2018-10-04 20:31:18

I like the tab idea to circle round buildings with workers and I like the backspace idea to zero out the workers just in one spot.  There is a visual bug with some of the adding worker questions spilling off a narrow screen.  Meaning I will have to do another small update anywayss, so if I get it together I will put it in there, like I put in the X key that now zeros all workers not travelling.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-10-04 21:01:30

I also connect to this discussion and I agree with key to get 0 workers to every locations.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-10-04 21:05:33

Defender, you have the job, the game has wave files you can easily mod.  Please send me your contributions and I will be the first to credit you.

2018-10-04 23:01:31

I wasn't asking for the job, but I'll see what I can do. LOL

2018-10-04 23:51:46

Hi all
First thing I’d like to say is, Rocky you made a great, awesome game. I’m getting tons of hours playing it... even it pisses me off sometimes.
I noticed a little thiny bug, i think. For example, let’s say we have 99 villagers, send 10 to easten roads, we have 89. When the villages return with 4 peasants, we have 93 villagers... so where did the other 6 villagers go? Did they took  off to the road, remained there, build an underground residence defended by nanorobotic wolves which can shoot red lasers from theyr eyes?
That I don’t know. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this sometimes is pissing me off, cause whenever I need that extra bit of workforce, those 6, 7, 8 villagers  go into the underground nanorobotic residence.
smile
Hope I could help and again, great game

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2018-10-05 00:14:02

Yes please Defender.  And thankyou btw for the email of online sound resources.  Please redo any that really annoy you, alternatively, Send me a PM of the ones that annoy you the most and I will try to make the time to redo them.  This is actually my first attempt at mixing sounds, and many of those tiles and special events have 3 or 4 layers.  Some of the ambient ones are outdoors, hills, forest and crowds.  Clear wolf sounds were a particular pain to find.  Wind also seemed to sound like interference.  But taken as a whole, I am pretty chuffed with them.   Same goes for my low vision graphics.  I have put in a hotkey to swap the menu sound scheme, and it is possible to do the same for the whole set of game sounds also.  So alternative sound schemes are a real possibility, same goes for spacey vaders, if any sound designer wants to take that one on.

2018-10-05 00:25:07

@80 this is going to sound confusing but i'll try to explain. if you have for example 100 workers and you send 10 away to hungry village, it will still show that you have 100 workers but reduce the amount of workers you have available to allocate. when they come back, if they bring 6 workers, you will now have 106, but the amount you can use for tasks will go up by 16. I tried this earlier to double check and worked fine as far as I could tell. i hope that makes sence.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-05 08:39:35 (edited by defender 2018-10-05 08:42:11)

Hmm, actually now I look at the sound files them selves, allot of those are quite good!
So definitely an improvement in your sound design skills since space invaders, which is cool.
Unfortunately a few of the more low quality ones I can't do much about because their layered like you said, and I'd want to keep your original sound as well.
Take dragon.wav and hills and hills with outlaws and marketplace, I don't have that birds sound by it's self like I do with chaff robin, do you still have a copy somewhere?
Also the awesome flute sounds, some of them cut off weird, like purchase item.wav and especially exit menu.wav, and not much I can do without the originals, at least not easily. It works well for scroll up.wav though.

2018-10-05 09:42:33

Hello
A little spoiler comes
I've completed the game and I still did not finish the quest find Wandas lost toad. I have workers everyywhere, so could I get a little help about this?
I had a few hours fun playing this game, compliments from my side.
Thank you in advance for your answers

Stella rossa di Belgrado
We Love you Red Star, we do

2018-10-05 13:57:19

lol defender it seems, you already said the things that need to be said tongue
almost, all of the sounds are cool but the ambiences needs a bit improovement, also er, will give a sound list

catfound.wav if you add a liddle fade out effect to the end, that can be cool, i some times feel it and say whaaaat.

finishHouse.wav
the other croud ambience starts before the bird one and it causes some wierdniss. but if you still have the original status of their sounds, you can fix that easyly

hammerRepairs.wav
the end of this sound is wierd, if you cut that things can be a bit more good
watchtower.wav
i have the better version of that arrow sound, its quolity is better then this.

tahts all the all for now
keep up the good work friend

2018-10-05 14:53:43

hi guys
also quest problem.
i didn't find the magic ring. i have a staff only and the red dragon still burn down my building.
any help?

2018-10-05 19:53:07

Second little update, Dragon village 1.2 , is now on my website.  It has a bug fix where some text was spilling off some screens.  It also has some handy hotkeys to speed up worker placements.  The TAB key will cycle round buildings with workers and the BACKSPACE key will zero workers at your current location.  thankyou Firefly for this suggestion.  Also, as per IronCross's suggestion, the X key will reset your whole workforce.  Hopefully, this will speed things up for players who want to move on faster.

2018-10-05 20:52:55

I'm a little late, but I have downloaded this and look forward to giving it a try. Thanks for the game, it sounds great so far.

Stevie-3

2018-10-06 06:42:24

I've just completed the game on interesting. Will  have to do a higher difficulty run.
Skip to the end heading for end of spoilers.

Possible Spoilers

Yeah, the toad is kind of odd, but when you get it, you'll understand. The ring I figured out from Rocky's bout of random posting. The goat was just lucky, and the staff came from my paranoia about missing events. The witch, when all of her quests are complete, makes a lot of the challenges pointless. The easier missions,  like the cat and herbs and mushrooms, in particular get rid a lot of the moor troublesome elements that have your workers just die. The wolves are still kept to a good fight, even with the wolf poison, and speaking of wolf poison, you should add a similar item for bandits,  Rocky. If you haven't already. I'm still playing the original release.

end

All in all, a good game. When I get more time, I hope to play a bit more.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-10-06 06:43:38

It's a fun one. Played it today and it's awesome!

2018-10-06 08:01:34

Hi,
Been playing this when I get time and must say I love it.
I usually suck at such games though, still love em anyway. smile
Seems like I need to find many things out still, haven't figured how to get the which although
Spoilers alert!

spoiler wrote:

probably the tavern has her.

Last game I played I was executed by the king because I got my village destroyed by the dragon.
Because I haven't figured how to get the wood and stone yet besides from the merchent which is quite expensive.
I almost had the missions done, though. cleared the outlaws away, almost killed all the wolvs and the kings country house was almost 80% done.
And The dragon came and layed waste to the houses, village stores and the blacksmiths. The beep hit the fan when the dragon burned down my fields and the bakery lol
Still, I enjoyed what I played of it,and hope I'll do better this time round.
As long as I figure out the whitch, the stone and wood early on, though.
Thankee rocky for a wonderful game!
P.S all the sounds that I have heard so far are pretty good. I'd rate them 90 out of 100 if I were nitpicking.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-10-06 12:29:14

I like this ghame, however, I am unsure how to check my buildings and I have come across no npcs or quests or lumber or anything, really. I am on day 15. I must be missing some hotkeys or something. LOL
Thanks for this game and I could use a few tips as far as how to check my buildings and mine stone and chop lumber.
Best,
A

2018-10-06 13:01:38

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
spoilers!

@91 put some people on tavern  someone will come and ask you to help him mine stone or cut wood

2018-10-06 18:16:03

ok i found toad but don't have idea for magic ring and goat.

2018-10-07 05:43:49

Hi,
slight spoilers ahead.
This round of my playthrough is going resonably well. I have the food situation in controll, a decently sized population, have completed all missions but of that of the dragon! the Toad, the ring and the goat is still missing though.
I would like to try an experiment though, I was wondering is there a save file I can backup before I go about messing this game up?

Also, spoilers.

spoilers wrote:

I have the black dragon to deal with, the book says the kings cavalry and the gods can help me with this type of dragon, but my question is how? my ratings with the gods and the king is at around 400 I am thinking it needs to be at least 500 before some event triggers?
sending to the king for help through the south bridge just results in stupid archors looking for wolvs when there are none.

spoilers end.

Any hints tips welcome.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-10-07 17:18:20 (edited by grryfindore 2018-10-07 17:18:44)

Hi,
  Update to the previous post and a request for help. lol
I can't for the life of me figure out how to deal with that dragon, or at least

spoilers wrote:

how I would go aboutt asking the king for the cavalry and the gods for help against the thing?

day 99, really good with food and have villagers everywhere, but still can't figure out how to find her toad, the goat and the ring...
Thank you for your help in advance.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-10-08 04:25:46 (edited by SirBadger 2018-10-08 04:27:02)

@96 you just need to get your rating with the king and the gods up.

spoilers:
there are things you can buy from the merchant to help. and remember there are 2 buildings you have there to help you. they should be kind of obvious when you think about it. I think the king likes presents too but I can't remember if that works or not.

2018-10-08 04:35:33

Hi,
spoilers ahead
Thank you, SirBadger
The thing is, my rating is about 800 with both, I have been keeping the chirch and the kings country house to their max capacity.
I guess its just a matter of time.
I have also bought everything from the merchent that can be bought with gold wink
Major spoilers.
Could you give me a few hints about the ring and the toad though? looks like the goat is well quite well hidden...
I would've thought the place for the toad would be the river and I have fishermen deployed there for quite a while. the goat either the forest or the farm, unless the wolvs ate the dam thing. lol. the ring I have no clue about. would've thought the merchent would have it, but no go.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-10-08 05:09:27

@98 there are some hints about the toad already on here but i'll give you a clue:

S P O I L E R S

think about what the witch said. if he's not in the river, where else could he be?

she says the last time the river flooded she lost her toad.

as for the others, I'm not sure I should give too many clues. see if you can figure it out. on the black dragon you don't need the ring anyway. the goat's handy though.

2018-10-08 07:44:26

Hi.
I finally got time to try the game, and I like it a lot. Awesome and challenging gameplay. I messed it up and only survived to day 21. Lol. I'll keep playing the game until I beat it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen