2018-10-28 18:58:19

No spoilers, but I love nightmare’s  individual story in this game.  It’s so simple but definitely makes you feel like the character.

2018-10-29 15:17:44

So. i got the game, and the audio is not 100% mono. it's just sort of limited.
I have a question about notations though. what does 3b actually mean? is it like street fighter's dragon punch? or it's executed differently.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-10-29 20:06:53

If you look at a guide, it should explain the notation... or look at a previous guide for an older game on gamefaqs. The numbers correspond to the numpad on your computer keyboard. 1 is down-back, 2 is down, 3 is down-forward, etc. Not down then forward, down and forward at the same time. 4, 6, 7 and 8 are the same for their respective directions. 5 is no direction. A is horrizontal slash, b is vertical, kick is k. There are other terms, but I strongly recommend looking it up as opposed to going with my explanation alone. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-29 22:18:21

thanks for that.
I'm trying to understand what "h", means in soul calibur notation. i googled around but can't understand what does h mean, for example 22H. does that mean  tab back twice and hold?

2018-10-30 19:26:44

22 is down... and you'd have to be a bit more specific about 22H. In googling, I found this right off the bat.
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibu … ion.10566/

H generally means high, but you should mention what move this command is supposed to execute...

2018-11-01 13:56:48

Hi.
I am getting into Libra of souls. I landed in Dhaka together with Maxi and the crew, helped some merchants to repair a land route and defend it from Bandits. I  now want to explore the erria a bit, but can't figure out how exploring works.
When I hit the option I have my cursor which I can move around, but I can't find out how I can select something to explore.
Could someone tell me how this works?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-11-01 15:48:33 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2018-11-01 15:52:24)

Hi
I'm a fan of the Soulcalibur series, I'm thinking of buying this game but I'd like to know if it worths playing from a blind person. Is it playable? I know that I might find answers through this thread, but I'll have to dig through posts to end up with an answer, not to mention the spoilers I'm afraid of. So what do you suggest?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-11-01 15:55:23

If you're a fan of the soulcalibur series, you should know it's playable, assuming you've played previous games. What do I suggest? If you're a fan of the series, you will want this game.

2018-11-01 18:52:28

for some reason this game has awesome input responsiveness on my pc compared to sfv and injustice 2. keys instantly respond to my inputs and combos are easy to execute once you launch your opponent. I don't know maybe it is very well optimized on my hardware, or it's just combos are much more easyer to pull off on this game and timings are  more relaxed.

2018-11-01 21:18:08

Combos are easier in this game than in street fighter. But this game isn't really about long combos anyway generally. But they definitely are easier.

2018-11-02 19:51:26

Hey.
Ok, that exporation thing really confuses me, I can't seam to go to any location when I move the cursor.
Please, those that have experience with the game, any hints would be appreaciated.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-11-02 23:29:35

ps4 players, anyone wants to get in some fights??? if so drop your psn names

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-11-07 06:05:17

I got the game! Ah how I miss a good Soul Calibur title. The last one was pretty bad, I didn't bother picking it up. Anyway, it sucks that the audio of the fights is still mostly mono. Good thing I'm used to this though. I just got spoiled by SFV, MKX, KI, and Injustice2 stereo sound lol.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2018-11-09 04:34:55

Man this game reminds me of SC2, which is my favorite game in the series. However, like Assault, I'm also on PS4. Thanks to the info that was posted. I went through the whole thread to find them lol.

I'll probably pick a copy for PC as well. This game is badass!!

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2018-11-17 17:36:14

How accessible is the Soul Calibre series for the totally blind? I'm thinking of buying an XBox1, but at present i'm still on PC. So I'm asking specifically about the PC versions and the XBox versions.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-11-17 17:57:10

Soulcalibur is, like any other fighting game, accessible enough to play. But with pc versions, meaning this ltest game only plus emulated older games, you can OCR your way through modes and such. But the main point to know is that the series is definitely accessible.

2018-12-19 18:15:07

Just bringing this topic back to say that 2B is now available. She is a guest character from Nier Automata.
I do not think she has a chronicle, or if she does, I can't find it at the moment. It is a little disappointing if that's the case, but it also makes sense as well due to her being from the future. What's strange is they have actually given her a timeline year though, and I thought the timeline years would mean something chronicle related.

2018-12-20 10:43:01

Since this topic is kind of revived I thought I would explain how to use exploration in Libra of Souls just in case no one has figured it out yet.

Firstly, there is not sure way of finding locations to travel to when looking for locations like there is in the normal mission menu.  Secondly, it is very important that you have a fair amount of gold before attempting to travel.  Even if your cursor lands on an area you can travel to, you will not be able to select it if you do not have the right amount of gold to get there.
So, essentially exploration comes down to exactly what anyone trying for the first time would think it comes down to.  You just move the cursor around while constantly pressing the X or A button (depending on the platform) until you hit something.  However, here are a few tips that will make this easier:
1) Don't move the cursor very far away from the starting point.  From what I can tell you have to travel through checkpoints, so the next place you can travel to will never be far from the starting point, so move the cursor in a spiral pattern around the starting point while constantly pressing the X or A button.
2) Don't hold down the directional buttons, rather press them rapidly in quick succession making the cursor move incrementally instead of making it fly over half the map in half a second.   Holding down a direction makes the cursor move too fast and you will miss the cue telling you that you are close to a place you can travel to.  Which brings me to the most important tip.
3) If you move the cursor in small increments and you get close to a city or area you can travel to the cursor will snap to that location once you press the A or X button.  It will sound as if you held down the directional button for a second when it does that speeding up the little movement sound the cursor makes for an instant when quickly traveling across the distance to the area you can travel to. Once this happens just stop pressing the D-pad and press the confirm button again and a prompt will pop up telling you the price of travel and whether there is a mission at the place you are traveling to.

Doing this can get frustrating especially if you don't keep an eye on your gold.  If your gold runs out you will not be able to travel anywhere making you search in vain, just making it seems as if there are no locations in the surrounding area you can travel to.  However, with enough gold it should not take you more than 5 minutes to find a place to travel to, and since this is the easiest way to get new equipment and food and I recommend you give it a try.  I spend far more time doing exploration missions than I spend doing story missions.
If you need an idea of what it costs to travel like this, a place close by can cost anywhere between 200 and 400 whereas a place far away can cost well over 2000.  I suggest having at least 1000 gold before attempting this the first time so that you will definitely be able to find a place close by.  You will eventually get a feel for how far away to expect places to be from the starting point.

Hope this actually helps someone.

2019-08-10 21:07:34

Bringing this topic back.. anyone have some sort of a menu guide for this game? I just pulled it out again after a few months off and don't remember where anything is. Also think I messed up my controls along the way. lol

2019-08-10 21:09:44

A menu guide for this would be nice.

2019-08-10 21:57:54

here, let me know if there is anything specific you need.  I'll try help. 

alright.  main menu after the first narration is as follows:
MISSION: Libra of soul
STORY: soul Chronicle
CREATION
BATTLE
NETWORK
MUSEUM
OPTIONS
STORE
EXIT
battle menu: 
ARCADE
VERSUS,
TRAINING
options menu:
OPTIONS
ng
Battle Camera Settings
Sound Setings
IP Controller Settings
2P Controller Settings
Player 1 Keyboard Settings
Player 2 Keyboard Settings
Stage Music Settings
Graphics Settings
Network Settings
Display Copyright Info
sound settings:
Sound Settings
Music Volume
SFX Volume
Character Voice Volume
Narration Voiceover Volume
Switch Languages

2019-08-10 22:01:47

on another topic, anybody watch any evo for this past year?  the soulcalibur tournament is fantastic from what I've seen so far.

2019-08-10 22:29:24

@196, thank you!.

2019-08-11 00:43:23

Evo is only one weekend in the year. And yes, the soulcalibur tournament was very good. What is NG in options... that isn't entirely clear. What exactly does stage music settings mean... and how does one restore default controls?

2019-08-11 17:24:22

Anyone? lol