2018-10-27 00:37:37

Well, not sure if this is a world first, but after researching blind accessible tuners, I couldn't come up with much of anything except talking tuner for iOS, so I wanted to say if this is a first, then sweet deal.

We have taken GTune, a free VST chromatic tuner, and made it accessible using SIBIAC.    You can change the reference tuning frequency, and determine just how tuned your instrument is.

In this video, I am using my 7 string to demonstrate the tuner.
https://youtu.be/mSzsJblVt-0

Download links are in description.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-27 14:23:32

Respect G Rad bud.
When I next get some free time and jump on my computer I will be downloading your new program looking forward to exploring all the new access we can use.
Thanks to you too gentlemen for making things accessible to the best of your ability it is much appreciated .

2018-10-27 20:49:09

Thanks, AZ is a great guy and he does this out of the kindness of his heart.  I'm glad I met him when I did. 

We're wanting to branch out too. do more, find what else we could implement that others would want to use.

We are also considering doing something with Control Surfaces.   I mean when I ran Sonar, I had a PS4 controller controlling  the DAW like a control surface with speech, so this is very possible.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-28 14:53:04

wow, thanks, will keep an eye out for this, last times of the year are tough busy ones for us musicians. For me it is a world's first!

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-28 21:12:48

Indeed, which is why I wanted a tuner that I could call up on the fly.  Now, I, and anyone else that uses this, has one.   I like the fact it's direct signal, so no ambient bg noise.

We keep this up, SIBIAC will need it's own entry in the Reaper accessibility page, lol.

Seriously though, I have to give  credit to AZ for everything he has done for me, and everyone else.  SIBIAC was born because of my demands in the working studio environment, and being unable to  use the plugins I did have, he went out of his way to help me give birth to this concept of SIBIAC, and when I used my PS4 controller as a control surface in Sonar X3.    I would not be surprised we pull this off in Reaper as well.     Although having the keyboard made it easy to manipulate Reaper, having a control surface has it's advantages.   Additionally, we are unsure what other plugins to add to the list of  plugins we can control in SIBIAC, for we don't know what other  plugins blind people use, muchless, don't want to just go buying them  to see if we'd like to use them.  The idea could be tossed around to make Kontakt 6 accessible with SIBIAC for those who don't own the Komplete Kontroller, but that'd mean we'd both have to buy Kontakt.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-29 12:52:42 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-10-29 13:07:13)

I will pull up a list of what gets the most talked about, (I actually saw SIBIAC  being mentioned for a few days) and sure, I would add an entry or whatever you need done.
As for buying things.. I am sure some people have already bought a few, so its just getting testers ETC. with available time. I remember for one someone wasted their money in the air instruments software suite but that was because it was discounted and he got it as part of a purchase, then he terribly regretted it later.
One I would really appreciate, since it makes reality track building so much faster, especially for ethnic, hard to find, world music is something like this one (free)
or, may very well be this one (paid) since it can work directly with any audio you throw at it
I also saw lots of pitch correction plugs being mentioned, but reaTune does a nice job on mostly monophonic items like voices or woodwinds so by using either automation which is of course preferable over splitting and splitting items you can certainly get the job done. We are left without the intricate and sometimes astonishing powers of melodine, but nothing to worry about I wouldn't think. Thanks to cockos and their helpful staff, most stock reaper plugs for EQ or compression (essential mixing tools) just work a charm and some of the helpful js ones do too.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-29 14:00:22

SO, REA Tune is completely accessible, even manual pitch correction?

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-29 14:25:03 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-10-29 15:08:05)

well, no, not really. I have to admit that I use reaPitch and automation to lift or raise some notes, and that is my manual way of applying pitch correction. By the way, the article is done just couldn't resist, though finding and cataloguing is probably a bit hard since its been spread over many posts but I am getting there, so your feedback is appreciated. I will feature this in front page and in the useful resources one as well.
I wonder if there could be a way to increase screen resolutions, though mine is an older laptop from 2013 so it just goes up to 1366 × 768
maybe you could increase resolutions by using an external monitor, someone actually posted in this fr a way, a trick to have your screen totally black if you will, so this could probably do it?
though apparently Both AMD and NVIDIA have Virtual Super Resolution (or Dynamic Super Resolution) configurations now in the latest drivers. Catch 22! those panel controls are fully inaccessible.

2018-10-29 17:06:43

Well  as long as the plugin fits on the window and the screen magnification or text size is at default, it should be fine.  I tested on some different resolutions and it seemed to work alright with most stuff, not sure about everything for I have not tried it.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-29 17:12:30 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-29 17:13:49)

One thing to note is Waves GTR3 is not being done by sibiac.  preset selection and  parameter controls are done within Reaper  if loaded as a vst3.  SIBIAC is not doing anything to aid GTR 3.

Additional tasks are preset selection in Absynth 5, and Guitar Rig 5, and the ability to bring up the program selection in Cakewalk Dimension Pro, and preset browser usage with Addictive Keys.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-30 14:10:52

ah, OK. So The Waves GTR3 video will be moved to its relevant section, sorry, got confused among several posts. And I will add this supplementary information under a new heading then

2018-10-30 18:20:30

UltraLeetJ wrote:

We are left without the intricate and sometimes astonishing powers of melodyne

Sibiac test overlay for Melodyne is working fine on my computer wink

Sure, it gives no full power of Melodyne. But pitch/formant/amplitude correction for separate tones is working. Global pitch correction also. Melodyne support many operations with shortcuts.

2018-10-30 21:21:01 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-10-30 21:23:05)

oh wow! gosh
well, then its a matter of time before reaper comes in will full ara support which will probably not be that long.
could you give more info on test overlays? how can we or what else could we do to make this project grow?

2018-10-30 21:56:50

During tests on Gerad's computer I have notices that I have forgotten export dialog. So the tuning works in Melodyne standalone studio, but results can not be saved in accessible way. Also installing Melodyne demo is not completely accessible. I am going to fix that next days, before I release the overlay into public. Celemony has 30 days test period for Studio, so everyone will be able to test how good/bad it works.

All my activity in that area is in http://www.azslow.com/index.php?board=11.0
Probably major problem is that I still have only one real beta tester, who is the only user of everything. More testers, comments, ideas can  produce better and more stable results.

How that works in practice is easy to check. Scott has reported 2 REAPER accessibility problems, I have found workarounds for both. One is solved with Sibiac, another with OSARA mod.

Also I am still waiting for the first person with Behringer XAir/X32 mixers to prepare reasonable AOSC preset. AOSC is accessible Windows only OSC client, at the moment delivered with RME Totalmix preset, but it supposed to work with any OSC destination. Current test version can work with Behringer, but there is no users and so no preset.

REAPER's developers claim the next release will be ARA enabled. All beta version already have it. Unfortunately, the last time I have checked there was significant limitation. That is why I have started with standalone. I have started today, and we have already tested the first beta. I mean things are progressing fast when I have free time.

2018-10-30 22:28:31

azslow3 wrote:

More testers, comments, ideas can  produce better and more stable results.

I think that should not be a problem, see below.

azslow3 wrote:

Scott has reported 2 REAPER accessibility problems, I have found workarounds for both. One is solved with Sibiac, another with OSARA mod.

Yes, scot actually posted in the bigger places where reaper accessibility is discussed. The group at groups.io, and the whatsapp group. We have been discussing on the list a way for you to contribute to the project, (re: osara mod) using git, which would just facilitate everything as we would not want fragmented places, it makes it harder to find information, plus there everyone can consolidate your changes and credit you accordingly for them too.

2018-10-31 00:17:54

Where can I find  these places so I can become part of the conversation and discussions?

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-31 04:40:41

all contact info is here

2018-10-31 09:18:33

UltraLeetJ wrote:

We have been discussing on the list a way for you to contribute to the project, (re: osara mod) using git, which would just facilitate everything as we would not want fragmented places, it makes it harder to find information, plus there everyone can consolidate your changes and credit you accordingly for them too.

I am not sure what you mean. The mod is a fork on GitHub.

2018-10-31 13:13:39

azslow3 wrote:

The mod is a fork on GitHub.

well, the developer just asked this

2018-10-31 15:42:04

I can make pull request. The mod is in fact tiny, more to check that I can re-compile OSARA on my own.

I am planning one significant mod. At the moment OSARA works with fixed actions only. In case something is changed other way, f.e. using control surface, there is no corresponding feedback. I want to make a mod which changes that. So focusing tracks and changing at least some parameters (mute, solo, arm, volume, pan) using MIDI controllers also produce the same feedback as from keyboard operations.

2018-11-01 13:30:21

About a native instruments licence I am sure that you can share your licences with a couple people not sure what the limit is you would have to look it up save yourself a lot of money.

2018-11-02 15:33:58

@21 I am totally unsure of what do you mean, and careful since this is again, encouraging cracking
if you want free high quality instruments, look them up, no excuse. Plus kontakt does work in demo mode, its just a time trial per use of instrument but if you really wanted you can have many of these instruments, for free you would just ahve to restart your DAW every 15 minutes.

azslow3 wrote:

The mod is in fact tiny, more to check that I can re-compile OSARA on my own.

ah, I understand... you have something big going for osara then, which is awesome. I am not sure if that has been made an issue on osara's original git page, it might probably be already listed as one. But thanks so so much again for everything you are doing.

2018-11-02 15:37:09

I start to wonder if I hadn't have lost my vision, where would we all be now?    I think me losing my vision has helped so many blind musicians in ways even I never realized until I read some of this...

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-04 12:35:57

When I am referring to sharing the licence I am referring to sharing a fully purchased licence.

Basically you are legally allowed to place the expensive software on a limited amount of devices.  I have had this mostly being implemented with production teams and up-and-coming producers and artists.
If it legally states that you can put it’s on a limited amount of devices I have no problems with two or three friends putting the funds together to enable them to purchase these expensive pieces of software and equipment.

2018-11-04 12:56:20

G. Rad  you where a key parts of me getting back in to music production.
Running across your video prove to me that it was still possible to do music production even when you think it is in possible.
And just like that I was like a dog with a bone on the hunts for answers.  And after a uphill battle I arrived to my destination with a big shiny door saying Reaper.
That was at the beginning of the year and I have been learning and teaching myself to use my new surroundings and tools to Skeep the landscape I desire .
I don’t think I have scratched the surface with my production at this moment. But so far reviews and comments are that it is crazy and I have been doing this for a while when it has only been months.

Hopefully one day when I am ready I will put myself out there on YouTube and showcase just like yourself that it is still possible to do music production no matter what genre you  desire to compose.

Thanks once again and keep up the good work.

And hopefully one day on YouTube they will be a big collective of blind music producers and composers on the front page trending .