downs
three different types of punch
2d audio
9 different and unique attack sounds!
and a lot of fun!
link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=442 … 7176919341

2018-10-21 06:19:40

A punch sounds good, but what about a Hawaiian Punch? big_smile Seriously though, downloading it now.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-10-21 06:39:33

How to play this game, please? No readme, no help. If a game is being released people have to know how to play it.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-10-21 07:55:17

yes, it's a little hard to play without knowing ... well, how to play.

2018-10-21 09:28:54

oops! meant to put a key guide here.g: jab. a: left hook. l: right hook. e, check health of you. r, check health of opponent. you can now find the game at rorygames.jc-hosting.me,. took long enough but I finally got it to work, the original index is still there but you can see a new thing underneath.

2018-10-21 21:42:57

strangely, if I play and don't press anything I still keep knocking the aponent down. just managed to get him down 5 times in a row without touching the keyboard before he knocked me out.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-21 22:08:46

6. The opponent is probably too frightened of you to stand up straight. Lol.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-10-21 22:23:49

nah I payed him to take a dive.

2018-10-22 07:24:14

no it has to say your enemy went down for the enemy to go down, he, refers to you. I will make a better documentation for this thing. Also, I'm adding a level system and combos, also online functions, where I every day select a random enemy's name and a level for that enemy, and sometimes possibly even a gift, if I'm feeling nice. this all happens on  the rorygames server by the way, speeking of which, check out my flashy new website! I deleted the homepage of subdomain thing and a few other things, then added a ton more stuff. enjoy!

2018-10-22 07:28:01

actually hope you do something interesting with this. could be fun.

2018-10-22 08:07:34

@10, an update is coming soon, adding combos, a leveling system to make stuff a little less beastmode, and online functionality! this means that I can select a gift of some levels, and you can also get a random enemy from online, there are 3 selected on mondays, tuesdays, fridays, saturdays, and sundays, but not wednesday or thursday. There is also a server message feature being added.

2018-10-22 14:33:40

sorry if i ask but you kinda forgot to upload undeath strike to your site

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2018-10-23 10:08:51

I demand a boxing bell, that is all.

2018-10-23 17:03:01

hmm, hmm, hmm. Sounds like a game with more bells and whistles than thought-out mechanics, though I am guessing you are rather young and practice projects are always nice.
Btw that that motto is Nathan Smith's motto, which he probably stole from somewhere else, because it does sound like a very typical punchline.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-10-23 18:06:37

oh please can someone give me downloadeble link? this link can't accept idm.

Yours kindly

2018-10-23 19:09:13

@rory, you realize there's a hell of a lot more to boxing then just jab, left hook and right hook? there's:
footwork
body movement
crosses, uppercuts
blocks

in MMA, there's also elbows, kicks, knees, grappling, but this is only a boxing game so that's something different.
hmm, i should make an MMA game.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-10-25 02:50:47

Hi rory.

I used the link in the first post and gave this a quick try.
I do like the punch sounds and you've obviously thought about where the keys could go to make the game challenging and I applaud your thoughts on where to take the game in the future with combos, online opponents etc, however I'm afraid I am a little unsure of how the game works currently.

At the moment it basically seems that the enemy can punch you without reason, you cannot block, avoid, counterpunch etc. Whether you win or not seems to depend entirely upon your skills at button mashing. Unless I am missing something about how the game works, which is entirely possible since it is late at night, I have a really bad cold and I have only played it a couple of times big_smile.

Perhaps you could consider adding in some ways to make the game a little more of a challenge? For example, giving you ways to block your opponent's blows, or change the distance between you thus making it more or less likely punches would land?

Look at the old Esp woopass game as one  example of a very symple boxing game, there you needed to wait for your opponent to throw a punch, block with the left or right shift, or space for  centre punch, then counter with a punch of your own from a different direction. One wrong block or wrong counter, and you lost.
It was a simple arcade game, but at the same time, quite challenging, especially when the punches got faster.

I'm not saying you should replicate woopass, only that you perhaps should consider, as Draconis did when they made woopass,  ways in which you can counter your opponent, decide when is best to attack, maximise your advantage and judge the situation, just as a real boxer would need to.

Lastly, on a practical level, I'm afraid that I wasn't able to check my opponent's health because inevitably if I hit r,  have to hit one of the punch keys just after and NVDA would stop speaking big_smile.

so, congrats on getting a new game out the door, I'll be interested to see where this one goes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-25 03:24:56

I am still dreaming someone will try to make a realistic boxing game similar to series like fightnight with real movement, body / punch controll etc. That would be just amazing!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-10-26 06:09:14

hello to all! well, I am actually adding combos, and after a while when  I get better is the block. online enemies are complete. levels are complete. menu is complete. combos are almost complete. also, if you cannot download it, then get it from:
http://www.rorygames.jc-hosting.me/roryboxing.zip
enjoy!

2018-10-26 06:16:18 (edited by SkyLord 2018-10-26 06:17:08)

c'mon c'mon c'mon rory, update this, i really want to try this combos and blah blah. Although the punch sounds are not of a good quality, but i can provide you some good ones. If you want, contact me by using audiogames mailer.

2018-10-26 07:54:04

thanks! I will be updating it very soon, but, there are a lot of bugs in the combo! d you think you could help me? I used stuff like punch1=left, punch2=left etc, and then if(punch1==left and punch2==left and punch3==right) and it doesn't work. sorry this is off topic but yeah, there is my problem.

2018-10-26 10:40:33

@21, im not versed in bgt, sorry.

2018-10-26 11:28:56

@dark, try hitting nvda shift s to put nvda in sleep mode. That should fix your issue with the speech interupting. @rory, others already said what my thaughts are, so i’ll just keep quiet and hope something good comes of this.

2018-10-27 23:09:15

ok guys, here is the latest news.
sorry people, I know you wanted combos, but it ain't happening yet. however, I am going to be working on a blocking system!

2018-10-28 00:16:13

ok, I think yall gonna love this. released a new update!
new deatures in version 1.25:
blocking!
press z, b, and m to block punches from the left middle and right respectively, then counter with your own attack before the enemy can make another.
online level system complete!
motd system complete!
menu complete!
level system complete!