2018-10-29 00:56:20

basically what the topic says. If I use the select a forum combo box, which I have always used o switch forums, it does the autoswitch and gives me a 404, saying viewforum.php could not be found on this server. I know it indeed works because if I click through manually from the mass of links at the top I can view forums. Also something seems to have changed with the way post headings are displayed, making it say #xxx visited link permalink to this post name, which personally is a bit annoying to me.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-10-29 01:09:27

I can confirm the combo box is not working, it makes  skipping between forum rooms slightly less convenient so I hope it gets fixed soon.

I'm not getting the extra "link" business, but then again I have NvdA set to give minimal page information precisely for this reason so I probably wouldn't notice  that type of thing changed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-29 01:27:42

For me it kept redirecting me to testforum.audiogames.net. I've also noticed that certain elements of the site are displayed differently; i.e. the powered by thing now says PanBB, and the posts now have pound signs next to each.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-29 04:47:55

Yeah, I've been noticing similar element changes. As for the combo box, I don't use it all that much, so no idea.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-10-29 04:58:02

PanBB sounds like a forum software from the DragonBall universe.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-10-29 05:18:37

Rofl. I wonder if there's some kind of malicious program defacing the site?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-29 05:23:42

The way I get around that is to replace a pronunciation string for the following phrase:
"link  Permanent link to this post"
Two spaces are important, so just paste the whole thing in without the quotes. In the replacement field, just put a space. This will make it not say a thing when it encounters that phrase, and I highly doubt you will see that phrase anywhere else so no need to worry there.

2018-10-29 05:32:27

Well, they did say that they did update to the new PHP version. It surprises me that's it's made some odd changes, but I guess it's nothing too major. Probably not intentional, though.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-10-29 11:54:19

I don't think this is intentional but now, you guys have given me a heads up that I was rubbish at testing, oops. I forgot to test the combo box of all things.

2018-10-30 15:30:32

Hi, for some reason the combobox refers to testforum.audiogames.net which was the test environment I set up for testing with the new PHP version. Will try to fix it asap.

2018-10-30 15:32:59

Fixed. I also enabled 'fancy' URLs.

2018-10-30 18:12:20

What are fancy URLs?

2018-11-03 15:15:11

I've also seen it say visited link  permanent link to this post, so maybe I can design a regexp for it.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-11-03 15:48:51

@7, I can't seem to get it to work at all. I tried designing a regexp, no go, this thing would also remove the #, then I tried just using your replacement and it still didn't work. Anything I'm missing here?

----------