2012-01-31 10:45:50

Hi everybody,

There is a new version of Pontes Duel: 1.2.

This version can be downloaded clicking next link:
Pontes Duel 1.2

You can read the entire manual pressing next link:
Download Pontes Duel Manual

What's new:

1. You can use the mouse as an alternative:
- moving the mouse left or right it's the same as pressing left or right arrows;
- Left Mouse Button fires or hits, like Space bar;
- Right Mouse Button charges the gun or makes the player to rest when in rounds without fire guns;
- Middle Mouse Button throws a flashbang like F4;
- F3 enables or disables the mouse, by default it's enabled.
2. There is not necessary anymore to give the IP Address to your partner. Now you can  wait as a host, or search for hosts as a client.
When you are waiting as a client, a list of available hosts appears, just press enter on a host to connect.
3. When starting this version for first time, you must fill two  input boxes: your nickname and your country. You can also change these information from Main Menu at Change Nickname.
4. Pressing W you can hear your partner's nickname and country.
5. Control + W spells your partner's nickname.
6. In rounds without fire guns you can jump. When moving left or right, if Up Arrow is pressed, the fighter jumps 3 steps in the respective direction.
7. In order to win a round, you must make 15 points and your partner to have less than 14. If the score is 14 - 14 it's considered a draw and the round starts again.
8. Some sounds were changed: the start signal, the sounds in the 5th round (Boxing on the Gravel) etc.
9. Some bugs were corrected. For instance now the score will be accurate, only the server decides who wins a game.

You can read the entire manual pressing next link:
Download Pontes Duel Manual

Download the game:
Pontes Duel 1.2, the last version

Best regards,

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other Audio Games and programs, visit www.scripts.pontes.ro!

2012-01-31 11:29:55 (edited by fatih 2012-01-31 11:32:29)

it doesn't connect to a server. I've checked the firewall settings. Why it does that thing! It doesn't give an error! İt directly  returns to the main menu! Please fix this bug!

2012-01-31 17:10:24

hi
is it a online game, or we can play offline, too?

because most of the times, no one is available online, or it is limited to only a a couple of people.

so making of a offline version would be cool as well

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-31 22:44:47

Fatih, the error is maybe because you didn't fill a nickname...

Sid512, This is only an online game yet.

Emanuel Boboiu

2012-01-31 23:09:31

Hi Sid,
It has a training mode as well, but it is quite boring.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-01 09:48:20

Fixed one bug.
It's better to reinstall Pontes Duel from the server who is interested to host a game.
I made a wrong calculus and who was waiting for a client as host was appearing just two minutes, after one minutes he was invisible, after he was appearing again other two minutes and so on.
Now it is ok.
When I calculated 2 minutes in milliseconds for me it was 180000, not 120000. lol

Emanuel Boboiu

2012-02-01 16:06:25

I've filled my nickname edit field.

2018-10-10 19:55:40

That's a cool game, I played it before, but, is that game discontinued or something?

2018-10-10 20:36:18

Considering this is a rather old topic, yes, this game does not seem to be in development anymore.

2018-10-10 22:27:34

It works, but not new things added in last years.

Emanuel Boboiu