2018-10-09 15:18:12

Hello all
As I probably stated in quite a few recent topics that I'm right now on antidepressant, or actually in my case, antipsychotic to treat mdd, there's something I know is the side effect of my medicine and can possibly happen to anyone not on this same medicine too. Sometimes, I feel like my legs and arms just don't want to stay in place and I get the urge to do something that requires moving. It wouldn't have annoyed me as much if it didn't happen at night when I want myself to sleep. Even if it doesn't last long, it still annoys me to no end. My medicine literally does two things, either makes me sleepy and drowsy as hell or induces what I said above, which from what I studied is something called restless leg syndrome. It's going to be a while til I can see my doctor again, and of course no one around here is going to drop me in the hospital before the appointment.
My question is, for all of you who may or may not be on medicine or anything and have or know someone who has this problem, is there any way to ease when it happens? I don't care about the answer as long as it's something I can do. I'm feeling like crap not knowing when and how longit'll keep me from staying in bed now, let alone finding the right word to describe it to the doctor. I tried to do it twice last times but she ended up giving me settetive stress relief pill instead, which didn't work. She probably thought I meant I was uncomfortable because of my mood or something.
Thank you in advance guys.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-10-09 16:19:12

Maybe intense exercise can help? FWICT, lots of excess energy, or maybe excess sugar in the bloodstream, tend to encourage this sort of reaction, so burning off the excess might reduce it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-10-09 16:28:43

I'm not sure about sugar. I may need to try that. As to exercise, I end up getting up and run myself to hell in the bathroom everyytime it happens. It'd fade if I do that, only to come back a night or two or three later.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-10-12 06:24:13

i understand exactly what you are talking about!

it's not bugs crawling, or your legs jerking, or any of the usual sensations associated with restless leg syndrome.

it's more the opposite of restless leg syndrome?

you actually feel like you are required to tense up your legs, or move them, or else you go nuts.

if your legs stay still for x amount of time, 1 few seconds to a minute, and you do not move them.
only then, will moving them to any degree give you relief.

for me, simply moving the muscles in my cavs, biceps, wiggle my toes, move my knees, hips, or simply tense up the muscles in that general area for a brief second or two will relieve the sensation.

i have only found two remedies for this.
1, Like you, either simply wake up, and exercise, or move them around for about 10 minutes or so, then cool down for about 5 or so minutes...
or...
2. take a hot bath, preferably with bath salts, or ebson salts for about 15 to 30 minutes. Then try to lay back down.

whatever it is that is making our brains make us to want to self spasm, or make us want to move our legs, seems to be assisted buy this.

when i was younger i used to have bad muscle spasms all the time, only hot water would relieve them.
looking back on that, i can not help but wounder if that may be related. With the exception of I was to young to be able to say anything about it.

like you, it only seems to be able to affect me with certain medications.
While i have not taken any of the types you have specified before...?
1. I have noticed with certain brands of sinus's medications, and any type of pain reliever, or 2. anything that makes me sleepy what so ever,
3. and any type of pain reliever.
4. Whatever is in the two, only when taken simultaneously, seem to activate this phenomenon.

i can not explain it either. i can't get doctor's to understand it, and those that do, have never heard of it before.

even taking something as simple as a combination of melatonin and TYLENOL, will trigger the affect.
That's just example one, i can give you, i have actually compiled a list of everything i have taken so far with in the past three years that seems to trigger it in combination with each other.

Still i do not understand it.

we can attempt to collaborate if you like? maybe with both of us researching, we can finally find a solution, or at the very least, attempt to diagnose and solve the problem. at this point, which ever would probably be more simple to accomplish.
later, Neo

The eyes, unfortunately, are not the windows to the soul. They are, however, the windows to deception. Trust not what your eyes see, for they can be easily fooled.

2018-10-12 15:07:51

Whoa Neo!
You said it exactly like what I tried so despretly to say, and even more, to explain to the doctor. I didn't succeed though. She probably think I meant my stress or something when I said I was totally restless. Should have mentioned my legs directly or something. It was like that, like you said, especially my legs and arms. Something in my chemical crap just urges me to move. If I don't, I end up rolling around my bed trying to an extreme to sleep, which usually comes minutes or as long as an hour later.
Collaboration at this point is nice. It seems to me that both of us need help. I've never had this before. No medication triggered it what so ever. Even my first antidepressant, sertraline, which didn't work, triggered severe, intensive panic attacks instead. I'm on quetiapine, two tablets of 50 mg in the morning, and the other 200 mg tablet before bed. The 200 mg one triggers it a lot. Not to the point of interfering my sleep severely, but enough to annoy me to hell.

2018-10-13 05:29:13

I regret to inform you that skype is not an option at the moment. me and the better half have recently moved. Sadly decent internet is a luxury for me at this point. communication like this, or e mail is preferable. Until i can get a better internet connection. if you would not mind?
my internet is barely stable enough to play muds. alter aeon, is one i keep going back to. Can i assume, your e mail address here is valid and write to you that way?
    The malady that both me and you seem to suffer interests me greatly. While i think i am lucky enough to get mine under control. until i look up the drug, drugs? in your last post. With your permission of coarse. I fear yours may currently not be. If my theory is correct.
    Until we can communicate. try something like this?
1. you might find relief from a warm cup of chamomile tea taken about 30 minutes before bed.
in certain instances i have seen this actually worsen the affects, so try it once, maybe twice. if it aggravates the situation. then best to leave out the first suggestion.
or...
2. You may also benefit from a warm relaxing soak in a tub for 15 to 30 minutes, wait about five minutes, then sleep.
3. I have found if i time the medication just right. allow the acetaminophen, or nsaids to leave my system. it assists me greatly with my symptoms.
sadly as stated before, if my theory is correct, in your case. this may not make a difference. I do not think you are taking any of those types of medications.
    If you give me the ok on e mailing you, as well as the research for the drugs mentioned in your previous posts, i would rather communicate that way.
    Here is also fine, however, i am concerned that it may be mostly a back and forth between me and you. I am unsure how the moderators of this forum would feel about that. Especially since, while this is definitely off topic of their usual games and things of that nature. I am not even going to mention that i have yet to find a decent medical forum that is more accessible than this to attempt to communicate this type of topic.
    By all means, please feel free to share my posts and information i give you. As well as My and
your back and forth queries and information with a medical professional.
Even if we Can not currently find a
solution.
If we both find out that we are not suffering the same malady, or it is not triggered buy the same sequence of events.
I still would like to assist you if i am able.
    Write back when you can, please.
    Forgive more spelling mistakes than usual. as well as what will probably be a lack of my usual sentence structure.
    It's been a long day. tired. even more to do tomorrow. Never the less, i will check up on this topic and thread from time to time and reply or write when i can.
sleep well.
neo

note to self. until i find a job at my new location.., or go back for my b.a... Attempt to find more decent audio games to play off line. as previously stated. my internet speed and connection are bugger all at the moment.

The eyes, unfortunately, are not the windows to the soul. They are, however, the windows to deception. Trust not what your eyes see, for they can be easily fooled.

2018-10-13 15:14:12

I think communication on here may benefit people who suffer something like we do. But if you don't feel up to it, my mail is fine, anywhere is fine actually. Also, go ahead with your research. I don't have any reason to disallow you. I'm doing it too. We may be able to help people this way.
And the thing is...
1. The closest to camomile tea I can get right now is either herbal or spice tea. I don't like it that much tbh, but may find one just for this purpose. Wonder if it even works.
2. My dorm doesn't have warm water for me. I regularly shower in cold water everyday. This option wouldn't work for me unless I'm home or something, and being home is somewhat of a pain for me. (I'm actually at home now).
3. Since I'm not on the same medication as you, the only way to make it work now is to sleep before it happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it doesn't because I tend to forget to sleep before the effect, lol. Partly my fault though.