2017-09-16 13:38:20

I use Youtube-DLG 0.3.8. The 0.4 version broke accessibility, and the author of the program is looking into how he can improve accessibility. For now though, it suits my needs...no problems.

2018-09-10 05:54:53

@Hrvoje, could you re-posting the link?

2018-09-10 08:40:36

Consider this one if you don't want an application. I think it was posted once on this topic.
https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter

2018-09-10 11:59:41

I use ytbmp3.com  downloads videos or fulll playlists.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-09-15 15:25:05 (edited by x0 2018-09-17 02:41:54)

come on man. You people using these sites are asking to happen to them what happened to youtube-mp3. They really can't do anything to youtube-dl, so I would just use it if I were you. I use this batch file to download something I know a label won't bitch at me for, no copyright sounds. It converts to ogg for storage on portable purposes, but you could change the audio format part to mp3 if you like. You can just click this and it works.

@echo off
setlocal enableextensions
cd %~dp0
rem Welcome to ncs downloader!
rem This batch file will use youtube-dl, named youtubedl.exe, to download the entire no copyright sounds database from YouTube.
rem The download process will output to a folder named "no copyright sounds", but will also create a file named ncs_youtube.dat in the current directory to house existing downloads.
rem This measure is done to prevent having to download the entire playlist from scratch every time this file is run, as ncs is updated frequently.
rem please make sure that youtubedl.exe and ffmpeg.exe are present either in the current directory or in your path.
title downloading ncs playlist...
youtubedl -i --download-archive ncs_youtube.dat -f bestaudio -x -o "no copyright sounds/%%(title)s.%%(ext)s" --audio-format vorbis --audio-quality 160k https://www.youtube.com/user/NoCopyrightSounds
exit

You can look at post 22 for the links for ffmpeg.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-09-19 15:57:20

Okay, so YTBMP3 just shut down recently within the past couple weeks, ad I can't figure out that thing that XZero posted or I'm just not as much of a coder or whatever, so is there any way to grab a YT playlist?  I just want it to be mp3, and I've tried some of the suggested software with NVDA to find it's not accessible.    Unless I'm simply missing something.

Seems like this is becoming more and more difficult.    I found a site that allows for the playlist to be converted, but it only lets you download the tracks 1 at a time.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-09-20 15:59:12

@31,  can you help me a bit with this batch program?  I downloaded the 61mb thing y ou had and I was like "okay, what do I do from here?"  I am a bit unfamiliar with batching, but I've only done it a handfull of times, so I"m not as familiar.  so  if I could get a detailed list of what  to do and how to at least bring them up as mp3, I'd be greatful.    Thank you for your time.

PS: Sorry for double posting.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-09-23 03:20:00

it depends on what exactly you need help with. The text of that batch file i sent you would copy paste into an empty text file, then rename it from .txt to .bat. If you google youtube-dl, you will find a github page, you can find what they call win32 binaries. Download youtube-dl.exe. In the case of my batch file I renamed it to youtubedl so it's easier to type, but you could just as easily rename the statement in my batch to youtube-dl. Download the ffmpeg zip, then go to bin, then copy ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe, youtube-dl from the download, and this batch file into a new empty folder. Then press enter on the batch file. It should begin to download all of ncs. When it's done it will exit.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-09-26 19:11:45

Wait, who says Pontes media downloader doesn't work with playlists? I use it a lot and it does, unless there's a private or deleted video in the list or something, in which point it'll convert what it downloads up to the video before that unavailable video and crashes. In case of bad url in some playlists, it fails, but that doesn't occur often.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-09-27 00:36:51

youtube-dl's -i option is useful in that case.

----------

2018-09-27 05:33:04

or Youtube DL I want to grab a playlist, but it only ever grabs the irst video then stops, I use the -x --audio-format mp3 flags. Is there a related flag I'm missing here?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-09-27 18:11:15

oh fuck i was using music dl 0.3 but now i can't use it i can't download any music from youtube. This is very bad.

Yours kindly

2018-09-27 18:34:31

Pontes is wonky when it comes to playlists full of deleted or private videos. It just converts everything it downloaded and crashes

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-09-27 20:30:09

Okay, Youtube-DL is stupidly simple now I got it working. It's sort of awesom and I'm kicking myself for not discovering it sooner. Sriously, youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3 <youtube link> and that downloads, converts and gives you a title.

Or add -i and it'll skip deleted/missing videos.

Now, for those more knowledgeable bout Youtube-DL, can I point it to a channel and have it auto Dl all the uploads?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-09-27 22:24:59

Wait, youtube dl actually works with playlists?

2018-09-27 22:46:22

I don't quite grasp this, for some reason.  it's all infront of my face and seems easy, but for some reason, I'm just having hell trying to understand it.  says it requires this, this, one of these and this, but when I "get all this"  i"m puzzled.   if I could haver an example how to download a playlist I'm familiar with, like my  own, maybe that'd be easier to follow.    but otherwise I'm  kinda cnfused.  I don't understand why either, but then again, I never did much command line stuff ever, period.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-09-27 23:58:45

What troubles when it comes to youtube dl is the command line, yeah. I'm tryingto figure that out as well.

2018-09-30 20:46:18

the example I put up there about downloading NCS is how you can download a channel, or playlist. The reason youtube-dl may download the first video of a playlist and not the whole thing is the way YouTube formats links. If you look at the text of the copied link, it'll go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id&list=blahblah. You will want to remove the watch?v=id&, and replace it with playlist?. So now the link would be https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=blahblahblah

----------