlonetica Productions Good, thank you.

TWITCH

2018-11-07 23:54:17

We found DECtalk 4.40 multilingual, as well as other DECtalk things on the wayback machine. They were from a sight called Ultranet, and I uploaded a zip of all the stuff I was able to find.
http://grossgang.com/tts/dectalk%20soft … tranet.zip

2018-11-08 19:56:50 (edited by FamilyMario 2018-11-08 20:05:25)

Hi.
@datajake1999 Thanks Jake! I downloaded that ZIP file before, but I didn't know what it was, other than it had DECtalk stuff in it. Well now I know.
A bit of warning for some of you who want to use this. Note that you'll need an XP VM or earlier if you want to run the INSTALL.bat file (which installs the speak windows in the root of the C:\ drive under a new directory called "dtdemo". I believe you could also run dtswdemo.exe and it'll install just the demo files.
Since this is DECtalk 4.40, it will only run if you have the speak windows stored on the root of the C:\ drive.
You also can't export as WAV with these speak windows, but you could just use Resource Hacker on speak.exe and ungray the menu items that specify the WAV file quality.

2018-11-11 04:39:53

well I found the creator of software keynote gold on linkedin and messaged him. He may look into making a good keynote gold voice for ESpeak. I'll have to wait and see what he says when he gets back to me. But yes porting the original keynote gold to modern systems is not practical. It's too old. won't work. Only way is to modify ESpeak to emulate it maybe.

2018-11-16 03:03:16

@joshknnd1982 Uhhhhhh, What?

2018-11-16 20:05:15

Tin Hughes from New Zealand, maker of Keynote gold multimedia for windows said modding ESpeak won't work. it won't sound like keynote gold. I found a sapi5 voice which sort of sounds like it. It's called RH-voice. and there is a sapi5 version, and if you install the english language pack along with the bdl voice it kind of sounds like it. The author of rh-voice got back to me and said it is also possible to make new voices for rh-voice. Still waiting for more details on that process. But rh-voice sapi5 is very responsive and works very good. Also works on linux and its available for android also. just google search "rhvoice wiki" ... and you'll find it. One of my friends told me about it.

2018-11-17 03:31:38

I wonder how you do that? I'd like to make my own voice with that. I've downloaded the source from github, maybe you have to do it that way?

TWITCH

2018-11-17 21:40:57

RH update... I can't get the source working on my computer for some reason, despite the fact that I have all the components. I checked the closed source version of RHV, and there's nothing in there in regards to making your own voice. Honestly at this point, I'm stumped.

TWITCH