2018-10-10 23:41:26

Hi everyone who's played through A Hero's Call:

This might seem like a silly question, but where do I find the last goblin chief who has the key to the last gate to the great bridge? I seem to have looked everywhere, meanwhile destroying  elder golems and  stone dragons to pass the time.Is there some audible cue to the location? I found the second encampment by homing in on the sound of echoing wind. Any help would be appreciated, as I really look forward to completing one of the  three main quests and the side quest connected with it.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-10-15 14:28:12

Potential spoiler!

Follow the subterranean road. There's only 1 camp near the bridge and the castle gate. The others are the other way along the road.

2018-10-15 14:30:55

I wish I could play this game. A friend of mine bought it for me before he died because he really wanted me to play it. I just can't for the life of me get the navigation figured out. I spend more time getting lost and listening for the stupid bleeps that represents doors than actually getting stuff done. If they would come up with a module that you could install to put walls and other cues in place like most games such as VG storm games, I'd definitely play.

2018-10-15 16:42:05

Thanks. I did find it, eventually. I've reached a high enough level that goblins of any stripe aren't much of a challenge. But finding hidden entrances is still a chore. Is there some audio cue for, say, the secret entrance in the already secret outpost? Or, where do I go looking for the three runestones that power the magical barrier in the graveyard? Or, where do I go looking for evidence of treachery against the goblin king? All of this has me stumped. I know not everyone wants a walkthrough, but I guess I'm one of those who needs things pointed out.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-10-15 16:46:16

Oh, the above post on navigation ... the navigation sounds take some getting used to, I'll admit, but play for long  enoughand it'll come to you eventually.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-10-17 02:19:37

LOL I spent over an hour just trying to get around to the damn tavern.

2018-10-17 04:47:17

Uh, you're overleveled, yet cannot find a bunch of stuff that just requires exploring around a bit.  the runestones aren't that hard to find, just look around the mausoleums a bit.  One of them has an obvious puzzle to bump into that requires a bit of searching, the other has it in a back room of the building, and the last is on the right side of the building after the large undead miniboss squad.  Out of all the areas, the graveyard is the easiest to navigate and to find the runestone/quest objectives for.  It just takes a bit of looking and investigating clues for the puzzle on the gravestones. 

Also it woudln't be a secret outpost if it had an obvious beacon.   You'll stumble into it if you explore the extra forest path on the north end of the ancient woods.  If you need a hint, it's near a lake.   

Also there's audio queues for doors with beeps.  So for any obstructions along a pathway.  HOnestly I just found the annoying beeps and noise in VG games a bit annoying, and the only queues you need is whenever a turn can be made.  I dont' need to be constantly reminded i"m walking against a wall.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-10-17 17:43:41

Thanks for the tip on the runestones. I've been to the outpost and completed the side quest associated with it. As for navigation, I'll admit there are some placesI havent gotten to yet, for example the last bandit ambush site--I found the grassy knoll, the windy bluff, the rocky outcropping and the high ridge,but cant find the last one. And I still haven't found the gate to Nigel's. When in doubt, use the beacons. And don't forget to collect the guidebooks fro the lord's study first chance you get.

Guy Gavriel Kay