2018-09-26 20:53:30

hi there,
holoween is coming and we really dont have that good things to play around for that season.
as some of you know, im a deasant sound designer.
and almost all of my greatest projects are about the monster and fantesy elemants.
so i dont have time to code a full newly build project but i can abel to do it from a scratch open sourced game.
in this week, some zA clones are spred out with the new names and fiew poor changes.
so, because of my limited time and up coming exams, i will going to use this source.
and im not that good programmer eather

so i need your pozetive and negative comments.
as well as some scarry music, i'M in to developing sounds, i'M not really a music guy anyway
so if someone abel to provide me a scarry and cool music i really appriciate it
so and the last one, i need monster ideas, im limited to werewolfs zombies, and maybe whiches.
more monsters means more content and more feer.
this isnt going to be a only killing game with zA concept, if i abel to  figure out how to do that, i'm planning to add the randomised stuff. random pit spawns, and as well as more interesting things that i dont want to point them right now.
so what do you people think about this?
so  i will start on this tomorrow if you guys want sort of thing.
i dont want to be known as a cloner or something because this thing isnt defenetly going to be a clone.
but please send your apinions, good or bad, i appriciate all of them.

2018-09-26 21:21:41

why can't we start from scratch?
If we can build up a team since it's opensource, I believe we can build something to gether.
This would also be a good way for  improve our collaboration skills.

Paul

2018-09-26 22:32:25

Na. I've tried that @pauliyobo many times, both directly and indirectly.
Must blind developers don't like or don't want to work together...
- NicklasMCHD

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-09-27 01:25:35

Why use ZA, their are other better open source options, even a map on 2DP or an environment with soundpack on scrolling battles would be better, because ZA makes you have to set everything up as a player before starting and all that, which is just lame.
It's basically just an AI simulator or tester of sorts.
You could even simply do a sound mod for a game that's not even one of Mason's, no need to limit your self to that, or a Swamp campaign or something, you can do allot in SCS without knowing much and the map maker is pretty good now.
Super Liam could be another option...

2018-09-27 08:09:38

defender,
i have fiew reasons to use za
1, i can create more detailed enemies with it for example, if i abel to integrate the bullet class to them, i can make a which that throws you dark nasty spels.
or random encounters. For example whyle you are moving peasfully, a hoard of enemies can appear.
you cant do sort of things in Sb or 2dp
pauliyobo, i'd like to do that but this is my first project, so that means your and myne programming skills are far diffrent from each other.
from that i heard, you are good at bgt, but ahem working with a newb like me might not be a good idea tongue

2018-09-27 11:04:45

@5, even if our skills are different you'd be able to provide sounds, which is quite good.
Plus, I could set up a basic environment, on which you can build up too. Or if we decide to work in multiple developers, we could set up a basic environment on which we can build up.

Paul

2018-09-27 11:19:16

sure, that works
if you also want it that way,
i prefer designing rather then coding haha, because i dont know that much things,
still learning though

2018-09-27 11:33:05

Well, if you want to do a serious project, no one said you're forced to be a coder.

Paul

2018-09-27 17:49:27

@pauliyobo
What language would we use for the game? I've been considering trying to throw something together for Halloween as well since we don't have many horror games.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2018-09-27 18:49:46

I can either use BGT or python. Up to you guys.

Paul

2018-09-27 21:09:02

hi pauliyobo,
i think we should try to work together.
we dont have anything to looze, and who knows a big thing can abel to come out from our colobiration.
so if you also up for it, we can start, at the weekend i will abel to access my main computer so i can abel to start designing sounds. But firstly i think we should decide what to do or not, so i dont really know where to start tongue

2018-09-27 21:25:51

I'd start by creating maybe a skype chat, or whatever where we can decide. And anyone who's willing to collaborate can join there. Just an idea.

Paul

2018-09-27 22:05:34

i already send you a skype request whyle ago for the sounds for the sbw or something but dont know what happenned after that.
and if you ask me, more people means more confusion and more management. If you think that you can manage the code bye your own that can be good. but if you arent abel to, do that. We can invite an other person. but i dont know that much trusty coders tongue. if you have friend or something want to join he-she can do that.

2018-09-27 22:36:13

huh. did you? let me check.

Paul

2018-09-27 22:37:48

sorry for double post.
Yep, I definitely can manage the code by my self, but I thought that could have been an occasion for putting up a project collaborating with other devs. But I see where you're coming from, in fact, I have trust issues my self regarding coding partners.

Paul