2018-07-24 07:35:28

I still can never find that blasted cookie to click on!
Its really silly actually, since it wouldn't be rocket science to put a text label on it, but when I tried to find a way of contacting the game's developers it was no go at all.

Perhaps someone with facebook etc might have more luck? Really the access requirements in this one are so damn minimal it seems almost laughable that the game is still inaccessible.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-24 10:09:04

I don't recall exactly where the upgrades are put, but unfortunately they are image labels just like the cookie. So if you have unlocked some upgrades, they should appear as blank lines somewhere, and I've found that if you root your mouse there and use screen review to explore the screen you can find out what the upgrade does. It's probably more of a hastle than it's worth though, I'm considering just removing that game and fill the oceans as well, since in that game the distribution of experience points is entirely inaccessible.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-07-24 10:55:31

I'm not exactly sure if any game that requires click and get lucky with the mouse is accessible myself.
The stupid thing is it wouldn't be difficult to add labels to the graphics involved if we could only contact the developers, but as I said in the case of cookie clicker I had no luck at all.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-25 13:11:02

After playing most of the games on the list at least a bit, the only one that has really held my attention is swarm simulator. I'm on my fourth or fifth ascention and the way the game works with the mutations giving you upgrades is a quite interesting ascention mechanic.

2018-07-25 16:21:26

I got a little disappointed with swarm simulator when I'd seen all the units and such, the exponential growth pattern never interested me, since there is a time that numbers get so huge they're ridiculous, so one assention was enough.

shark game I enjoyed, since you need to complete several assentions to see all the units, albeit I do wish assentions didn't get quite that! easy, though I think my favourites are still probably space company and civ clicker, since in those you need to actually think  ugprades and how things interact, and they also don't run on too much by way of big number insanity.

I do wish I could get on better with city center or state of decay, but in both cases I have trouble tracking a constantly flowing combat with no log, and a game with weapon weaknesses where you can't actually see what your opponent is before changing armour is a bit problematic, indeed this is why chickens game is difficult access wise since there comes a point where speed of combat outdoes ability to click with a screen reader, which is a shame, since chickens is sort of like A dark room for pc, then again I've mentioned as much in the chickens topic.

Heroville had potential, but it seemed I got stuck somewhere along the line since nothing seemed to progress, then also, I wasn't sure how progression was working.

2018-09-22 23:46:44

I have played a lot of games. The one that has held me attention the most was civ clicker. I think that there is a civ clicker two, but I keep getting stuck near the beginning which is sad. I think that I want to figure out who develops this because I don't understand what is different about the second version.

Who am I? Simply me!

2018-09-25 14:45:27

Hi,
Has anyone played antimatter dimensions? It's a pretty addicting game, at least for me. It is much more complicated than what meets the eye at first. However, There's a problem. It has a lot of achievements, but the achievements tab acts wierd and I have no idea if it's not accessible at all or there's a special way to read its content. When I use up and down arrows it reads blank lines and the occasional achievement title or description or other related things. I tried  To move around using NVDA's navigator object, but it froze my laptop for 10 seconds and nothing more. Has anyone else encountered this and knows a way to deal with it?

2018-09-28 18:51:25

I remember running progress quest from the evening till morning. Just going to sleep and letting it run, then reading somethings later. Not even sure if there was a possibilitz to save the text.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2018-10-13 17:54:58

@1, are you still searching new games to add here?

2018-10-13 18:41:38

not really, I think I'll just leave it as it is. Maybe remove a few of the more headake inducing games like cookie clicker, but that's about it.

2018-10-15 02:55:14

@Connor, If you're basically done with the list, I might suggest you add it to the articles room after you clean it up. That way it will be easier to find and won't get buried nearly as quickly.

2018-11-03 22:49:00

I wonder... Is the actual version of space plan on the appstore accessible? It costs, hence me being unable to try it.

2019-02-27 09:35:14

Please, add to this list kittens game.
http://www.bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/#

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-04-23 04:45:51

Okay, I thought I'd add to this topic with a few interesting discoveries.

Firstly, Civ clicker has been updated.

You can find the new version here http://deathraygames.com/play-online/civ-clicker/

As far as I can tell its accessible, plus it fixes the problem with gold that the original had. I\'ve not spent a lot of time with it, but its there for people to have a look.

interestingly enough, deathray games, who seems to have taken over civ clicker,  have several games that look interesting including arcane elemnetalist, and an amusing time waster called cyclopse clicker.
There is also a rather fun single player homage to LogD called legen of the green hydra, which isn't an idle game, but is an entirely accessible minimal text rpg for those who are interested.

I haven't checked out all of there games (sadly exo bot the mining game, star hopper and several others seem to be %100 inaccessible), however people might  want  to have a look.

Oh, and for sake of complleteness,

Kittens game is at http://www.bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/

and Keepcraft, the mdeival crafting game is at https://morpheox.github.io/Kraft/

2019-05-05 17:03:03

Hi, this is long overdue, but the list has now been updated to include the trimps game.

2019-05-05 17:08:37

Thanks for the update.

Any chance of adding kittens game, keep craft and the updated civ clicker which I mentioned in post 39?

You might also want to check out http://www.deathraygames.com/ since they had several accessible clicker games there as well as the updated civ clicker, including cyclopse clicker.

2019-05-08 21:10:49

Just another quick update letting yall know that evolve is now in the list too.

2019-12-27 09:29:59 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2019-12-27 09:43:58)

I can't seem to find the cookie graphic. I'm trying to move the mouse around with NVDA commands and click, but it's not working, and moving the pointer with my finger on the touch pad is ... well, I keep hearing things that aren't what I want, and I'm not expecting it to be spoken but it's ... hard...

2019-12-27 09:42:50

I use Jaws, and this is what I did.
I activated "Jaws to PC" cursor, with insert-minus.
Then I arrowed down about thirteen times and clicked.
You can hold the spacebar down and it will click automatically for you.
Once you get a bunch of cookies, you won't need to do that anymore, because cookies will start being produced in other ways. You can go back to the regular cursor and find everything you need.
Hope this helps.

2019-12-27 09:53:37 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2019-12-27 12:59:20)

I'm using NVDA. Is there anyone who uses NVDA who's gotten this to work? Because I tried moving the mouse to cursor with nvda+shift+m, but I still couldn't find it no matter how often I scrolled. I don't even know where to move the pointer to on the page and it's frustrating me because I wanna play it...

Also, I know the Kittens game exists, but when I tried it, it didn't seem very accessible to me. I could have just been doing something wrong, but I couldn't really get off the ground with it.

2019-12-27 21:33:52

The kittens game requires  of reading of mouseover text. I did talk to the developer but he didn't exactly seem as keen access wise.
I'd say at the moment it's playable (imho far more so than cookies game), but not accessible, since what you need to do is find a thing that you need to click on, EG the catnip at the start, then use NVDA Divide to hit the mouseover to see what it is, the mosueover text appears near the top.
You can switch the view of different building types using "village, produduction, all" etc, and click on the campfire to get a lowdown of your kittens.

the log of game events appears at the bottom which you'll need to keep a watch on, since seasons change production drastically, and soemtimes it's even necessary to pause in order to read the log and make changes.

for more see this topic

I confess with kittens game I rather stopped, once we got to the point of needing to assign workers to gain experience, the complexity of the interface with no headings, need to click on everything and complex tables to read was getting a bit too heavy along with the very tough in game mechanics.

If your looking for that type of game, I'd probably recommend evolve instead, which does many of the things Kittens game does, but  far more accessible and also more forgiving.

2019-12-27 22:15:58

I'm already playing both Evolve and Trimps. xD Maybe I should stick with the ones I can play, although it seems to me that this sort of game can be made accessible with greater ease than others. Trimps was around for years before we discovered it and the dev wasted no time making things easier on us.

2019-12-28 05:38:34

Browser based Incremental games run the hole gamut from entirely accessible out of the box, to accessible thanks to developer tweaks, to playable with difficulty, playable in some parts, not playable at all, and not even on a readable screen.
There are so many good ones kicking around that are very deep and complex games, plus some very awesome developers (I've been quite impressed with infinicrawl, even if this is more an endless rpg than an incremental game).

so to me, if I spend more than about half an hour on a game wrestling with the interface, I just move on.

the one thing I do wish, is that there was a better way for NVdA to interact with flash, since there are several flash games out there that sound great and might well be very accessible.

2019-12-29 22:51:55

I can't tell you how much games like this have helped my anxiety in terms of having something from simple to complex and the beauty of routine and repetitive action that helps me remain calm. That has been a nice bonus.

Could someone give me pointers on Trimps? I have been trying but I don't find the structure to be intuitive. I also got in a weird loop where I could not build, even though the buttons were available. I couldn't fire workers, gather wood, etc. Perhaps I am missing something.

2019-12-30 01:33:45

@Mektastic, yes, incremental games can be quite relaxing.
As regards trimps, well really we probably ought to move the discussion to the Trimps topic, but for sake of arguement first Have a look at this guide, on the trimps wiki.

Also check the db page where I talk about the screen.

I'm not entirely sure what the loop you mention was, unless you had either accidently paused the game (you can do this by hitting spacebar, though it's possible to disable in settings), or if you'd gone away from the game for a bit and the trimps were doing the timewarp catchup, since you can't interact until they've finished.