2018-09-14 08:52:37

So now with Emu Paradise gone, I'm starting to mis retro games... and trying to find emulators. The latest version of Mame still seems to be inaccesible. does anyone have any alternate suggestions and how tos to set things up again? Desperately wanting to play Samurai Shodown v Special and other games that I've been reembering fondly lately!

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-14 21:58:14 (edited by FamilyMario 2018-09-14 22:40:12)

I've heard people have success with running MAME through command line.
I don't know the exact commands to do so as I don't launch MAME via command line myself, but it is doable. I've also heard that FinalBurn Alpha is accessible, though I haven't used that in years to comment.

2018-09-15 03:08:53

I don't know squat about comand line.. and the standard mame 0.198 is not accessible, unfortunately. Maybe time to try and find kawax again.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-15 03:12:34

What the heck!
IOS is inaccessible so I start looking for a rom and nothing.
Nintendo use to be my favorite system and now I feel like they don't care about their fans.
With things becoming more accessible it almost feels like discrimination.
So, they are not making games accessible and older games that can be made accessible are off limits now, thanks a lot.
I just want a playable Dragon Quest III

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2018-09-15 06:00:54

I guess the only alternative is to play the game with win kawaks emulator. this program emulates the neo geo arcade and home systems, CPS1, and lastly CPS2.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!