2018-10-26 06:57:29

@Dragomier,
1. No.
2. If I'm thinking of the same door, that should unlock when you complete some quests for Captain Lucian.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-10-26 08:30:59

The armory door itself yes. But if you head north through it you’ll find another locked door there.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-26 08:55:24

Huh. You learn something new every day. I had no idea that door existed. There doesn't appear to be a way to open it, unfortunately. I even went through the other side, and there's a fence blocking the door on that side. I don't think there's anything new there, though. It's probably just a back door.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-11-03 20:30:43

Haven't posted to this  topic in a while, thanks for the advice about ranged attacks--one of my more obvious mistakes.

What is the difference between easy and hard/normal mode? I'm playing in normal mode and have no idea why it's any different from easy mode.
And a question with spoiler implications: any tips for finding the dungeon in the goblin king's palace? I'm finding I'm not good with mazes.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-12-26 16:06:56

Greetings Joseph et al.

It's been some time since we've had some kind of status report from Out Of Sight. Is there any chance we can get a word about any goals, changes thereof, or other significant events regarding the continuing development of AHC? I know there are still a few step goals in the life of AHC, including the integration of graphics, but we haven't heard anything about the development status for a while, and I think curiosity might end up killing the hydra.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2018-12-30 03:39:37

Hi Joseph and the team:

I've been playing A Hero's Call for quite a while now. This is truly a great game in  my  opinion, and even though I've beaten the game several times already I still go back to play again a day or two later. Do you have any plans to add any new content to the game? Some of the locations I've discovered after several playthroughs beg for their own quests (hint, vampire den)..

I have a question, though. Is there such a thing as a combat speed that is too high? I started a game at level fifty or so, and faced with dragons I upped my combat speed till the whole party was at 35 percent combat speed. Problem was, no enemies or MPCs could keep up. So what would be the ideal speed to deal with dragons while still giving them a turn to fight back?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-12-30 03:43:10

I think if there were anything new to report Joseph would have reported it by now.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-12-30 06:22:24

Haven't seen Joseph on this forum for quite awhile now.

2018-12-31 05:44:40 (edited by defender 2018-12-31 05:50:37)

Nods, getting a bit worried my self. I have allot of bug reports piling up and I was really hoping for at least some graphics by now... If not for me than for the people who were really excited for them.
I thought we were getting back into the swing of things, at least at a more manageable pace than before, after the 1.3.X update series came out.
I hope it's just something bigger in the works, or a planned coding break or something, but I didn't hear anything about that.

2018-12-31 08:42:42

I want to try this game, but I don't want to pay for something I may not like. Not having a demo is a real disadvantage here. If I buy it and don't enjoy, that's wasted money on my part. It may be good for the developer, but for me, it's a lose-lose

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-12-31 21:02:48 (edited by defender 2019-01-01 16:00:21)

Listen to the beginning parts of some letsplays from Liam or PG13 or watch the demo videos on outofsight's youtube channel, then.
Their is also a review in the articles room, and I think one on Blind Bargains as well.
But yeah agreed, a demo would have been kinda nice.

2019-01-01 05:17:13

Blind Bargains? Don't mention that place to me! I don't believe in encouraging scams!

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-01-01 15:53:58 (edited by defender 2019-01-01 16:01:04)

Blind Bargains
Blind Bargains
Blind Bargains
Blind Bargains
Blind Bargains!

So anyway, about the topic at hand...

2019-01-11 15:39:22

hi,
Could the ghouls and goblins be made to appear at higher levels? My characters are almost 80 and I can't see any enemies in the mines or graveyard except golems, dragons, arch necromages. Because of my level I haven't seen any ghouls.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-01-11 16:51:30

@#1885, I completely agree that a demo would probably be a great idea. I almost never buy a game myself without having played a demo first, the only reason I gave AHC a go was I came across Liam's Youtube videos of the game.

AKA president731

2019-01-11 19:40:41

no goblins at level 80? Didn't know that ...

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-01-12 04:07:13

Hey all, I want to know any hint for dealing with dragons? I am on level 44 now and still struggle when it comes with dragon.

2019-01-12 07:18:53

Precise shot tends to get through their armor, and if you can paralyse or freeze them that helps allot too.
And of course any elemental protection you can wear helps, those rings especially. If you can't get enough general elemental protection, try just using resistant equipment based on the type of dragon found in the area, for instance fire resistant for dragon's in the forest.

2019-01-12 08:38:23

hi,
Also breath of death and choking darkness is enough to take them out. I have a demonstration recording if anyone wants it.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-01-13 07:44:00

It helps to raise your combat speed as well, using specialized equipment such as armor and rings. Be careful though--there is such a thing as too fast. I find that a combat speed of about 30 gets the job done while still allowing for proper game play. At this combat speed I can take on three dragons at once, provided most of my party is in good health to start with.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-01-14 19:05:16

One fun thing if you can handle the combo, use stealth, then berserk, then volley. That does high damage.

2019-01-15 00:34:39

Man I wish this game had a speed cap because especially with this new equipment, Simeon can be so overpowerd it's absurd.

2019-01-15 20:07:27

what new equipment?

2019-01-15 20:56:41

some new armor was added in 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 I forget.

2019-01-29 20:07:07

Hi all.
When i tryed to launch a heroes call, i get this error:
---------------------------

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.PlatformNotSupportedException: MonoGame requires either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object.Try updating your graphics drivers.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, GraphicsProfile graphicsProfile, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.BeforeInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)

at Ian.MGGameWindow.Ian.IGameWindow.Run()

at Ian.RPGStartup.RunMainLogic() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 114

at Ian.RPGStartup.PerformStandardStartup() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 21
ОК   
windows 7 32 bit.
What should i do to fix it?