2018-10-09 15:14:50

Also, just gonna point htis out. It seems...to me by the way it was worded to be something people are okay with 'winning' as a prize. If everyone was in on the whole contest, I see no issue with it.

THat's like if Dark came to me, Iron, Ethin and said hey guys, if you're all okay with it we're going to let the community vote on who to ban...

If we were all okay with it, sure, it'd look bad from the outside, but given the people on the inside were all okay with it.....

Or, Putting it another way: Just because something looks bad, doesn't mean it always is. For all you know....ah screw it. Refer to my initial post already. Two sides to every story. You don't know all the details and going off like this will do more harm than good I feel....especially if it does come out later everyone in the contest was willing to go along with it.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-09 15:27:02

I didn't get that the people in the contest were actually willing, and I will agree with Caccio that basically whipping up furver on the forums for community members to effectively go after a given member  an immature, if  actively malicious way for mods to act.

on the other hand, to what extent this "gag" order would affect the person involved's ability to play the game, and  whether the contest would involve members of the community who did not specifically frequent the back alley portion of the forum, which sounds like a no holds barred adult only room and thus rife for unpleasantness anyway I do not know.

After all it is one thing if several users embroiled in a game of oneupmanship over on an adult only part of the community forum held a contest over banning one of their number, it is quite another if some clueless newbie could be ganged up on and banned just because several long standing members decided to dislike them and a given mod was on a power trip.

To me, this wouldn't be a reason to avoid WEBL for those who enjoy the game, but would be a very good reason not to use the back alley part of the forum, or get into a slagging match with this Power Lil character.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-09 15:42:17

We don't know if they were willing or not though Dark. I'm saying IF they were willing, then that puts everything in a different light. For all we know, not having access to everything over there...they could all have got together and all been in on the whole contest from the start. We simply don't know what went on behind the scenes before this whole contest was posted.. We only have Caxio's word on what happened and only one side of the story. Sure, it'd be nice to get other people's sides of the story but...again, I don't see anything wrong with the contest given where it was posted. That'd be like me setting up a forum, making a no holds bared area then somebody coming on here saying they got into a pissing contest and lost. I'd argue if anything, you should know what you're getting into in the back alley forum. Clue's in the name and description realy.....

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-09 20:13:36

Yes. that "voting" was held in that unmoderated forum section, which usually serves for releasing steam and tention, and due its rude language, which almost counts for a requirement there, there are lots of community members, who deliberately and cathegorically avoid it.
Plus, according to the game-rules, and Power Lil has insisted on it himself too, Back Alley should have no direct influence on "normal" communications, but kept totally separated from all other, "official" parts of it.

And still, the result of this Back-Alley voting was indeed applied to the "winners", totally regardless of all what I wrote above.

If this event would have been held in some of the common, normal forums, visited by all, or almost all of WEBL regulars, then the arguments of Jacek would be valid, but under the described circumstances...it's nothing else than a totally invalid, illegal lynching process of those, who regular Back Alley visitors, (included those few malicious harrassing trolls/bullies), have some personal, paranoid, (often totally imaginary) issues with.

Thumbs up

2018-10-09 20:33:45

So the ban counts for the whole forum, not just this back alley?

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 01:10:47

Hey, hey, guys.

I'm the man Caccio72 mentioned, the mod of the game.

Long story short- yes, he was gagged by winning that voting, as a most unpopular forum speaker. We run 'Gag that bitch' competition once a year, for fun mostly. Forum users votes against the most irritating persons and everyone gets what they deserved. I was gagged in the past, our chairman was gagged. About 10 guys were gagged along with Crimpley this time. And everyone takes it with no complaints. Cos all in all you realize that guys won't vote against you if you did not do anything bad. So everyone's OK with this, what's the problem really? The only person who is not...

Caccio is a good dude in general. The only problem he likes to talk too much, he's very serious, with nearly zero sense of humor, he makes millions threads about everything in the world. Boring as hell. Guys went mad quite soon after hearing his bitching and moaning again and again. It took him a year to become to most unpopular person on the site.

Alltough he does not tend to break any rules, his behavior, the manner of communication... one of our user left the game cos he could not listen his monologues any more. Can you imagine how boring and irritating they are? All through this time million of times he was quite sure we'd gag and even ban him for his views or speaches (like it happened to him in his previous game), he has his own opinion about politics and other stuff that ain't too popular too, but I told him million times that no one's gonna gag him or ban (what for?). He was never close to gag cos our forums are being moderated very loosely.

And when he finally got this gag... now it's a crime against the humanity, absolutely unfair, I'm the worst mod ever. OK, OK,OK, fine. It does not matter. I tryed to explain it, but failed. Some guys just can't deal with others, any forums is filled with different people, YOU have to adapt, hear others opinions about yourself and try to deal with others someway. There's a talant to make friends and you have a talant to make enemies. Maybe, maybe!, something's wrong to you? Partly at least? This bell is ringing for no reason? You sure?

The worst thing you don't want to hear others, you ignore, don't hear, can't hear, I don't know. Or. maybe, you're trolling us this way. Arguing for arguing, battle of words game? Why the hell you care about it if you said you quit (not for the first and not for the second time) right before you got gagged?

You're still free to play the game as much as you want, no one's gonna ban you, you can talk on the forums too, do whatever you want. But we can run our competition and gag the dudes we don't like once a year, it's not too rough no matter what you think.

There's another guy from this forum who plays the game. If you want, I can invite him to say his opinion. But in fact all this is not worth a doit. I just had to answer cos you know, now he's spamming me with emails... better never gagged him really

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 02:14:50

Well, Caccio72 has this sort of anti-mod thing going on. I thought maybe this might be something similar, which is why I in agreement with some others have decided to be a bit conservative with saying oh shit, them guys suck and I will never play there again.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-10 03:51:03

Power Lil, you accuse me of not hearing, reading, listening to others, while you pretend to be totally deaf in this case.

But fine, I shall repeat my arguments against what you did again:

You have banned 3 users, (so not 10 as you claim), as the "winners" of your "gag the bitch" contest.
Should I quote here the post too, where you announced the 3 people you will ban for 10 days, or will you still claim you banned 10 of them?

You held a voting, which many of us were trying to talk you off, in the Back Alley forum.
If this voting is as legit and regular as you claim, then why didn't you run it in The Launge, or any other official, regular forum, why did you need to use Back Alley for that purpose, knowing there are quite a lot of us users, (even if not me in person), who don't ever visit that forum, mostly due its extremely rude language, and offensive, aggressive posts.
For example Ian, who we both respect very much, is one of those, so you have automatically excluded him, and all others sharing his oppinion of Back Alley from your voting, they probably didn't even know about it till it get over, and you announced the final outcome in the Launge, finally, but too late.

Yes, I assume you knew, how that part of community will try to talk you off your idiotic idea, which is definitely unworthy of an online moderator, and were also aware, that they will try to support, and defend the, this time totally innocent, victims of your voting.

Btw, you claim such a voting event is regular, and is held once in a year.
Well, forgive my failing memory, but I definitely cannot recall it being held last year.

As for my personal case:
Yes, if users break the rules, committing bannable offenses, do ban/gag them, (including me of course), if I did do so in the past, you should have ban me, and I would have no rights to object, but solving the issue of my "oh so annoying" communication style this way, again, is definitely not the way online moderators are meant to function.

And again, especially when you know for sure, right from the start, who the number 1 "winner" of your "contest" will be, (you even stated yourself being sure of that before the voting started), and you know how that certain person's possibilities, alternatives of entertainment are very limited, with online communications being his favorite one, of a vital importance to him, he has no real life anymore, but replaces it with communicating online, (regardless what you think of this, you knew it damn well), so, knowing all this, knowing how chatting and forum-participating consumes the most of my spare time, actually more than playing online games themselves...yes, due being aware of all this, I do consider your decision, and the way how you PURPOSELY treated me with this "practical joke" of yours, for an abuse of my disability, and handicapped situation.

And since you still present your deed as a mere joke, a gag to have fun, and laugh about:
Power Lil, maybe I totally lack the sense of humor, especially after my total vision loss, no wonder, but: Some things in life are really not appropriate to joke with.
With making a joke out of my limitation, aka addiction, even moral dependence of regular online communication, while even being aware of it, you have crossed those moral limits by far!

You really should have left at least 1 single thread for me to be able, to be allowed to reply to, it was my last appeal to you before my ban, but you totally ignored that one too, along with all the rest.

Have you ever tried to imagine yourself in my place, into my shoes?

A veteran, devoted, even fanatic gamer, who totally loses his vision after 43 years, loses everything, not only his gaming fun, but real life entertainments too, so he replaces not only his all lost visual gaming activities, but real time hobbies, entertainment, and human-communications with online ones...and you ban such a person for 10 days, without him committing a bannable offense to deserve it, but merely out of "sheer joke and fun"?
While you being totally aware of his above described situation!

I wonder if you would take it as a joke and fun in my place, and would just merrily "laugh along" with it???

Again, imagine being prevented to perform your all time favorite entertainment or activity, whatever it may be, for 10 days, performing which provides you entertainment over many hours daily...whould you really take it as easy, as you suggest it should be taken by me too???

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 04:07:49 (edited by Caccio72 2018-10-10 05:55:32)

In addition:

You, and a few others, tend to use a certain player leaving the game as an argument against me.
However, whenever you do so, you somehow forget to mention, how that certain player was acting, provoking, harrassing, bullying not only me, but many others not only in forums, but in our so called "press releases" too.

Plus, whenever criticising me, you also tend  to forget mentioning my contribution to the game.
And no, I don't mean donating that damn money, for my financial situation doesn't allow that, you better not ask about the monthly sum of aid I have to live from.
You know very well what types of contribution I meant, starting with suggestions, ideas in forums about how to improve WEBL, which features, elements of it to improve, change, or modify, then my game-promotion/recommendation done here, in these very forums, assisted by you in person even, all the way back to recruiting, winning Boombastic, known here as Shrike to the game, the other blind player, who, unlike me, is overall very popular, probably due talking, aka communicating much less often. (but hey, we all have our priorities, his are different than mine, that's all)

Furthermore, another of your "arguments" against my communication style is my permaban from Pardus MMO.
Strangely, you forget to mention how, and why did it happen:
I was, totally unfounded, without any existing proof or evidence, accused of wanting to kill a certain, very popular player in real life.
The part "IRL" was even written with capitals.
I don't, can't know, what was in the paranoid mind of the accusing player, who hated me like hell, without ever meeting me in real life, nor did I ever meet that other player, who I, accordingly, wanted to kill.
Maybe it was my, strictly IC-rivalry with that guy in 2-3 other online games, maybe it was me foe-listing him in one of those, I really can't guess the way how his obsessed mind worked.
Anyway, I reported this very severe OOC accusation to the moderators, in the proper, appropriate way for performing that action.
No moderative action was taken, the slandering player hasn't received the mildest penalty, not even a warning for such a severe offense of his.
Then I messaged the so called "super-moderator" of the game, and even one of the game-admins too regarding the matter.
Both of them were quite nice, friendly, and fair to me before, I even met the super moderator in person, at one of our real-life meeting.
Another week has passed, but none of them has replied, nor even reacted in any way, so nothing at all happened, both me, and my appeals were totally ignored.
Then I have become desperate, and started a forum thread, criticizing Pardus moderation, which allows, tolerates, and obviously supports even such severe, real life-related, evidently malicious offenses like accusing a player, totally unfounded, of wanting to kill another player in real life!
Then Pardus moderators havve decided, obviously considering it for a fair and proper solution of this matter, to permaban me for my objection against moderation, (which contained no single rude or offensive word, nor bannable expression btw), but without even warning the accusing player!
So, as you guys can read, and also according the official Pardus Moderative Actions list, I got permabanned for "refusing to comply with moderative instructions", or was it formulated as "retaliating against moderative actions", whatever, something similar, but again, accordingly, it had nothing to do with my communication style in the game's chats and forums.
Tell me guys, tell me Power Lil, wouldn't you revolt against such an unfair treatment?

As last, regarding my so called "rages, threats, promises to quit/retire":
I never said I wish to totally retire from the game, but was always emphasizing to quit playing, competing in it actively, while remaining active only in its communications.
Haven't I kept that promise at the end Power Lil?
Tell me, how many active fighters I still have?
I will tell you the number, it's 0. (zero)
Just retired the last remaining one a few days ago.
So I did retire, gradually, as announced, from active gameplay at the end, and remained active in WEBL communications only, again, just like how I have announced...as long you did let me do so that is, aka till your 10 days ban. (or gag as you call it)

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 04:14:30

But hey, I am glad you guys here could hear the other side too now, so you can form an umpartial, objective enough oppinion about this matter!

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 05:05:13 (edited by JaceK 2018-10-10 05:10:04)

1. Moderators can do what they want on their site.

2. You agreed to abide by their rules signing up for their site

3. I get the mod's issues with you. DId you really have to bring your welfare and disability into this argument? Did you really have to come off making 3 or 4 posts in a row?If I were a forum mod on a game's forum and you were spouting off like this, I'd at least warn you personally to think bout what you say before you post.

4. Did I mention mods have free reign on their sites? It's like here, Dark could decide tomorrow to ban everyone who posts in this topic and he'd never have to justify himself, since....moderators and admins have ultimate power.

5. You're offended by heated arguments and rude language/ Welcome to the Internet, kid. Seriously though people are cold and cruel online and you need a thick skin if you go online.

Don't like it? Go somewhere else.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 05:08:37

llecha wrote:

Hey, hey, guys.

I'm the man Caccio72 mentioned, the mod of the game.

Long story short- yes, he was gagged by winning that voting, as a most unpopular forum speaker. We run 'Gag that bitch' competition once a year, for fun mostly. Forum users votes against the most irritating persons and everyone gets what they deserved. I was gagged in the past, our chairman was gagged. About 10 guys were gagged along with Crimpley this time. And everyone takes it with no complaints. Cos all in all you realize that guys won't vote against you if you did not do anything bad. So everyone's OK with this, what's the problem really? The only person who is not...

Caccio is a good dude in general. The only problem he likes to talk too much, he's very serious, with nearly zero sense of humor, he makes millions threads about everything in the world. Boring as hell. Guys went mad quite soon after hearing his bitching and moaning again and again. It took him a year to become to most unpopular person on the site.

Alltough he does not tend to break any rules, his behavior, the manner of communication... one of our user left the game cos he could not listen his monologues any more. Can you imagine how boring and irritating they are? All through this time million of times he was quite sure we'd gag and even ban him for his views or speaches (like it happened to him in his previous game), he has his own opinion about politics and other stuff that ain't too popular too, but I told him million times that no one's gonna gag him or ban (what for?). He was never close to gag cos our forums are being moderated very loosely.

And when he finally got this gag... now it's a crime against the humanity, absolutely unfair, I'm the worst mod ever. OK, OK,OK, fine. It does not matter. I tryed to explain it, but failed. Some guys just can't deal with others, any forums is filled with different people, YOU have to adapt, hear others opinions about yourself and try to deal with others someway. There's a talant to make friends and you have a talant to make enemies. Maybe, maybe!, something's wrong to you? Partly at least? This bell is ringing for no reason? You sure?

The worst thing you don't want to hear others, you ignore, don't hear, can't hear, I don't know. Or. maybe, you're trolling us this way. Arguing for arguing, battle of words game? Why the hell you care about it if you said you quit (not for the first and not for the second time) right before you got gagged?

You're still free to play the game as much as you want, no one's gonna ban you, you can talk on the forums too, do whatever you want. But we can run our competition and gag the dudes we don't like once a year, it's not too rough no matter what you think.

There's another guy from this forum who plays the game. If you want, I can invite him to say his opinion. But in fact all this is not worth a doit. I just had to answer cos you know, now he's spamming me with emails... better never gagged him really

Also your post makes a lot of sense. Been a mod/admin on games and been exactly where you are now man, I feel you. Hell I'd have dealt with him sooner if I were in your shoes....and I don't see anything wrong with what you did, it could welll be a wake up call to those unpopular members to change their attitudes really.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 06:04:03

Yes Jacek, I did have to bring up that disability argument too, since obviously Power Lil pretends not knowing, or even less, not caring about how much online communication means to me, EXACTLY AS THE CONSEQUENCE OF MY PERMANENT VISION LOSS, and for what a severe punishment, handicap it counts for me, being prevented from it, especially without any justified, valid reason, without any direct, bannable offense committed, out of sheer (alleged) joke!

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 06:16:11

@Caccio72 stop... right the fuck now. OK, I'm triggered right now, yes triggered but I'm going to attempt to explain this calmly. @Llecha I would hate for you to think all of us are life hating people because we do not have vision. I was born with my condition, and so, I can never know what it will be like to go blind. Others have though, and it is a hell of an adjustment process, but one I cannot comment on. Check this youtube channel, even if you ain't into the girlie shit on there, this chick loves life and she started out sighted enough to do most things even if she wasn't fully sighted. She has RP and lost her vision, she is now totally blind, left only with light perception and she loves life. She is a bunch of things, and a blind YT creator being just one of those. Here is the link to her channel. Caccio72 obviously is maladjusted, which sucks, I feel for the guy, but that isn't a reason to come on here carrying the blindie card, the disability card, the victim card, and acting like that. It does all of us a disservice and I'm appalled at that behavior I just saw. Please don't take your impressions from him, he is not a good example of how things should be. Most of what we want to do is just live our lives like everyone else does, be treated like everyone else. We are often treated differently, some of which is our fault, some of which isn't. We can do a lot of things, even some sighted people tend to believe we shouldn't be doing, like wood working or using tools, etc. We don't get offended if you use words like look, watch, see and blind in your conversations with us. Obviously this one is open for interpretation, because some people have different senses of humor, but even I'd say blind jokes are OK as long as they're not coming from a point of malice.

I'd just not comment any further honestly, Caccio72 has this anti-moderator thing going on and a very skewed perception of justice and fair play which means he's not likely to listen to what you have to say anyway.

@Caccio72 You need to back up a few steps and realize when you're dealing with the sighted community, which really is most of the world, you are an ambassador for all of us. Just like when you travel abroad, you're representing your country, so you don't want to do anything wrong, offensive, or criminal. What I just read in these last few posts made my blood boil, my stomach became physically hot, and a sensation of warmth, and not the good kind radiated from the center of me and spread until it reached all of my extremities. What you just did is wrong on so many levels. We, as blind people, cannot survive without others. That is not a slight on our abilities, because even sighted people cannot survive without other people. We have differing sets of abilities, they can do some things better than we ever could, and the inverse holds true. When you go out there and press this victim card on everybody like you just did, you're condemning us to the past instead of embracing our future. I don't know how your health care system is like in your country, but you should consider getting professional help. You need therapy to deal with your inability to adjust to your new found blindness. That's not a bad thing, it just is a thing. You haven't been able to do this on your own, so you need help. Maybe you don't have a good support system, people you can count on, etc. I don't know and its not really my business, but you should try to get help. Life doesn't have to be this way. I wake up most days fairly happy, and my depressive bouts are few and far between, only lasting maybe a max of 2 to 3 days, and minimum, a few hours. You can learn to live again and enjoy life again, you just need help getting there. You need to process all the traumatic experiences that lead to your vision loss, and how it was for you to have gone from sighted to blind. But don't ever pull the victim mentality thing out like that. It does you, and all of us a grave disservice.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-10 06:19:54 (edited by Caccio72 2018-10-10 06:24:48)

Please try to understand people, we don't live in Wild West era anymore, one just can't go around with a loaded gun, and shoot down everyone whose face he doesn't like, or whose behavior is antipathic to him.

There do exist rules, yes, even on online websites, and it's exactly the duty of the appointed moderators, to supervise if the community is obeying, or violating those rules, instead of crossing them themselves!

Those moderators are also ment to sanction, to penalize those who violate those rules, (and only when they do so), but by no means those, who don't, totally regardless of how popular, or unpopular they may be in general, this is why objectivity is the number 1 requirement for the moderator duty.

I ask you, do you people agree with this?

For if you don't, then I can see no point of a further discussion.

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 06:38:54 (edited by Caccio72 2018-10-10 06:42:42)

The main problem here is, that Power Lil is simply unwilling to grasp, what a severe mental handicap his little "gag-contest joke" has caused to me!

And the mere  circumstance of writing more longer posts/replies in a row, but with a different content, without being interrupted by a post of someone else, doesn't count for an offense, not even spamming, as far as I know, but do check the definition of it for yourself if you disagree!

As if it's my fault, that no replies were posted since my last response, phewww!

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 06:43:04

Okay lets try and get things under a little control here before emotions start running into personal attacks and then the mods on this forum will need to take action of one sort or another, indeed we have a question in the faq cautioning against discussion of online bans precisely for this reason, since emotions always tend to run high about such issues.

Firstly, Jase is unfortunately correct in post 36 in that game  moderators are unfortunately the ones who can run their game as they see fit. This of course can have its own share of problems, mods  can disagree with players and act out of personal bias, or can misread a situation and ban a given player  on their perception of a two sided situation, but unfortunately as mods that is their prerogative.

i will say on this forum we don't ban people for simply being "annoying" much less would I personally  wish members to start considering that as a possibility, if a person gets an official warning or a ban its usually for engaging in an activity that directly harms the community, EG personally attacking other members, theft of audiogames etc. We also would not use simply "annoying" as criteria for drastic action  since the faculty of being "annoying" is so profoundly a subjective one.
I'll also say I haven't seen either an anti mod bias on Caccio's part, nor any opinions that would justify  needed moderation action here.

On the other hand, in the end this is a ten day ban from the forum. It is not a ban from the game generally, nor is it too long lasting, heck I recall not being able to use the core exiles forum for several weeks when they were changing servers back in 2012. While I don't personally get the "joke" of banning someone for ten days or would personally engage in joke moderations on this forum, in the end it is just ten days after all, and so long  it doesn't become a perminant arbitrary moderation rule that can be slapped on anyone just because a given person says so, it probably isn't too major a deal, especially if it is part of a long running tradition.

Caccio,  nearly everyone on this forum here is disabled, many have also lost vision. Many are also gamers in pretty dire circumstances. I'm afraid that attempting to justify your feelings of personal outrage with appeals to your disabled status  won't do much for your case here simply because so many people are in the same boat and are having to make the best of things the best they can.

As I said, I personally wouldn't engage in this sort of contest nor use a simple emotive metric like "annoying" for moderation decisions, but equally your reaction  to this seems somewhat disproportionate to the actual effect of the ban in question.

Were it ten weeks, or were it happening on a more frequent basis, then you definitely would have cause for annoyance, but as it is you'd probably be best just chilling  out and relaxing, then playing the game again as and when you might wish to, or, if you don't fancy that, moving on to a different game and putting this behind you forthwith.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-10 07:02:19

@40: Moderators have the final say, like Dark said. If John Doe got to b a mod and banned everyone who said they like toast....that would be the reality of him being a mod on a particular site. Here's a little primer for the internet.....moderators are human, they have flaws, biases. Mods are not these immortal, perfect, infalliable machines. They are regular people making decisions, just like you decided to post this topic.

On another note....I'm agreeing with Iron. You have zero need or right to bring out the blindness card. Shrike plays the exact same game and talks on their forums without getting unpopular and gagged. I've not joined webl, but given one of their mods has posted that you do the same posting style over there I can absolutly see how people wouldn't find you popular at all if you post the same style of posts. Again. Think before you post.

Does it suck you went blind? Mhm. I get how angry you are, I get how upset you are....but you absolutely can't go around efectively bashing a game for gaggging you for being unpopular, then screaming from the rooftops you are blind. Listen. I played an onlime game for a decade. First thing the crew leader did when I mentioned I'd lost my sight? Kick me out of that crew. Did it suck on that game? Yes. But you know what? I turned it into a positive and by finding new friends and keeping my old ones in that game. Does it suck to be banned from a forum?

Yep. But think why you got banned. It's not OMG POWRLIL IS PICKING ON THE BLIND PERSON!!!! at all. I'd rather side with a moderator who has access to every bit of the forum and the behind the scenes bit, and has seen your actions firsthand....and comes here explaining things, than you spouting off accusations left and right. It's not a good look at all.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 07:15:28

@41 incorrect, he's treating you like any other person, you're choosing to incorrectly misinterpret the action as such. Now, I'm keeping my opinion of what they're doing in the back alley out of this when I say that you're going way way too far with this disabled thing. I honestly don't give a damn about the ban, or joke, or whatever it is at this point. What I care about is the blatant use of the victim card when it isn't even called for. You can't prove he did this to you because you're blind. He's also right that you can be annoying, the way you just rant and rave and triple post and so on and refuse to see the other people's perspective, that's annoying. This is a forum, not a one way rant thing. You want that, go write a blog. We have discussions here, and if you can't discuss the issues you post about, then why are you still posting about them. Nothing gets on my nerves more than a closed-minded person. What I mean by that is someone who completely refuses to hear your side of things, who is completely and utterly convinced their way is right, without ever considering what you have to say. I'm not referring to disagreements. I can try to convince someone of something, and they can be open-minded if they continue to disagree. It isn't disagreement that makes you closed-minded, its the unwillingness to consider other points of view. That is exactly what you do Caccio, and if no one came around to refute your posts, maybe there would be one more sighted person who now believes blind people are not able to take jokes, or what have you. We have enough stereotypes and misconceptions about us. We don't need people adding to them. We need people to be educating others when they can, not this victim mentality thing.

If I were you, I'd let this matter drop, you're not gonna win this one. You probably weren't before yo upulled the woe is me I'm a poor disabled blind man routine, and I don't think you will now.

Dark makes a good point in the whole discussing bans thing. Technically I guess you didn't break policy because you never said it was you directly, at least I'm not remembering that, but its like quarter after 1 in the morning and my mental faculties are waning.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-10 07:28:52 (edited by Caccio72 2018-10-10 07:45:32)

Jacek, what I would like to know is, how Mr Bruce, the developer of WEBL thinks of this little "contest", wether he approves it too?
Again, unlike Power Lil claims, I definitely don't remember such a "contest" to be held last year.

One thing is sure, it definitely doesn't look/sound like the best way to increase our community, nor to preserve the current one.

Unfortunately, at least according to Power Lil, he didn't provide us with his email address, but I consider him for a very fair, reasonable, helpful, and objective guy, so I would be really curious to hear his oppinion of this matter.

And unfortunately again, we can contact him only in the game's forums, usually in "The Lounge", so I am unable to attempt even that for...8 more days or so.

Oh, and I shall correct myself:
I didn't mean Power Lil directly abusing my blindness on purpose, but he is deliberately ignoring the consequences of it, which made me change my life style, and seek for an escape, hideout, asylum from my miserable real life in cyber world, the world of online games and communications.

By being aware of this fact, and still purposely neglecting, ignoring it, he is indirectly also abusing the limitations caused by my handicap itself, even if, hopefully, unwantedly.

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 07:35:24

I agree with Jace here. Honestly, Caccio72, throwing around various cards only makes your case worse for you and only proves the mods points. If you acted like this on a full-on sited gamers forum you'd be banned within a day of you registering and ostin this kind of bullshit. Be greatful that the mods on here are lenient enough to not be so ruthless -- a sited gamers forum would definitely outright hate you. Hell, most people on the net would outright dislike you just because of this behavior. The world is not all peachy and rosy. The world is not a place where you can pull stunts like this and expect to get away with it because you have a disability. And the world is definitely not forgiving, either. And with the internet, that will only be emphasized more so. I bet you that 340 years from now, people will have archives of this forum and will be derisive towards your comments on here. Or they'll be questioning your sanity. Cause things on the net have a nasty tendency to stick around for much longer periods than you like. Stop throwing around the victim/disabled/blindness card -- it will do nothing for you that will be good for you or your health, and I think if you tried pulling that shit in front of anyone they'd either be very, very harsh to you, or they'd pull you in a back alleyway and beat the living daylights out of you to prove to you that just because your blind, or disable,d or think you've been wronged, gives you no right to attempt to use it to get people to believe you. I'm siting with the mod here. And I honestly don't get why your complaining about a 10 day ban anyway. Its 10 days! Days! Not 10 weeks, or 10 years, 10 days! get over it!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 07:58:14

Caccio72 wrote:

Jacek, what I would like to know is, how Mr Bruce, the developer of WEBL thinks of this little "contest", wether he approves it too?
Again, unlike Power Lil claims, I definitely don't remember such a "contest" to be held last year.

One thing is sure, it definitely doesn't look/sound like the best way to increase our community, nor to preserve the current one.

Unfortunately, at least according to Power Lil, he didn't provide us with his email address, but I consider him for a very fair, reasonable, helpful, and objective guy, so I would be really curious to hear his oppinion of this matter.

And unfortunately again, we can contact him only in the game's forums, usually in "The Lounge", so I am unable to attempt even that for...8 more days or so.

Oh, and I shall correct myself:
I didn't mean Power Lil directly abusing my blindness on purpose, but he is deliberately ignoring the consequences of it, which made me change my life style, and seek for an escape, hideout, asylum from my miserable real life in cyber world, the world of online games and communications.

By being aware of this fact, and still purposely neglecting, ignoring it, he is indirectly also abusing the limitations caused by my handicap itself, even if, hopefully, unwantedly.

And hrowing around accusations is a good way to build or grow a community? No, it isn't. Ethin is right The world is very unforgiving, the internet doubly so. People are a lot meaner online because of the anonymity of it. I could call Ethin a bitch, f.ex. if he only knew me through here. The internet doesn't exactly suffer idiots well, see the cringe compilations online.

Moderators don't have to drop everything and bow down to your every whim, or stop and read every message you send. Have you ever considered maybe Power has other people messaging him and hasn't got around to your messages yet. Or has a reason to skip over your messages, maybe he doesn't want to reply or read your messages. After all mods are human too. He's under no law stating he has to read and respond to every message he gets.

Also, I doubt Power was actually aware and even if you made him aware....Power's under zero legal obligation to cater to your specific needs. If he wanted to ban you from the game or forums for any reason....see previous posts. Point is....you're coming off as somebody who has nothing to do but bitch and whine about this. There's other games you can play, too. Not just webl. But you know what, you carry on thinking Power's somehow making your situation worse without stopping to consider why...because you've not answered that many points, you've just come back with questions.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 08:27:56 (edited by Caccio72 2018-10-10 08:37:49)

Ok, then I shall try to present this differently:

Let's say you are a member of a community X.

And let's say you admire, adore cats, they mean everything to you, you would never allow them to be harmed.

However, the leader of that community announces one day, how a cat-torturing contest will be held, "just out of fun, for a joke", and the majority of the members vote for you own cat to start with.

Remember, they all knew, all the time, how fond you are of cats in general, and how much you adore your own, for you have repeated this to them multiple times so far.

But they will still bring their cruel decision, while totally ignoring your feelings.

How would you feel about it and react?

Wouldn't you feel as if they are abusing your feelings toward cats in general, including your own one at the 1st place?

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 08:31:24

No, because the leader(s) have final say on what goes on. See previous posts. Your example doesn't change anything, the fact you told them, apparently repeatedly.....just ads fuel to the fire, gives them more reason to (allegedly) mistreat you. Have you ever tried to se it from everyone else's point of view instead of your own?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2018-10-10 08:43:28

So, according to you then, my mistake was revealing to them, how after my vision loss, I escaped to the cyber world from the real one, and how online communications replace the real ones now for me, so that's why they mean so damn much to me?

Was it really a mistake telling this to a community, who one trusts and wishes to spend a lot of time with?

Thumbs up