2018-11-03 22:57:33

Agreed with the previous post, it's in my opinion still one of the best audiogames we have and I'm glad it's still being worked on.

2018-11-04 06:30:51

yes, Few games can be developed for such a long time, and it is a very good game,

2018-11-04 19:37:57

Yeah totally agree

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2018-11-04 21:12:26

whait i thought this game is gone
wow, cool

2018-11-05 15:11:57

@sound mud, what does the parameter fpctcoeff in user.ini?

2018-11-05 17:50:44 (edited by SoundMUD 2018-11-05 17:52:05)

The fpctcoeff parameter isn't used since 1.2-c6. It was a coefficient in the formula used to compute the number of simulation frames per communication turn (FPCT). This fpctcoeff parameter, with a default value of 2.3, was IIRC a margin of security coefficient. The minimal value was 1. If too low, the fluctuations of ping are felt; if too high, the orders of the player will be effective too many sim turns later (sluggishness).

For example, at normal speed (about 3 frames per second if there is no CPU usage problem), with a ping of 100 ms:

FPCT = int(3 * 0.1 * 2.3) + 1 = int(0.69) + 1 = 1 frame per com turn

Since 1.2-c6, the number of sim frames per com turn is always 1.

Allowing several simulation frames in one communication turn was supposed to allow multiplayer games at any speed, as long as the game doesn't use too much CPU. I have removed it, at least temporarily, because I suspected it might cause unnecessary lag if the number of sim frames is too high.

If I reduce CPU usage reliably, and if I make sure that the game can measure reliably ping and the time required for a simulation frame, and if I trust the FPCT formula to take into account the fluctuations in ping and CPU saturation without increasing the lag, then I might try this again.

2018-11-06 08:54:57

No wonder, now in the case of single player mode, the player can't operate fast, otherwise the game reaction can't keep up.

SoundMUD wrote:

The fpctcoeff parameter isn't used since 1.2-c6. It was a coefficient in the formula used to compute the number of simulation frames per communication turn (FPCT). This fpctcoeff parameter, with a default value of 2.3, was IIRC a margin of security coefficient. The minimal value was 1. If too low, the fluctuations of ping are felt; if too high, the orders of the player will be effective too many sim turns later (sluggishness).

For example, at normal speed (about 3 frames per second if there is no CPU usage problem), with a ping of 100 ms:

FPCT = int(3 * 0.1 * 2.3) + 1 = int(0.69) + 1 = 1 frame per com turn

Since 1.2-c6, the number of sim frames per com turn is always 1.

Allowing several simulation frames in one communication turn was supposed to allow multiplayer games at any speed, as long as the game doesn't use too much CPU. I have removed it, at least temporarily, because I suspected it might cause unnecessary lag if the number of sim frames is too high.

If I reduce CPU usage reliably, and if I make sure that the game can measure reliably ping and the time required for a simulation frame, and if I trust the FPCT formula to take into account the fluctuations in ping and CPU saturation without increasing the lag, then I might try this again.

2018-11-06 11:42:18

Hello sound mud, i have a feature request. Please can you add a thing so you could write down in style.txt something attackdist filename, so when launchattack happens and when you are not in the same square as the unit that launches an attack you will hear a dist shot that you specified in attackdist, like in some warfare mod you'd hear the dist sounds of weapons. There should be a limit also. Also i have a question, what exactly does universal notification and alert? and what does the damage radius and splash 0 or 1? does it mean if i'll set a damage radius and won't type splash 1 it won't affect the units in that damage radius?

2018-11-06 15:31:45

Oh, and yeah, what does the num_channels feature in user/soundrts.ini?

2018-11-06 20:01:39

Hello @sound mud, today we with my friends discovered a bug with alliances, like if me and my friend are in alliance and our other friend is in his own alliance my friend gets all squares with unknown eeven if he gets units to go on it it's still unknown.

2018-11-07 00:04:05

@skylord
Thanks for the bug report! The bug also appears when replaying a game against several AIs: only the first AI have the correct squares. I'll fix this soon.

@拓海
> No wonder, now in the case of single player mode, the player can't operate fast, otherwise the game reaction can't keep up.
Is this a new problem? Do you know when this problem appeared?

@skylord
num_channels is the number of sounds played at the same time.
The launch attack sounds in a square nearby should probably be played by default anyway (this is not the case now).
An alert is a sound played even from far away, only for the player owning the unit emitting the alert.
universal_notification will create an alert sound that even the enemy can hear.
damage_radius is used only if splash 1, I think.

2018-11-07 04:37:15

Hello @sound MUD, i'm glad that i got so fast responce and glad also that allye square bug will be fixxed! Also i wanted to know something, what is the difference between attack_hit and attack_hit_level1 in style.txt? i saw this in one of the mods.

2018-11-07 14:59:14

Accurately speaking, the player's operating speed is limited. Once the operation speed is fast, a beep will appear and the command will not be executed.
For example, you recruit units at a very fast rate.

SoundMUD wrote:

@skylord
Thanks for the bug report! The bug also appears when replaying a game against several AIs: only the first AI have the correct squares. I'll fix this soon.

@拓海
> No wonder, now in the case of single player mode, the player can't operate fast, otherwise the game reaction can't keep up.
Is this a new problem? Do you know when this problem appeared?

@skylord
num_channels is the number of sounds played at the same time.
The launch attack sounds in a square nearby should probably be played by default anyway (this is not the case now).
An alert is a sound played even from far away, only for the player owning the unit emitting the alert.
universal_notification will create an alert sound that even the enemy can hear.
damage_radius is used only if splash 1, I think.

2018-11-07 15:43:58

@sound mud, i'm sorry for bombarding you with suggestions, but once again. Please can you do so once you pressed on recrute for example archer, the focus will stay there and you can press enter as much time as you wish and recrute more units. Oh, and i'm impressed with the new continuous version, sound rts doesn't lag anymore, finally, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

2018-11-07 16:29:22

Realy? No more lag in multiplayer?

2018-11-07 16:36:24

Yep firefly, almost no lag. Eeven when 60 or 70 units were fighting there was no lag at all.

2018-11-07 18:08:47

Damn, this sounds awesome. On which speed are you playing?
At the moment there are no available servers for me. Am i using the wrong version? C7?

2018-11-07 19:05:57

we were playing at speed 1.

2018-11-07 21:59:26

You already can, it's alt + g I believe. Not entirely the same, but it does the job

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2018-11-08 00:20:32

@拓海
If I ask a town hall to train a peasant, and then I press alt+g at least 10 times to train more peasants, the orders are recorded correctly (no sound or OK sound) until the queue is full and orders are rejected (hostile sound). It seems to work. Did I miss something?

@SkyLord
About attack_hit and attack_hit_level1, a wounded unit will emit a sound depending on the attacker and the damage level of the attacker. An attacker with a damage_bonus has a damage level of 1, I think.

2018-11-08 15:46:05

@拓海
To make sure it isn't a keyboard issue with the Alt modifier, you can temporarily edit res/ui/bindings.txt (or create user/bindings.txt) and add the following line at the end of the file:

F1: do_again now

This way F1 will do what alt+g does.

2018-11-08 18:01:54 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-08 18:52:40)

sorry
I am wrong, there is no problem in recruiting units.
But rapid research and technology will not work.
For example, when I select the sawmill, I quickly upgrade the archer's three attributes. If your operation is fast, he will only execute the first order without placing the next two orders in the queue.
In addition, there is a bug that doesn't know if it is a bug.
A small bug that has existed since 1.2a10
Because my network is relatively poor, it is always difficult to see other people's servers when viewing the public server. It depends on luck.
In theory, if you can't see the server, it means the server is 0, but the problem is coming, the game will automatically close.
You can try it after disconnecting the net.

2018-11-08 19:09:49

@拓海
OK. Thanks for the info!
Does the problem happen even if there are enough resources for all the orders?

2018-11-09 02:35:59

Yes, this will happen even if the resources are sufficient.

2018-11-09 16:33:27 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-09 17:06:08)

Another suggestion is that when you open the zoom view of the map, you should set the wall at the edge of the map to avoid
accidentally browsing to other areas.
I used to operate too fast, thinking that the square next to is the adjacent square.
Actually it's on my back.
So my unit suffered heavy losses haha.
still have a question
For example, when I was mining, I wanted to divide some farmers to build, but the mining farmers would stop their work to help build.
This is obviously not very good. The correct logic is that the farmers responsible for mining are still mining and will not be nosy.
In addition, when you open the zoom map, the default command of the building becomes go.
Should remain gathered