2018-10-09 06:48:53

@24, agreed. If you don't like how AV/AM software complains about BGT games perhaps you should consider not playing BGT games altogether? Adding exceptions to your AV software is only opening up holes to which hackers will happily exploit.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-09 10:33:24

You know,I I wouldn't be amazed in the near future if MS removed the ability to turn off Windows Defender or made it harder to turn off for home users honestly. MS has little reason to remove the false flagging of BGT games, they got bigger fish to unflag  first. BGT is way, WAY down the list.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-10-09 11:30:02

they will remove  the false detection about bgt games alright, but people have to pay them a huge money to do so

2018-10-09 15:29:04

@28, no, they won't. Its not a high priority on any AV/AM vendors list of priorities. An AV/AM vendor isn't going to modify its signature database just so you can play some games. There are far much worse things that they need to identify and catch before they'll ever consider BGT as even remotely being possible to unflag, and considering how fast the AV/AM industry moves, you should just forget the possibility -- it won't happen in our lifetimes.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github