2018-09-26 19:40:04 (edited by sunshine 2018-09-26 19:43:30)

Oh, so the storyline is based on crime scene. Hmm. And what is the role of a player supposed to be? Is it an online role playing game, or multiplayer fighter one.
And Rand, go slowly. You're learning python? How long have you been learning it? If you're learning it from an year or so, then you should be easily able to make maps. If you've just now started, then why don't you clear the basic concepts first, then jump on game development?

2018-09-26 19:52:55

And then the man who was suppose to be victem got out of the hospital and shoots everything he finds in his path. Well spents, makes the best sense on earth.
Mahdi, I think you confuse yourself over that plot man. Who is who, what is what, and why does he have to do that? I honestly don't even gent parts of that so called story you came up with.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-09-26 19:57:17

I think we are supposed to be the robber. It seems like an RPG.

2018-09-26 20:07:02

well, at 26
i'll lern it after month's
and, I cant right what i'm looking for story: but, you'll be a man who robbed and he should life in world with anything, cause he lossed evrything cause big exploezhon after 2 months he came out from hospital, i'll add this end part to it

2018-09-26 20:12:08

here's my attempt at a translation from ten-year-old with bad English to English. a police investigator participating in a sting operation, or maybe just on patrol notices a suspicious person and follows them to a house, where said person proceeds to case, then rob the home owner solo. The police officer does nothing to stop this for some reason... maybe not enough backup? anyway. the home owner wakes up and confronts the robber do to the noise, and gets sprayed in the face with bear spray for his troubles. For what ever reason, afterwards the robber shoves the guy into a conveniently placed retail storage room and then flees the scene with the police, who have now finally shown up, in hot pursuit of his getaway vehicle. they managed to shoot out his tires, causing him to spin out. The police take the robber into custidy, then summarily execute him right their before he can face a court of law. Afterwards, they give the victom a ride to the hospital, as the ambulance still hasn't shown up for what ever reason

2018-09-26 20:14:41

Enough said but i'm going to say too. Lol!
Guys. Come on. For your own sakes stop kicking developers out. No matter if that dev is a new one or is an experienced one. Beginner developers can prove a lot better as the time passes, and experienced developers will do much better if we stop this childish behavior. Cloning others games and put your names as the owners, Insulting new developers while they are really seeking for some motivation to build themselves and prove better, All of these will do nothing but keeping developers away from making audio games.
Please note. Everything i said here isn't pointing at any special person. It's to all of "us". I'm sure i also did something like that, maybe 3 years ago, maybe 2 years ago or whatever so I'm not the best and idiot arrogant. I had to clarify this before I get shouted at heheh
Oh. This has "no relation" to mahdi being my countryman. Not, at all!
But I personally think that this game isn't a clone of anything. At least in its current offline form. I'm not saying that i like the game or i don't. But i haven't seen any game with such features offline. I'm not talking about sounds though. The game itself

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-26 20:21:04

i think one day, the main player went to  a house to  rob it,  then the cops chased him down, they woonded him and someone took him to hospital then when he was in the hospital, a nuklear  explosion  happened and     lots of men died. now you and a few people remain, and those other people are the AI/players

2018-09-26 20:34:17

Yeah but Kianoosh, it's Mahdi.
He's not like your average newbie developer, he's, well Mahdi.

2018-09-26 21:06:24

I wasn't talking specificly about mahdi. I meant every newbie developer. Well of course they ask a lot, They might release weird stuff but that's their start. This happens a lot more with those who can't speak english and who don't understand english very well

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-26 23:16:58

Okay, so this does run, but it has the music from q9 if I am not mistaken, plus sounds from all other games, but no worries... though at least you do have an original start up logo sound. Where is the store supposed to be? there are no enemies or anything happens when you start the game play its just a map with a bunch of random terrain. Also, the constant beep beep beep beep.. at random .. I just have no idea what that even means. Right, the speaker test sound is too long. The bike does work, the position is reported accurately, but then there is nothing else that is really exciting, so its just a prototype, not a playable game and that should have probably been in the dev room if you wanted people to test it out.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-09-27 01:02:29

I'm going to point this out again, since people apparently still haven't understood this: stop throwing the word clone around like its cotton candy. I wish people would actually! start providing tangible evidence that proves things are clones rather then saying, "Oh, its a clone, I know its a clone, but I can't show you how since I can't release that info." Well, too bad -- if you can't give me tangible evidence that proves your case (i.e. code segments and evidence you've done at least a preliminary code audit on both copies -- the original and the "clone"), I won't believe you. Stop using this damn word like its everyday language, and please, for the love of god, next time you consider throwing around that word, gather evidence -- lots, if necessary -- then post all of it so the community can have a nice, close look at all of it. This cloning BS is getting out of hand, and frankly I'm getting irritated by seeing these indefensible accusations being thrown around. Defend your position of "its a clone" with evidence that we all can look at, or don't make the accusation at all. No buts, no ifs, end of story.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-09-27 01:17:43 (edited by defender 2018-09-27 01:18:12)

Yeah agreed, people need to be using the dictionary definition of the word clone, to avoid confusion, since 80% of what we call a clone is just a near clone or less, since we can't see or for most of us understand, the changes that have been made in the actual code. And since this is open source, it's basically a non issue anyway.
The actual issue comes in when things that should be in the dev room are instead in new releases, which again is mostly on the mods.
Also, using widely recognizable sounds from other games is tacky, lazy, and deserves criticism, regardless of how the other guy got them int he first place.
Either way, releasing a practice game or prototype as a new game is just bad for the community and bad for your learning process as a new coder anyway, as it's just lots of extra stress you don't need when everyone expects you to be able to add things or fix bugs quickly when you barely know how to make the thing run.

2018-09-27 05:42:41 (edited by pranam 2018-09-27 05:54:22)

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

mentioning names in your topic, is  a good way to ask for trouble and  officialy anounce that you want these people to spam your topic.
now how to   stop people from spamming your topic and getting away from trouble.
edit your post, remove their name and make it like  because of posts being too much or because of     spam in the  previous topic, i decided to make this new topic.
@best audio gamer and fredd you guys really need to grow up.

Oh really, are we behaving like kids? No, we aren't. Your friend, mahdi abedi is behaving like a kid and posting his useless games again and again. Well @dark, why aren't you giving warnings to mahdi abedi? You have given him 2 official warnings, don't they count to a ban? I think this is enough.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-09-27 06:20:50

well i'm sorry I was did big thing, I didn't sed play 3d item.ogg,, i used 2d play

UltraLeetJ wrote:

Okay, so this does run, but it has the music from q9 if I am not mistaken, plus sounds from all other games, but no worries... though at least you do have an original start up logo sound. Where is the store supposed to be? there are no enemies or anything happens when you start the game play its just a map with a bunch of random terrain. Also, the constant beep beep beep beep.. at random .. I just have no idea what that even means. Right, the speaker test sound is too long. The bike does work, the position is reported accurately, but then there is nothing else that is really exciting, so its just a prototype, not a playable game and that should have probably been in the dev room if you wanted people to test it out.

2018-09-27 06:22:40

thumbs up post 31, and thanks for helping me to make better and better the story!

2018-09-27 06:29:23

dark, please remove closed topic about tlw, thanks
i'm working in weapons, and I need fire sounds and draw: who can help me please?

2018-09-27 06:44:44

Moderation!

To everyone saying who and who should not be banned and basically telling the mods what to do.
This forum is not intended as  some sort of Nazi police state where anyone who disagrees with someone else, or anyone who holds a different opinion, or anyone who makes a game that isn't as good as it could be, or even anyone who is slightly annoying gets themselves banned.

this forum is intended as a place for free speech and free exchange of ideas and a shared love of games, indeed the only time mods interfere is when people get in the way of that by serious personal attacks or promoting theft of audiogames.

So, if there is a legitimate! post which is a problem, Ie it involves a personal attack, report it to the mods, don't sit around and start saying who or what is bad, or spam the mods with private messages saying that because you personally dislike someone someone should go, or declaring that person so and so should be banned from the forum.
Similarly, if you think a game is using stolen code, well report it to the game's own developer and have him/her contact us. All the throwing around accusations and strange audio recordings in the world won't do you any good at all.
Actually Ethin is correct that the term "clone" seems to have just become these days a general swearword on the forum, which is unhelpful to everyone.

About the matter of game quality, that is exactly the same. People can! post practice games to new releases if they want, we make no guarantee any game anyone posts will be any good or in a finished state, such matters are up to the game's own developer, heck in the past posting prototype versions for people to try, public betas and even public alphas was quite a common practice, heck I remember swamp when it was a closed arena with one sort of zombie, one gun, and a two minute time limit.

So, might I suggest that people stop all the complaints and get back to what this topic is actually for, discussing Mahdi's game, offering criticism and trying to hopefully help the game become better in the future.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-27 10:51:07 (edited by pranam 2018-09-27 10:51:36)

Hello,
Yes, I do agree, but Mahdi only tagged me in the starting post as saying a spammer, can't you read that post or you are just against me and planning to ban me from here? Don't know why, I'm thinking something is wrong...

Best regards
Pranam

2018-09-27 10:57:44

yes, you are here, its rong
i'm against you, cause you are against me

2018-09-27 11:00:41

no one is going against each other.

2018-09-27 11:13:06

hi. there was this big list of sound sites on undeadstrike topic. unfortunately that post was lost when that topic was deleted. do you think you could re-post that here?

2018-09-27 11:16:28

this post is directed to the few people who want to know the story.from what it says in the readme, you are a random dude who is told by another psychopathic random dude to kill the world so he can have control of the sky. then, he'll give you the world to have control of, plus a million bucks. I honestly don't see the point of controlling a world where every single human being is lifeless, but yeah, there ya go.

2018-09-27 11:40:20

pranam i don't have any friends, i'm just trying to save audio games from  being turned into anyaudio.net

2018-09-27 11:48:14

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

pranam i don't have any friends, i'm just trying to save audio games from  being turned into anyaudio.net

Hmm, Who turned anyaudio.net as such?

Best regards
Pranam

2018-09-27 11:50:33

mahdi-abedi wrote:

yes, you are here, its rong
i'm against you, cause you are against me

Well, See, your lack of understanding again. Nothing is to say because your are against me. But if you don't mind, can you tell us what and why were you sending pm to admins/moderators. Are you this much scared child?

Best regards
Pranam