2018-10-03 21:20:15

Hi. @flackers, I have a question. How do you know if the license is really in your flash drive? I sent my license in my flash drive and it says something like moving. But after a few seconds, it's gone. But when I enter my flash drive, I don't see any license there. O yeah, I agree. I really need to contact waves. I hate this way of installing their products. I wish they just make it simple. An old way of installing there plug-ins, just like installing waves central.

2018-10-04 02:00:36 (edited by flackers 2018-10-04 02:09:17)

On my flash drive there's a waves folder with a licenses subfolder, and inside that there's a .wle license file. Bear in mind though, I already had it installed and working on my computer before I used waves central to move it to a flash. And I got a sighted person to give me a hand making sense of that waves central crap.

2018-10-04 17:58:04 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-04 18:35:09)

I don't exactly have a way to determine what slot is doing what for the plugin, however I tend to just turn  on and off the slot pedal and see what it changes, then make notes of that, and for future references.  Not all slots will be occupied on each stomp.    For most of this stuff, I don't really change much fo the default settings on some of the presets unless I feel it's necessary, but one, that I can assure you is probably a very much mandatory setup is the stop 2 combination of gate/compressor.  Slot 1 is the gate, and  control 1 of that slot is the actual gate threshhold, which is the most common one I adjust.

As for the tool rack, I don't really care to use it since it's no different than having the instances stored within the preset window where you can assign them, and plus, with the limitation of the rack, I could easily   completely open the flood gates of processes within the plugins windows alone, and an a/b switch is easily doable with  send processing, that way instead of getting confused,  you have a more clear idea of what you're doing.

Here's a setup example that I tend to use for some effects:

Track 1 is the main folder with whatever final stomps and amps in it I desire.
Track 2 is the "A" switch with whatever stomps and amps in it, sending to track 1
Track 3 is the "B" Switch with whatever stomps and amps  I want in it sending to track 1, and is also the end of the folder
Track 4 is the input recording track with whatever I desire into it, and sends to tracks 2 and 3.

It seems like much, but this way gives me much more control over what I'm doing and what I want.  Also, the whole process tree can be compressed into a folder.  IF you want to put track 4 into the folder with 1,2, and 3, be sure it's not sending directly to track 1.  You can then control your a/b switching by the levels

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-04 19:33:29

Hmm. That does seem like a lot... as a guitarist, I would probably just load one instance of the stomp before an instance of the amp right on the track where I would be recording my dry guitar. That way I can reamp and hear the same audio played with diferent presets. But that's good to kmnow you don't use much of the toolrack... I couldn't make heads nor tails of it. And your routing chain got a little too complicated for me... I'm nowhere near that level yet. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-04 22:00:35

AH so, @G-rad, in track for, it is where you armed your track for recording and send it to track 2 and 3? Well it's a little bit complicated though but I wanna try this one. And there are 2 switches? The
"a and B" switches? I wonder what contains those switches like in "a, we have reverb or something like that?

2018-10-05 00:07:00

The A and B switches would essentially be sending the signal through a set of processes, like here's an example

Say the guitar in question wants a chorus and flange effect, they want both, but they don't want chorus on the flange or vise versa.  that's what the a/b switch would basically do.  the signal'd go into the switch, then the a side would go to the chorus, and the B side would go into the flange, then they would both output to the amp.

and yes, track 4 would be the track you'd arm for recording.l

@assaultfreak,  yeah most times I do a simple stomps into amp setup on a single track,   that example was just one I used if I wanted something ridiculous.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 01:25:16

The reason I go with the toolrack is that it comes with hundreds of full set up presets. That is to say, presets that have stomps before the amp, an amp setup specifically tailored to the FX that are in front of it, and then FX that sound best after the gain of an amp. Normally you wouldn't want things like modulation, delay and reverb in front of an overdriven amp. The toolrack not only saves you the trouble of inserting three plugins to achieve the before and after FX, but the preset applies to all three stages as a single sound. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just saying why I think the toolrack is a useful part of GTR3. You'd only really need half a dozen golden cursor points on the stomps screen to take advantage of it.

2018-10-05 04:18:32 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-05 04:20:48)

when I opened the tool rack, when browsing the presets, I only had default, and that was it.  is there something I'm missing?

Maybe I need to check into that all to make sure I didn't not reload something wrong or whatever.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 07:28:49 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-05 08:22:58)

Yeah, I don't have any presets in Reaper either when I load the toolrack plugin... other than the default. So unless there is something we are both missing, I'll have to sandwich the amp between two stomp instances... but there again with the stomps, you can't even change which peddle you're using in Reaper, not that I've found. I did find the xps files for what seems to be all the toolrack presets. But I can't figure out how to use them in Reaper. The toolrack's interface that is mentioned by Flackers, which is also mentioned in the documentation for the plugin, doesn't display in Reaper, or is purely visual and undetectable  by NVDA. Flackers, when you run the toolrack, do you run the plugin or the standard application?

2018-10-05 13:42:59 (edited by flackers 2018-10-05 14:14:54)

When you open the toolrack window, and then OCR or whatever to click load to open the preset menu, the file that is loaded as default is called something like 01 GTR toolrack presets. There are 5 other preset files you can load manually. They are something like 02 clean, 03 dirty, 04 heavy, 05 bass, and 06 sci-fi and effects. The default toolrack preset file is a selection taken from these 5 other preset files, so you'll have a few clean, dirty, heavy, etc, but the other preset files have some more of those specific types, so you'll get quite a few more clean or dirty presets to choose from. With the toolrack window open, click load and the top option is open preset file. This opens file explorer, so you can browse to the other preset files, or ones you might have created yourself. On my PC the file path is something like . C:\Program Files x86\Waves\Data\Waves GTR\Presets\GTR. Choose one of the other preset files and open it. Now when you click to open the load menu this time, you'll have a selection of presets specific to whatever type you opened. And like I said, they're all full setups. They sometimes have things you wouldn't think of doing like having a compressor before the amp, and another compressor after.
When you insert the toolrack plugin and go to its window, by default, you're in the stomps window. If you did a golden cursor for the load menu, and one for each of the dropdowns for the 7 slots, 6 stomps and 1 amp, you could load presets, and by clicking the slot dropdowns, find out what if anything, is in the slots, and by writing down what controls each stomp has, you could tweek stuff using the parameters list. Whatever stomp is occupying a slot, it will say unavailable in the dropdown. There are also delete, and move left and right. . If it doesn't say delete or move left adn right, the slot must be empty. If all you have in the list are move left and move right, that's the amp. That's the other thing, you would have access to moving stuff around in the virtual pedal board because move left and right are options in the menu. This would be quite a lot of control over the toolrack. It has all kinds of other stuff like routing and tempo. and the amps window of course has all the controls for the two amps plus a few dropdowns for amp presets, and mic and cabinet selection, but I tend not to bother much with any of this stuff, apart from maybe setting the tempo sometimes to take advantage of the sync feature of the delay. Maybe this is why the toolrack seems like a mess when nothing is labelled in the parameters list.

2018-10-05 14:09:19

bIf our screen resolutions and our plugins loading method matches, I wonder if you could donate the access points for golden cursor.

I'm at 1920x resolution, ad the fx are loaded in the standard view, not bridged, and I always maximize my windows when using golden cursor.   This is how I"m successfully able to use addictive drums 2 almost completely.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 14:49:18

The trouble is I'm using jaws scripts to access those dropdowns, and they rely on a resolution of 1280x768. My graphics card doesn't seem to support screen resolution as high as yours, but even if it did, my jaws scripts would probably stop working and I wouldn't be able to find the menus. And my FX window isn't maximized. I just float it, and it seems to stay in the same position. The best I could do for now would be to give the cursor position of the load menu relative to the top and left edges of the GTR VST window in a resolution of 1280x768, and see if by some miracle you can find the menu using those. It's 884, 58. If you can get it from that, I'll give the ones for the slots too. But I'll be amazed if that info is useful. Think you probably best to get sighted.

2018-10-05 14:56:38

hmm, yours probably stays int he same place because it takes up the whole screen, 1280 is a subpar resolution these days, and I find that having a larger screen resolution has always been more beneficial for me, but that's just me.  I'm gonna try something using math to ee if that helps.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 15:10:53

LOL wow, yeah that didn't work out as well as I'd hope.  but yeah once I find the resolutions for the gc locations I will share them for anyone using NVDA and want to use this with my resolution.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 16:03:43 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-05 16:19:25)

Before I do anything else, do I have to load the GTR toolrack in Reaper as a bridged plugin to get that window to show up at all? In the Reaper I see something marked as Unknown which I am guessing is the fx UI... but using OCR doesn't show me anything, it just says that it's a blank document. And running OCR in the standalone application gives this.

gVPRSS
npu
ooooooooooooooooo
ouvp
oooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooo

Definitely would appreciate GC points if any once they're figured out, and once I learn how to actually use Golden Cursor. lol Would love to be able to use this instead of using multiple instances of other plugins that will hog resources. Thanks Flackers for the explanation.. now I just have to figure out how to actually access everything you're talking about. tongue

PS: Windows 10 OCR, in the standalone app, does show me a file and help menu. But I can't seem to click on the file menu where I assume the load preset option is... lol

2018-10-05 19:12:54

YEah that's what I see when I focus the window in  standard plugin mode, and get exactly what you mention.  I am going to see if I can get some help regarding at least getting the load menu, and if I do, again, I"ll share the GC positions.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 19:35:20

That'd be great! I'm also at 1920x1080 resolution, if that makes a difference...

2018-10-05 20:04:51 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-06 01:30:39)

okay good, then this will help.

1090, 105 is where mine is set.  this is with the plugin loaded normally, not bridged, and with the window maximized (winkey + Up arrow)  It will mention a context menu and presets will be there.    I've not gone into a whole lot just yet, I imediately posted this as soon as I found it and confirmed the presets to be there.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-05 20:23:58

Weird... this won't let me move past 1919x1075. What am I missing here? Thanks for pointing out the coordinates... now I just have to figure out how to get there. Any thoughts on why this isn't letting me? Are you in landscape or portrait?

2018-10-05 22:37:59 (edited by flackers 2018-10-05 22:43:37)

I was messing around with GTR toolrack using reaper's parameters list, and this is just a little heads up about the delay. I found it really confusing, but I've got to the bottom of it now. You can use the slot bypass parameter to turn each slot on and off, and this way you could easily find which slot has the delay in it, or any of the other FX of course. Once you've found the delay. control 1 is mix, i.e, how loud the delayed sound is compared to the guitar. Now here's where it gets confusing. Control 2 and 3 are both the time control, i.e, the speed of the repeats. The reason there are two controls dedicated to the same thing is that it changes depending on whether you have sync turned on or off. The sync toggle is control 4. 0% is off, 100% is on. With sync turned off, the time is controled by control 2 and is in milliseconds. With sync on, time is now controlled by control 3 and is in beat subdivisions, 16ths etc. So if control 4 is set to 0, sync is off, and time is changed using control 2, and control 3 does nothing because it only comes into affect when sync is turned on. Conversely, when sync is turned on, control 2 does nothing and time is controlled by control 3. Control 5 is the low cut. This controls how dark the delayed sound is. control 6 is feedback. And control 7 is the stereo. This governs the width of the stereo sound. I don't know what controls 8 and 9 do. I have a feeling there might be a tap tempo button that I didn't bother scripting. Given the fact I can use the jaws scripts to read the values to determine what's going on when you change controls in the parameters list, if there's anything you want to know about any of the parameters, let me know, and I'll see if I can figure it out.

2018-10-06 00:21:27 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-06 00:24:15)

assault_freak wrote:

Weird... this won't let me move past 1919x1075. What am I missing here? Thanks for pointing out the coordinates... now I just have to figure out how to get there. Any thoughts on why this isn't letting me? Are you in landscape or portrait?

That's because you are starting with  zero instead of one.  Therefore zero to 1919 is 1920 pixels, as well as 0 to 1079 is 1080 pixels.  it's the same with midi.  it starts on zero and goes up to 127, which is 128 values.

You can use  NVDA + Windows + J to manually enter the coordinates.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-06 01:11:41 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-06 01:29:58)

But even doing that won't let me  enter 2090, 105 as those are beyond the maxmum values... sorry about this. NEver actually used GC before. I hope I'm not missing something simple.. I just can't seem to get beyond those values. Thanks Flackers for the tip about the delay!

2018-10-06 01:30:03 (edited by G-Rad 2018-10-06 01:31:57)

That was supposed to be 1090 not 2090,  I just now realized that.  whoops.

That typo threw you off.  I apologize sincerely,   I did fix the original  message as well, so that way it will not confuse others that stumble upon this.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-10-06 01:35:03 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-06 02:59:43)

oh lol. Ok.. that's what I was wondering. With a screen resolution of 1920 how were you supposed to get to 2090? big_smile

Edit: Just tried those coordinates... and no dice. Neither left clicking or right clicking, both with the NVDA command nor with the actual mouse, brings up a context menu. The fx window is maximized, however.

2018-10-06 03:26:30

are you loading the tool rack or solo tool rack?  Do you have a means of contact off the board?  We can chat there so I can help you if needed.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel