2018-10-25 11:07:36 (edited by florianionascu7 2018-10-25 12:24:17)

Hello to all audio game developers. I wanna thank you for the greatest audio games you are creating and you have created up to now, games that have made blind people happy for many years. I always apreciate your work, that's why I want to help those who want their games to be accessible for a large audio games community. Some of you wish your games to be translated into other languages, right? Well, I can do that for you. For a small amount of 10 USD per translation, I am willing to translate your games from English to Romanian and vice versa.
Note 1: If your game translation file has less than 500 strings, the price will be 5 USD.
Note 2: Besides the American Dollar (USD), I also accept the Unique European Currency (Euro) and the Romanian Leu (RON). So, the prices will be listed below for all of these three currencies:
- for USD: $5 for a game translation files that has less than 500 strings and $10 for one that has more than 500 strings;
- for Euro: €5 for a game translation files that has less than 500 strings and €10 for one that has more than 500 strings;
- for RON: 10 RON for a game translation files that has less than 500 strings and 30 RON for one that has more than 500 strings.
Note 3: I know how to work wit po and lng files.
I am happy to collaborate with you. We can get in touch via the PM system of this forum and via other contact ways available on my profile. If you have queries, please post them in this topic.
Best regards,
Florian

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.

2018-10-25 11:52:27

hell, for a translation less than 500 strings 5 usd? no, if i'd be a game dev i'd recrute another translation. The price is stupidly large in my opinion.

2018-10-25 12:04:57

SkyLord wrote:

hell, for a translation less than 500 strings 5 usd? no, if i'd be a game dev i'd recrute another translation. The price is stupidly large in my opinion.

Then, what would be a reasonable price for that in your opinion?

2018-10-25 12:49:42

Hello folks. Florianionascu7, honestly it is not that expensive if you ask me. But the vast majority of audiogames around here is composed of free or donation based projects and that could surely discourage developers from wanting to pay to have their games translated. Maybe you want to contact the few developers that managed to create payed games and make an offer.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-10-25 12:55:50

Thanks for the advice, Haramir. I'll do so, but I still want to wait for other opinions/answers.

2018-10-25 15:50:58

The price is not high at all, proffessional translators charge around 0.07 eur to 0.11 eur per word but I am talking here about translators who have an idea about what localization means and have studied traductology. I know what I am talking about because I'm taking a master's degree in translation and terminology. Of course, if you need a rough and not so accurate translation it's okay but as a developer who has commercial games I wouldn't use such translation. The games industry is a large specialized domain with it's own internationalized terms but audio games are an entire matter differently, there are some terms that are hard to translate in other languages so the first step would be building of glossaries and finding the term closest to the meaning of the original word.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-10-25 23:41:32

Well, he speaks Romanian and English and those were the languages he offered to translate, so no issue there.
Also that's not bad honestly. If I made a game, and there were enough Romanian players that I felt my game could bennefit greatly by having them play it, I'd fork over the $5 or 10. I mean shit. To have someone translate several hundred or thousand strings for me for the price of a coffee or a fast food meal? I'm down...

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-10-26 07:58:39

I speak also Italian, so I am able to translate into this language.

2018-10-26 14:16:55

Italian is my native language, so I guess I would be able to do that as well.

Paul

2018-10-28 03:59:59

Considering a community that uses the same 30 sounds per game, rips off expensive sound libraries, and generally is upset when a game is over $0.99, I wish you luck.

For the other, smaller subset of the community, I don't think we'd quibble over five bucks for a small translation, ten for a larger one....good deal.

2018-10-28 07:42:25

At first I thought you meant $10.00 per string... and I thought that was outrageous. @6, do keep in mind that professional programmers who can pay that kind of money are usually employed and get paid a very large salary, and that is most definitely not the case here. If this were $10.00 per string, or per word, I'd be outraged (if you've got a game that has over a thousand strings,we're talking between, oh, $10000.00 to well over a million dollars). But if its for the entire translation... yep, pretty good deal.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-28 10:30:47

Oh, I didn't talk about 10 USD per string or per word, I talked about 10 USD for games with over 500 string and 5 USD for games with more than 500 strings. We are talking about audio games translations, I can't ask someone to pay me so expensively.

2018-10-28 19:53:08

@12, I know. Pretty damn good deal, I'd say!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-31 10:56:26

I don't see a problem offering translation services for money. After all this does take time, and time is money. However as stated in an earlier post, a lot of games are free so now a developer is losing money on a free product. That being said though. I'd like to see more people doing translations where possible.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-10-31 12:35:57

Liam wrote:

I don't see a problem offering translation services for money. After all this does take time, and time is money. However as stated in an earlier post, a lot of games are free so now a developer is losing money on a free product. That being said though. I'd like to see more people doing translations where possible.

I would be happy to translate games into danish. I don't see an issue in getting payed to translate games. It's nice that some people wanna do it for free, but you can't expect everything to be free. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-10-31 12:50:30

That's a very good step, good luck my friend. And hey, 5 dollars isn't a high price for a translation work imo.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P