2018-09-13 19:51:22

Hello all,
As far as I know, to update Crazy Party, you have to redownload the game.
So I have a question about updating Crazy Party. How can I make sure my safe data stays intact when updating, I mean which files do I Need to save elsewhere in order for my safe data to not get deleted?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-09-13 20:32:53

You don't need to move any files around at all when updating, just replace everything in your crazy party folder with the contence of the zip file you downloaded and all should work just fine.
If you don't want to lose your save data, it's the file called sauvegarde.dat
Just copy that somewhere else and move it back once the update is done.
Hope that helps.
Later!

2018-09-13 21:02:25

I keep that file backed up anyway, along with my decks, just in case something would happen to my computer. I'd hate to lose all my progress.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-14 06:21:46

when you downloaded new version
copy the
sovegard.dat, dec folder
put them in new crazy party

2018-09-14 06:43:38

make backup of that soveguard file that's your save

2018-09-14 10:15:52

I have the Sauvegarde.dat file backed up externally as well.
The only thing I wish with crazy party is that the actual exe file didn't have the version number on it, since everytime I update I have to recreate my start menu shortcuts which is a bit of a pain, this is compared to say warsim where I just drop everything from the new update into the old folder and its fine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-14 20:09:38

you can rename the file that's what i always do

2018-09-14 21:37:13

Hi,
Thanks for all the answers, updated the game and everything went smoothly.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW