2018-10-24 12:35:03

high @172 do you finish the game? if you do, send it to me by email. my email: [email protected]

2018-10-24 15:52:22 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-10-24 15:54:58)

@ masroor.rahmani !!!!
seriously, and in this post, again! you had been told a specific day, enough. You've been duly reported.
We as human beings have lives, people we want to talk to, jobs, families, things to do, you probably do not, but that does not make a difference; so please stop spamming the topic, that will do nothing, in fact, it will slow down the delivery of the game for every one of us, thank you.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-24 21:15:35 (edited by daisyalesoundworks 2018-10-26 19:16:11)

Hi @176, Yes I did. FINALLY hahah. It's only two levels right now. But it's kind of hard - you have to listen to what your guide says.

It's best if you can download it from here, because it helps my ratings. If you can't there's another link below this one. https://gamejolt.com/games/lostandhound/281570

Also, it may ask you to install DirectX and some other engine framework. I don't know how accessible that part is - that's an Unreal Engine issue, I can't control it at all.  But it's completely safe, I promise.

2018-10-26 19:17:55 (edited by daisyalesoundworks 2018-10-26 19:19:05)

Hey everyone, that last build I linked had an error in the menu system that stopped the tutorial from starting!

It’s been removed. The executable opens right up into the game now, until I work that menu bug out. Also you have to alt f4 out when you’re done, because this is a build for PAX. It has to be in an endless loop so when you press exit, it starts the tutorial over.

Fixing that bug soon!!

2018-10-26 19:48:43

high, @178 please upload it on google drive. when i click this link i can't see any thing. i can't find download link. thanks

2018-10-27 15:13:49

MODERATION:

@masroor.rahmani: please stop asking the same question over and over again about the release date of the game. If and when the game is ready it'll be announced. This is a warning. Please don't do this again. Thank you.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-10-27 15:50:24

@sebby i'm asking for download link of this game not releasing date.

2018-10-28 15:52:04 (edited by daisyalesoundworks 2018-10-28 15:52:32)

@182 The current build is broken. It doesn't work well - I'm sorry. I've just come back from PAX Aus and it was a super long and draining weekend, but tomorrow morning I'll get a build up. Thank you for sticking with me mate, just be patient with me a little longer smile

2018-10-29 11:25:54

Okay it took forever but here is the fixed version. Note: I'm struggling with the menu system to begin as keyboard focused. If you don't have a mouse or gamepad, I'll be uploading another version tonight that's fixed this bug, just wait. The game does not require a mouse or gamepad but the menu system seems to and I'm working on finding a way past that.

I'm also playing with the scent trail so that it's more directional. I would LOVE your notes.
The second link is a google drive link. If you can I'd prefer anyone download from the first link because it helps me with analytics and Gamejolt ratings.
All the controls are explained verbally but here they are just in case:
The direction buttons move - up is forward, down is backwards, etc.
F is sniff to sound a sonar ping off at the beginning of the level - this is for if you lose the trail.
Z is mark the spot - if you don't want to lose your progress in the level, you can mark a spot so it sets the sonar ping for G to sound off right there. Every time you press Z it will re-mark it!
G is sniff to the location you marked.
E is bark, to get your trainer's attention.

Avoid WASD to move. It works but it does NOT move the camera - the sound scheme is tied to camera direction. The arrow keys keep the camera locked forward at all times.
https://gamejolt.com/games/lostandhound/281570

Google drive link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Mrcs4 … sp=sharing

2018-10-29 11:45:01

Awesome to see this is back in development.

2018-10-29 15:20:18

high daisyalesoundworks. i finally downloaded the game. but when i run the game i see the this error: the ue4 my project2 game has crashed and wil close.
what should i do with this error? please help me

2018-10-29 16:24:09

Does it give you any error codes?
I have had a few people unable to run it, it may be because the game is fully visual and requires more resources than most audio games.

If there’s any further information you can give me about the crash that would be great.

2018-10-29 18:24:46

high, @daisyalesoundworks it's not an koad eror. when i run the game i see this error: the uei4 my project2 game has crashed the game wil close. please help me what should i do?

2018-10-30 08:36:42

I'm looking into it now, @masroor.rahmani. It seems it's not uncommon; it happens to a decent amount of people.

It could be one of two things, and a combination of both.

1. I still need to do more optimisation of the game so it takes less system resources.
2. Your computer might not be able to run the game. Do you have any games that came out in the last 5 years or so that are mainstream? Audiogames are very light on resources, whereas this game and other recent games require a lot of resources.

I'm looking up lots of solutions now but if it's the second problem there won't be much I can do. Thanks for your enthusiasm for the project and I'll keep you up to date, give me some time to research and tinker.

2018-10-30 10:40:24

high @189 yes and i can run those games.

2018-10-30 15:07:04

Hi.
I have a problem with the tutorial.
I am going towards the trail but nothink happens.
I am trying to follow trail sounds but nothink happens.
I dont have ny idea what I should do to beat this

2018-10-30 17:19:21

@191 Do you hear footsteps? There are some area restrictions in the tutorial. Can you keep following the trail to the end? If you follow it to the end, the guy should say he's going to do something else that requires a different mechanic.

You have to follow the trail for about 20 seconds minimum. If you're doing this, I'll look into what's going on some more.

2019-08-16 02:15:38

Hi everyone, exciting announcement: I've been quiet for a while because I've been doing things to expand the game and prepare for it's eventual launch.

One of those things is to secure funding: I have been awarded a grant, one of five dev teams each allocated a piece of $100,000 by Screenwest, a film and television advocacy organisation here in Western Australia.

Another is seeking publishing and/or a marketing firm.

I'm going to get back to developing the game soon, but in the mean time if you'd like to test out the latest demo, here it is. The snow level is still not done so explore at your own risk, but the first level is polished and there's an additional mini-level.

I've been trying to test out the game on people's differing computer setups, and recently I've been told that for at least one person, the game opens and then is silent. No menu, no campfire sound, no running water which you're supposed to hear in the menu.

Can you all give me feedback as to what happens when you open it? When you download it, you have to drag all the contents into the same folder and open the executable, which I think is called "WindowsNoEditor."

Let me know what you think. Also I've added a controls narration: hold in TAB once all the intro dialogue is done, and the controls will be narrated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dflwhlyi9pu6t … d.zip?dl=1

2019-08-16 20:05:21 (edited by gamecreator 2019-08-16 20:32:37)

Hello! I don't know if this has been asked before, but... I seem to be stuck in finding the hidden soxs. Nomatter i keep sniffing, i hear the sound at the same volume and panning, but wichever direction i go nothing happens. I think i'm missing something, but i just cant progress. I'll keep trying though, this game seems very interesting and i like the concept, so keep it up!

Edit: Well i found them and i think i advanced at the next level. But now i'm literally stuck! i just cant move big_smile i think i messed up something lol

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2019-08-16 22:25:10 (edited by defender 2019-09-01 16:15:28)

Good news about the funding!
I launch the game and after a second or two the sounds start playing.  I hear the fire, the stream and the wind, but the fire loop stops after maybe 10 seconds, and the menu does lag intermittently when moving up and down.

I'm running Windows 7 X64 with all updates current via bootcamp on a Macbook Pro early 2013 with an I7 third generation quad core, 16GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a 512GB SATA III SSD, an NVidia 650M GPU with 2GB of DDR3 VRAM, and a Cirrus CS4206B (AB-40) soundcard.

2019-08-17 22:21:46

Hi when trying to launch the game I get this error.

UE4Game-Win32-Shipping.exe - System ErrorUE4Game-Win32-Shipping.exe - System Error
The program can't start because XAPOFX1_5.dll is missing from your graphic 475  computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-09-01 08:31:12

@194 I've had mixed messages about the sock part - I'm told that some people are really getting stuck there and some people are having no problem at all. I'll need to do some more testing, can you elaborate on the problem? I'm glad you got it working. Did you get stuck in the socks portion, or in the next level after the woman came up to you and did her speech?

@195 Thanks! Very excited about the funding, I'm very fortunate!
Hmm. That is not something I can test myself, Windows 7 via Mac running bootcamp. I'll contact some mates who run macs and see if they can reproduce the problem.

@196 Did you drag all of the contents of the zip out of the zip folder, and onto your machine, or did you only drag the executable out?
Also, in that same folder there's an Unreal Prerequisites installer. It's completely safe and lots of machines need to use it to install Fortnite as it's the same company. You could try that first. From what I'm reading, a lot of people have this problem - that file is missing. Some people think it's related to DirectX designating some files cannot be overwritten but try this link to see if you have the appropriate version of DirectX. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … aspx?id=35

Let me know if that works.

2019-09-06 19:06:29

I thought I did. I'll give it a shot thanks.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77