2018-10-11 19:35:01

The two of you aren't doing anything for my wallet!. They're definitely a good pack to have it sounds like, the PRS supermodels, that is. They sound a tad more pleasing to my ear than just the regular GTR amps, though those aren't half bad either.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-11 21:38:39

Yeah my wallet's kinda mad at me right now.  oh well it'll get over it.   

SIbiac has been made available to work with Reaper using Addictive Drums 2 now, which is realy awesome.  I am  uploading a demo of it right now, but I will make a different thread about it.  I'm mentioning this here, because I am going to see about inplementing GTR Tool Rack int SIBIAC so that way we can get to all the presets and such and the stomps, etc etc.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-11 21:58:09

If only we could get them to make that pesky Waves central app properly accessible. Trying to move my new PRS license to the flash, but not having much luck. Just don't like all this half info guesswork. I appreciate why the plugins themselves are partially inaccessible, but the installation process shouldn't have to be. I sent some feedback about this when I placed my order, so maybe by some miracle someone at Waves will give a damn one of these days.

2018-10-11 22:57:37

I"ll mention that and see if something can be done on  SIBIAC's end.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-12 05:26:46

thanks, G-Rad . let me know if and or,  how, you want to be credited.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-12 06:56:35

You can use my full name,  it's my YouTube channel name.  but make sure you spell it correctly seeing as mine's spelled G E R A D.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-15 08:37:11

Quick question for anyone using these... I have a preset selected usng GTR tolrack that I have for a song I am tracking. The tone right now is great, yet I can't remember for the life of me which preset I actually picked to use... and none of the presets in the preset list have the check mark next to them! lol What am I supposed to do here? Does anyone have a way of getting the preset name?

2018-10-15 12:41:18 (edited by flackers 2018-10-15 12:50:46)

It'd be written on the screen but  I don't think OCR will get it. if you position your mouse to click load, then click say 10 pixels at a time to the right of the load menu until you hit the save menu, it will bring up some options, and one of them will have the name of the currently loaded preset. Other than that, I'm not sure. On my low res screen the save menu is about 30 pixels to the right of load.
It's a useful thing to have access to anyway if you find yourself regularly tweeking the same preset.

2018-10-15 14:04:43

Hope you figured it out.  Seems like to me, the only suggestion was mentioned by Flackers, but  other than switching through preset files to see if any of them have a check mark next to it is about all I can come up with.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-15 16:50:39

Yeah, I managed to find the menu. But I guess I'd done some tweeking because it only showed up as an untitled preset when I tried to save it... so I just put it into the menu as a new preset. I like this particular set up though for warm yet crunchy classic rock tones.

2018-10-15 17:17:26 (edited by flackers 2018-10-15 17:27:02)

The only snag with saving presets is I've never managed to work out how to delete them again. The manual says right click on a preset to rename, delete, etc, but it never works for me, and I can't find any other way to do it. I assumed they meant right click on its entry in the menu, but maybe they mean its name on screen. I only just thought of that now, lol. So maybe you could do a golden cursor for the place where the preset name appears on screen. If you click rename, it might even bring up an edit field wiht with the current name already in it, so that would be another way to find the name of the current preset. In Waves IR1, you can open those .xps preset files as a text, and just delete the data that refers to the individual preset, but the GTR one is just too complicated. There's just way too much info in the file.

2018-10-15 18:56:08

You can actually locate the GTR presets pretty easily in the xps, I just looked there. Weird thing is I can't find the preset I created in the toolrack default presets. I chose to put it in the preset menu, so I wonder if that stores in a separate place? The actual option to save to the toolrack default presets is greyed out and doesn't let me click on it.

2018-10-15 19:10:34

I've never saved to one of the factory preset files. I clicked the save to new file option at the top, then created a new preset file called my presets, and save stuff to that. If I ever want to save a preset, I have to load the my presets file first, then save to it.

2018-10-15 19:27:24

Mine shows up under a new section called user presets. I'm guessing that one probably shows up no matter which preset file you have loaded. Also, how does one use the IRL plugins? Those definitely don't seem to be accessible.

2018-10-15 19:36:10 (edited by flackers 2018-10-15 19:37:41)

No, the IR1, or IRL plugins aren't as accessible as GTR. I used a few jaws scripts to get access to a few of the sliders, but to be honest, I mostly tend to just go with the default IR anyway as that's the whole point. Sometimes have to turn the volume down with soem of the free IRs. And it's set to 100% wet by default, so you have to use it as a send. But the wet dry control might show up in the parameters list if you wanted to use it directly as an effect on the track, I'm not sure because I like reverb as a send anyway, especially convolution reverb. It has the same load and save menus as GTR, so you'd need golden cursors for those. But you could get use out of it just with those two menus and the little bit that shows up in parameters. It just depends on whether it's worth it as there's a plugin that comes with Reaper that let's you load IRs, just not sure how much tweeking it lets you do if you wanted to. And IR1 and IRL come with a ton of high quality IRs that you download after purchase.

2018-10-15 20:15:01

All of the IR's downloaded when I bought gold, so I have the ones from waves. I was just wanting to figure out how to load and save, and where those specific gc points are.

2018-10-15 20:24:54

I am going to see if we can integrate the Tool Rack into SIBIAC  That way this would not be a problem for others who may nt be as experienced as we are about this.      Everything else seems okay, maybe I can even get the stomps intergrated so that way we know exactly what we're dealing with.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel