2018-10-21 14:31:59

Hi, so I don't know much about the quest program but it seems a bit complicated because the buttons in the program are unlabeled and itv doesn't tell you what box you are in. So, I'm going to try and use the online editor. You can find the quest program at http://www.textadventures.co.uk I'm looking for someone who is good at coading, so I can learn and get the game up and running.

Thanks all. If This post needs to be moved, please let me know.

Thanks again.

2018-10-21 20:04:07

Yes, that's the main problem of the Quest editor. However, if you know the Adventure Scripting Language (ASL) well enough, you can use notepad or whatever to write your game. The online editor is a pain in the ass, from what I've heard.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-10-21 22:09:11

I don't know asl at all wear can I learn about it?

2018-10-22 18:48:30

You can learn ASL by by reading the manuals. Also you might want to talk on the fporum at www.textadventures.co.uk

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-10-22 18:52:10

Hi, I'm trying to find the  codes I'd need to learn. Will it help me make an audiogame or just storybooks. I'm wanting to make a game with a world to explore. Thanks again.

2018-10-22 22:53:55

It will help you make Interactive Fiction, but not audiogames. Quest is basically Inform 7 but worse, IMHO. If you want to make an audiogame, I'd suggest Python, or anything but BGT.

#FreeTheCheese