2018-01-31 17:15:34

Me too. I'm really excited about this one.

2018-02-04 18:24:32

Just a little correction on the guest characters, Soul Caliber, broken destiny for the PSP has Kratos, God of War.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-02-05 09:32:54

Where are you correcting? Don't think anything about BD actually came up... but that was a cool inclusion. I was specifically speaking about SC 4, didn't even think of that port. lol Thanks for the reminder.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-20 13:28:45

for anyone interested, here is the first 8 minutes of gameplay for the libra of souls story mode. this one might not be playable, but if anyone wants to hear how the gameplay is like, here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFYVFOOLIDQ

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-09-20 13:40:13

Hi,
Not surprising when it comes to playability really, but one thing I will say is wow, they did not skimp on the music, I love it.

2018-09-20 16:04:56

Don't know why the playability of this is being doubted.. it sounds like a lot of menu scrolling , at the very worst some movement on a map... but there's no open world navigation which means that this mode will be passable at the very least.

2018-09-21 19:32:59

Well, Libra of souls looks to be a mission mode, and though there's a map for missions, it seems to be navigable as ther's no actual walking. At least, judging by the preview I saw today from a french youtuber. Soul chronicles seems to be divided in two, with a main story and character specific stories, like tekken 7. But apparently, the character specific stories are much bigger than just one episode and fight as it was in Tekken. Everything is voice acted in this mode, though I don't know if the character specific modes will be cutscenes or stills with text and voiceovers.

2018-09-21 20:10:20

has anyone heard of the new chronicles of the sword gameplay? if not, the link that I'll give you here is a 15 minute demo of geralt ovrivia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9rRB8RGWKs&t=661s

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-09-21 20:24:56

I would recommend taking out the time stamp so people can watch rom the beginning... right now the video starts at 11 minutes or so. And that's definitely very good... I like it! But as I suspected, mostly narrated voie acting, and though I can't see, I'm guessing with still pictures and the occasional animated frame or two.

2018-09-22 17:13:21

Online beta test happening next weekend!

There's going to be a network test of the game next weekend, from the 28th to the 30th, I believe. Ranked match will be available along with 19 characters and 15 or so stages. Looking forward to rying it myself!

2018-09-22 18:31:30

Hi
I hope to check out the online beta too. I've also seen some more Soul Chronicle gameplay which got removed before I had the chance to post it, and again it was fully voice acted. I also like how even the character stories have voice acting for multiple characters, you can see this in Geralt's story too. As for the other bit I saw, well I am happy it's been removed for now because I think it accidentally revealed an encounter that hasn't been announced. This was definitely part of the main story, and what I will say is I skipped through quite a lot of the scenes on purpose and just focused on the combat portions, and even that is quite interesting because some of the fights have the characters talking to each other as you battle.

2018-09-22 22:52:08

Characters talking to each other during fights is cool, but hardly anything new... Tekken already did that. And none of this, although cool, is a surprise really. Thanks for sharing those tidbits... nice to know that will all be present in the game. Pity you didn't download the audio at least for posting.

2018-09-23 17:12:56

Can't believe there is stil one more month until release! Well, just a litle less than that. Anyone have any ideas of who they are going to play as?

2018-09-26 05:23:04

Reminder for everyone to download the network test client this Thursday! At least, if you want to get an early chance to jump at the game and see what it looks like. Very excited for this... it's been way too long since I played an SC game...

2018-09-26 22:00:46

I'm not too sure who I will be playing as, I will probably end up having sc be a more casual experience for me. I am very excited about it, looking forward to the story modes however they may be, and I hope there will be a soundtrack. I've preordered collector's edition Efrom Amazon uk which says digital soundtrack, which seems to be a bit different from the US one, so we'll see.

2018-09-26 22:35:01

The US one has the soundtrack on disc.

2018-09-26 22:38:49

Haven't really decided how casual I am going to have this game be yet for me. This may be the one to make me want to play a little more online... but I say that for everything coming ut. lol

2018-09-27 00:53:58

I am looking forward to hopefully going a few rounds with the beta, or maybe even just 1 particularly as it's ranked so I won't be able to choose who I'm fighting against, but I am definitely going to try to play it.

2018-09-27 03:46:14

Sirvontis is my guy, and I can't wait to play this!

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-09-27 07:07:04

Can't decide. Balanced Mitsurugi, speed and agility with Taki, or a bit more speed and reach with Raphael. All three are favourites of mine.

2018-09-27 07:49:33

Oh man, I'm so Hyped! Talim and Kilik are my go tos. Really looking forward to trying out Geralt.
This weekend will be fun!

fantasy world creationist

2018-09-27 14:15:43

I'm very excited.  unfortunately won't be buying until late next month, so will be avoiding spoilers. smile  Also planning on dabbling in character creator with OCR to see if I can make anything resembling what I want style wise, if nothing else.

2018-09-27 18:31:07

Hi.
Well I don't really know who my main char will be because I never actually touched a SC game, SC 6 will be the first one for me.
i only read some stuff about the series, will have to see if I like the game style.
For example, is the special move system like you know it from street fighter and Mortal Kombat? How heavy is the emfersize on the weapons. I heard that every character has a weapon, but are they just special attacks or can we engage in sword duels with our opponents?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-09-27 19:54:49

Soul Calibur is a weapons-based fighting game. That means everything revolves around weapons... so no, they are not just special attacks. Characters fight only with their weapons, the kick button notwithstanding. And there are no special moves, so to speak. Every move is just a move, some are just flashier than others.

2018-09-28 17:38:30

The soulcalibur network test is live! But I haven't figured out how to start a match yet... if anyone makes any headway on this, let us know!