2018-10-07 18:41:58

Hello, I just want to let you all know, I’ve been trying to download a few games, four instance, private detective school, or press your luck. When I go there,  and tried to go to the site, or download the game,  it says “can’t reach this page”. My guess is, that the link is either incorrect, or is broken.   Does anyone know what the issue could be?

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2018-10-07 18:47:26

Private detective school hasn't been available from the company for god knows how long, indeed I thought we had the license as Unknown?

Press your luck is one of the games of the late great and much missed Jim Kitchin.
its a bit odd I thought I updated the links to those not long ago.
Either way there is a link to the audiogames archive which hosts files for many audiogames and you can find the game there along with all of Jim Kitchin's other offerings.

I'll see about updating the db links to reflect this change (yee gods we always seem to be updating the links for Jim's games which is odd).

hth.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-07 19:02:56

@Dark Thanks. And one more question. Did you get my pm? And also,  how do I extract a 7Z file? It’s telling me to download winzip, which I do not feel like paying $30.00. I’m on a very limited budget, and still in school.

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2018-10-07 21:04:13

You'll probably have to update all of Jim Kitchen's games to point to the Audiogames Archive, his website went down a while ago.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-10-07 21:18:40

"tpk, was that the question about becoming an administrator? Since I'd already answered that in another thread.

"slender, I actually thought we'd already updated all of Jim kitchin's games from the archive, though I might be misremembering.
It won't be difficult to fix, just boring to do all that copying and pasting big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-08 04:12:45

Nope, Press your Luck and some other games are still linking toJim's site.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!