2018-10-06 18:03:10

Hi all,

I don't know if this topic exists, but for those of you who coding in Python, what text editor you use on Windows to write your code. I would use IDLE, but the thing seems to be inaccessible. So, is there an alternative?

Thanks.

2018-10-06 20:23:58

I use notepad2. Some use notepad Plus Plus but I prefer notepad2 against notepad Plus Plus

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-10-07 10:59:54

Thank you so much. I'll give Notepad2 a try.

2018-10-07 11:24:23

I use simple notepad

Paul

2018-10-07 16:49:39

Notepad++

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-07 17:54:13

I'm using the standard notepad. and sometimes notepad++

2018-10-07 21:57:47

I sometimes use the notemad, but, usually I use the Notepad++

2018-10-08 07:26:11

Thank you guys for your suggestions.

2018-10-09 19:53:06

Are you guys able to use auto indentation on notpad++?

2018-10-10 03:16:30

Does notepad++ offer special or useful features for coding?
I'm using visual studio code with NVDA. It's super cool IMO.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-10-10 03:50:02

If you set your screen reader to automatically speak tabs, auto-indent is pretty good. The other nice feature is that Notepad++ will autocomplete pairs when it is reasonably able to do so. Some times it messes up at times, though. You also have word completion, but I've found it more annoying than useful. I'm sure it can be turned off, but I am too lazy to do it, so I wouldn't know how. Still, all in all, nothing's been more reliable for me as a programmer than Notepad++. For any language I've worked with...Well, other than Java, but that's because, after a while, Java in the commandline is just annoying.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-10-11 18:29:39

Can you tell us how to do an where these settings? from screen reader side and np++ side as well.

Jaseoffire wrote:

If you set your screen reader to automatically speak tabs, auto-indent is pretty good. The other nice feature is that Notepad++ will autocomplete pairs when it is reasonably able to do so. Some times it messes up at times, though. You also have word completion, but I've found it more annoying than useful. I'm sure it can be turned off, but I am too lazy to do it, so I wouldn't know how. Still, all in all, nothing's been more reliable for me as a programmer than Notepad++. For any language I've worked with...Well, other than Java, but that's because, after a while, Java in the commandline is just annoying.

2018-10-11 19:19:34

I'll do my best to describe what I can.

Notepad++

Right. So, in notepad++, a lot of my favorite options can be found in the auto completion settings. First, press Alt+t then press p for preferences. There's a lot to work with here, but scroll down to auto completion and then you can set pairs for Notepad++ to autocomplete.
Also, under the edit section (achieved through pressing alt+e) you can go to blank operations and switch between tabs or spaces on a document. I'd recommend changing trailing spaces to tabs as that is easier to read while just reviewing line by line.

Screen Reader

For the Screen Reader, the one I know best for this sort of thing is NVDA. First press NVDA+n then go to preferences. Next, go to punctuation/symbol pronunciation. Set your punctuation level to all. Alternatively, you can change the level that Tab will be spoken at. Up to you.

Conclusion

That's all I can think of right now. Have fun.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-10-12 07:41:35

To add to the last post, you can also press NVDA plus P to switch between punctuation modes.