2018-09-19 18:20:19

@Aaron, yes, Nuance have updated the vocaliser addon so that it works fine with Nvda 18.3, so long as you have the latest version of it, that is vocaliser expressive driver 3.013 it works fine.

I updated NVda to 18.3 last night and everything is working without a hitch.

Actually as pitermach said, none of my addons have stopped working which I'm glad about.

Btw, what exactly is! Nvda remote anyway?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-19 18:28:52

NVDA remote is sort of like Jaws Tandem, in that it allows you to control another machine through your machine. Anyone can use the relay server which is nvdaremote.com, but other people have made more private ones. Basically, one machine will start theirs, set it to allow this machine to be controlled, type in or generate a key, then give it to their buddy, who will input the key, set theirs to control another machine and connect. They press F11 and everything they do goes through to that machine. It is also useful for controlling two of your own machines. Let's say you have a laptop, and a desktop, you use the laptop for business related stuff, and the desktop for gaming and entertainment. You're already at the desktop, and don't really feel like going down to the laptop, if the laptop is already connected, you can just pop into it, grab a document you might need, and attach it to an email on your desktop. I think a few people do this, whenever they're home, their machines are connected. You can actually even use one machine for a server, so you can run your own private one.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-19 19:01:03

Well I've not heard of Jaws tandum, but that sounds sort of like teamviewer for NVda.

since my laptop is about twenty miles away at my parents and usually switched off, it probably wouldn't be as much help for me.
I suppose I could set it up with my lady, though I'm not really sure what we'd use it for since mostly what we transfer between machines is books and music, and its easy enough to just bang those on a spare external passport drive, plus of course its not as though walking up or down stairs is exactly difficult.

Then again it might be handy for Manamon trading I suppose big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-09 10:42:25

Moderation!

And again tmstuff000, stop with the cracks or get banned from the forum.