2018-06-24 20:45:07

it's down for a moment

2018-06-24 21:08:48

Wait, isn't the address: cosmicrage.nathantech.net?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2018-06-25 01:10:19

Not anymore: Address is: cosmicrage.earth port 7777.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-06-30 11:53:13

Have you heard?
Cosmic Rage is due to turn 2 on July 1st, Sunday!
What, you might ask, are the hosts of the game doing about this fact?
I think perhaps a more interesting question is, what aren't we doing?
For truly on July 1st, the Cosmic Rage team are going to be pulling out all of the stocks to make sure this Sunday sparkles!
*a sale, there will be a massive 35 percent off on all donator items
*an out of character fun twist
*a Dante surprise!
*what's that coming over the hill, is it a new race? I think it's a new race!
*new activities!
*further roleplay enhancements
*big rewards if you're online at certain times
*and much, much more!

Cosmic Rage turning two is a big thing!
So don't miss out and make sure you come join us tomorrow, starting at 10:00 A.M cosmicrage.nathantech.net or cosmicrage.earth, port 7777.
We currently have a peak of 72.
Can you beat that?

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-07-10 16:06:08

at cosmic rage, we care about what people think, whether they are current, past, or future players, everyone is important to us. that is why Cosmic Rage is launching a new website review service allowing you to submit us a review about the game and its staff, either v or otherwise and tell us what you think of how we are doing things, and how we can improve. These reviews are done through the following link, and are discussed at host meetings, the next one of which is July 14th We really want to hear from you, so let us know what you think! http://nathantech.net/moo/review.php

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-07-11 05:36:13

Oh boy. Time to finish editing my 3 page review. No, I'm not kidding.

2018-07-18 00:35:31

A number of important announcements:
a very good evening to you, my fellow ragers of the Cosmic variety. As you are no doubt aware, the hosts are constantly striving to make cosmic Rage a fun and easy-to-play environment. One thing that was brought to our attention at the host meeting was that for new players, it is difficult for them to get stuck into the time line Unless you find a specific niche, it can sometimes be hard to know what to do to get noticed. One player went so far as to say, "If you're not military, you're nothing." I, and indeed, all of the hosts, resent that comment. We spoke at length over this issue at our host meeting and have come up with a few changes, the first of which has just been implemented. This is called the planetary citizenship scheme. This scheme was formed by seven planets who were willing, and able, to support pilots in space. This new system is invented in order to group players together with other like-minded and friendly individuals who are interested in playing the game. They offer a support structure for new and old players alike, giving them both a friend to turn to, and, of course, someone to asks questions to. More than that, these citizenships also offer the players a voice in the senate. As part of these citizenships the players get a channel called the origins channel where they can talk to other people who have registered to their planet. These channels are monitored by the hosts, and, when we hear you talking of a particular issue, we may endeavour to act upon it in order to further your roleplay experience. Planetary citizenship registration is manditory For more help on this new scheme, see help citizenship. A final note. citizenships are not alliances. cosmic Rage strives to be the singularly most unique space mud on the market and this is no different. Thank you, and, your feedback is welcome as always. Enjoy!

Friday, 13  July  2018 14:06 Lara Stardust: hello everyone! I hope you are all keeping safe especially considering what day, and date, it is today. Besides that however, I have an important announcement to make. As part of a realism factor Parias and myself have been tossing around for a few days, fires are now very real things in the game. So far, when a vehicle explodes, a grenade gets tossed into the area or a starship crashes, it produces a fire. These fires can last for anywhere between 1 and 30 hours. They have various sizes, and can be quite harmful if big enough. You can get rid of fires with extinguishers, though the larger fires will obviously take a lot more effort to put out. Fires will cloud a room with smoke, making it very difficult to see unless the smoke is dispelled. This is just one change we will be making to make combat more long lasting. Please let us know if there is something you think should create a fire that currently does not. thanks!
Friday, 13  July  2018 17:28 Lara Stardust: hello guys! I am pleased to say that we've changed up movement a bit. the messages for moving through exits have been vastly changed to give you a general direction of where things area. There are a few things to note about this system: 1. Some of the obscure exits are not covered, there are over 1500 possible combinations of exits you could take, and we've got as many as we could but there you have it. 2. The edited exit messages only work if you did not emote during your time in the room. this is because the exit messages assume that you did not move about, and in emotes, you can say things such as "crosses the room, picking up a cup" which then changes where you are in the room.  We hope you enjoy these new features, and as always, your feedback and suggestions are most welcome. Enjoy!
Friday, 13  July  2018 23:34 Lara Stardust: hello players. As part of a realism change to Cosmic Rage, we have made one or two changes to how escape pods work. The jump command is now gone, and instead the pods actually fly home using a tiny engine that is extremely fast. There  are a number of command changes too, as well as some convenience factor changes. To get the full knowledge of how the new escape pods work, type sHelp escape. I hope you like these new changes, and as always, feedback is welcome. enjoy!
Sunday, 15  July  2018 17:17 Your boy Dante: Hello folks, I will be working to re-vamp our boring televisions. You may notice televisions doing strange things over the next few days. Please ignore and do not report on this. If you would be so kind, please do not use televisions until i announce the new system is complete. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you for reading, Rage on, Rage on!
Sunday, 15  July  2018 20:21 Lara Stardust: hello players! As you may or may not be aware, the hosts recently held a meeting on Saturday, July 14th that due to the number of things being debated, went on for a massive 5 hours. The meeting was very well chaired by Parias and over all, in my opinion, was a great success. You will see the results of this meeting being implemented, changed, add or removed in the game over the next 24 to 48 hours. The meeting minutes should be with you guys by Tuesday. For now though, I have 3 important changes that affect you all personally: 1. The newbie helper team has been overhauled, with inactive members being removed. On the heals of that though a new newbie helper has been recruited. As it stands, your current newbie helpers are: Melody Lawson, James Donivan, Stormy White scale, Junior Chief Medic Liliya and Jitel Gold scale. 2. An addition to the HTPL team has been made, we welcomed Julia Sonders onto the HTPL team and encourage players to take any and all issues to any of the HTPL's Remember, by typing @hosts you can see which ones are available. 3. finally, after consideration, the following two hosts have retired from the hosting staff: Geoffrey O'Brien and Aenaela Thank you for reading, and remember to keep your eye out for things that are the result of a staff who actually care about their players. Because that's why we hold these meetings. For you. Keep raging!
Monday, 16  July  2018 01:28 Charley: Howdy Cosmic Ragers. Over the next week I will be going through the list of those of you who opted to talk to a host about your experiences and opinions about the game. If you know you opted in and are interested in talking to me sooner rather than later, go ahead and ask for an olink and I will do my best to get to you as soon as possible. Looking forward to talking to you all.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-07-30 08:07:57

hello
what happened for Cosmic Rage?
is there server down or what?
I can't connect it

2018-07-30 09:33:40

Hi there,
The server is not down at all.
Please connect using cosmicrage.earth, as the cosmicrage.nathantech.net address is under maintenance

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-07-30 10:27:20

hello,
i want to try this,  i'm using vipmud and when i connect i enter number 2 to create my character. but after a minute or so,  the commands i enter don't work. this problem happend to  a few other muds too. i also used mush z to connect    but same

2018-07-30 12:06:06

@560
ok thanks it work now

2018-10-09 07:42:39

Hi.
Have you looked in the help? I would be surprised if you don't find the information there.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-10-09 09:28:00

Firstly you have to own an informational computer, so you'd need to buy one from the communications store which, are practically found everywhere.
Once that's done, I agree with SLJ. Read the help file you're interested in, such as, ahelp volcano harvesting.
Remember CR has a slightly different way of interacting with their help files so if its an activity you're interested in, before the word help, you'll need to add the letter A. As in, ahelp volcano harvesting. or, ahelp trash collecting.

If you're looking for where to find volcanos on a planet in CR, its best to use the on-board library in your info computer. I think option 5 in your computer is the library.
Once in the library section, you look for planets that have volcanos on them, or whichever info you're seaking.

I hope that helps some. If anyone wants to contact me in game, my name is, Rowhak ravon black designation. I'm still fairly new, but would happy to help a fellow player. Btw, I just leveled up over to 350, so I'm getting there.
smile

2018-10-14 09:33:24

Hi.
I have started to play Cosmic Rage again, and I like it. So many things has changed and happened since I played the mud long time ago.
There has been made a huge and awesome soundpack, which makes a big difference to the game in my opinion. Not that a soundpack is needed, but it makes a difference.
So, if you previously have played the game, then I'll highly recommend you to give it a try again. I'll also highly recommend you to give the game a try if you never have played it before. This game is not combat based, unlike many other muds out there.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-10-14 15:14:45

Hello,
About soundpacks, I do have one for mush client, but I don't know if it's the one you're talking about. It's pretty good for sure, but if there's a bigger one, I'm definitly curious about it. Also, is there an easy way to check for soundpack updates ?
Best regard,
Simon

2018-10-15 07:48:07

Hi.
The huge soundpack I'm talking about is made for Vip mud. there are multiple soundpacks, so here is one way you can get it. If that doesn't work for you, then please let me know, and I'll post some direct links.
Type @soundpacks in the game. Choose the soundpack made by Snap. Choose view soundpack, and you will get some different links to choose from. Copy the Dropbox link to your clipboard and download the pack.
Then, extract the soundpack, and copy the whole content into your vip mud folder which should be in your Documents folder. Replace the file when prompted.
Then connect to the game in vip mud by using the Cosmic Rage connect file and it should work. YOu'll hear sounds as soon as you press connect.
I'll say this sound pack makes it worth switching to Vip mud. Please let me know if you need more instructions.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-10-15 08:56:38

Hello!
That's something to try, even if I'm not totally comfortable with paying for a mud client smile. Not that I'm not aware of the work that was done for it, but I know atleast three other clients that can do exactly the same job and that are absolutly free. Cocomud, for example, if you want something close to vipmud, has the same kind of interface, and the same functions.
But I think I'll try it if you tell me the soundpack is worth having a look.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-10-15 15:15:14

Hi.
Well, if you can live with the demo limitations, then you don't need to buy the client. The sound pack is unbelievable amazing.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-10-15 16:20:18

Hi all, please can someone give me here the direct link to the soundpack for vip mud, i want to check if there's something new or not. I don't have any accounts in CR anymore, that's why. Also i don't have any clients witch with i can connect.

2018-10-15 16:59:12

Hi.
Here is a direct link to the sound pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3pwgzcmktwl5 … e.zip?dl=1
Don't steal the sounds, right? There are some licens agreements in the Readme. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2018-10-15 19:29:41

Oh? Didn't see any readme in the zip file I downloaded. Anyway you're right! This soundpack is amazing!
It still bugs sometimes though, especially with ambiances. For example the train ambiance and the wing sounds form unbreakable loops , but it's excellent!
One thing that is not a bug but a choice from the conceptor which I desagree with, the movements are gagged in the client, meaning you don't see any string for the start of the end of your path, and there's no sound to indicate it either, for long ship travel it can be anoying not to know if you're still moving or not.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-10-16 03:30:22

lol @573, that was fun, actually. Was not going to.

2018-10-16 08:21:33

@Arkandias: The readme is a bit difficult to find, which I'll talk to the creator of the soundpack about. It's located in the Cosmic Rage folder, and in the folder called "Help files."
When you have the sound pack loaded, you can press alt shift h to view all the help files.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-10-16 12:27:52

hi,
how can i drive my planetoid grabber to the upgrade store?

2018-10-16 13:49:18

you must use relocate command at the landing.