2018-07-31 01:06:39

I first tested it, quickly got what was wrong and it was actually bingo. Even if you set the number to, for example 10, there were actually 9 respawned. Just +1 or -1 ish thingy in my code. Thanks.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-07-31 10:40:53

hi all, i have just started playing this title, and how a few queries please. firstly, is Normal the default difficulty, what others are there? second what do i xse the red and other colored balls for that i obtained in the tutorial? lastly, it's good how i carry over weapons every gain if i die and repeat a stage, and i assume repeating is good to grind levels, but can i get riceballs for health in stage 1? a playthrough g"sone did have them but where he got them from i don't know, from the warehouse? how will i get to that to see what in it? thank you, Will

2018-08-02 16:58:36

I think you're talking about the wrong game here... might want to check thread titles before posting. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-08-02 19:17:48

@2586
normal is the first difficulty, there are others like wolf, hyper wolf, difficult, bio, spirit and the last one is legend of haying. I think there are about 10 difficulties in total.
The red ball, blue ball ETC you got in the tutorial are just collection items.
You can always store things in the warehouse and take them later if you need to do so.
You repeat levels and in fact repeating level 4 or 5 a few times before fighting the final boss is a good idea. You can get rice balls from many places, including the first store after you beat the first school level. Remember that iron balls and such are good tactic items for attacking stronger enemies.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-08-02 20:53:45

Hi all where i can get large iron balls

2018-08-03 00:23:30

hi, if I recall correctly, somewhere in stage 4.2 in one of the rooms. Or if you want the huge iron balls you can buy them at bonus shop 2, in stage 22 after beating the game

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-08-06 21:53:54

Yay!

I've just finished collecting what I believe are all the weapons currently in the game. The only ones left on the weapon collector's list are the particle bomb, psychosis gun and whatever the blank entry is at the bottom (mind sharing what that is planned to be, @Nyanchan?)

If the particle bomb is available in the game now (I don't fully understand the info provided by the weapon collector), I would appreciate it if someone could let me know.

I only realised a short while ago that, I'm guessing after completing the game on a particular difficulty, you are able to reset the game to a lower difficulty but still keep your progress (e.g. all of the stages unlocked). That certainly made it much, much faster and easier to obtain the remaining clear game collection items needed to craft some of the weapons.

Also, @BlindNinja, your walkthrough states that you have to have been playing the game for at least 450 hours in order to obtain the super companion card. I was able to get it when my playtime was around about 404 hours, so it would seem that, unless it was a bug of some kind, it is made available at 400 hours. Just letting you know in case you wish to correct it.

Thanks for creating this fantastic game, @Nyanchan. It's brought me many hours of enjoyment. I hope you are willing and able to create more quality games in the future.

And thanks, @BlindNinja, for your informative guide. It proved helpful in quite a number of instances.

smile

2018-08-07 01:43:15

I'm glad you found it useful.
Thanks for the info though, I'll update it. At the time I put that in, I wrote that based on a combination of memory and my original time estimate, so more specific info is always good. Look for your name in the credits, smile

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-08-07 04:24:27

Hello everyone. I've just started experiencing a strange bug with this game. By the way, I finally beat Stage 5! I was able to buy the long blade, and using that with the pachinko balls helped. But I wasn't having much luck flying the Sky Racer plane in Stage 6. I kept crashing. So I decided to go back and play previous levels over again to get more coins. I played some this afternoon with no problems. However, when I loaded the game just now after dinner, I went into a level, and when I pressed the w key to choose a weapon, It kept saying items instead of weapons. At first, I thought I was pressing the wrong key, but it was definitely w, not i. Then when I pressed escape to get out of that, it just kept looping back to items and would not let me move around and fight any enemies. This is the first time this has ever happened before. Did I do something wrong? Did I break the game?

2018-08-07 04:40:53

Just after I posted that last message, the game started working again.

2018-08-07 13:46:25

@Nyanchan:

Another little bug I've found is that, if you are in the air and drop a cardboard box, although it will show it to be on the ground if you check via the menu accessed by pressing 'D', the actual solid block, which you can stand on, is in the air where you were when you dropped the box. You can check it with the 'G' key - it makes the solid block sound, even though there isn't, or shouldn't, be anything there.

2018-08-07 23:20:42

don't know where the hiper boomerang comes in, in exciting i didn't find it, but on superwolf i got it so something near that, maybe on wolf too. And you should have the normal and super boomerang i think, at least i had.

2018-09-10 15:23:21

My computer recently bit the dust. I got a new computer so I'm having to start the game all over. I don't mind that, even though I was so close to getting the needle launcher, but I have a question about the translation dictionary for the game. Do I have to pay for that again?

2018-09-10 18:07:52

Hi everyone,
I have been playing this game for quite some time and I love it. I wish the soundtrack were available for purchase. Also, I have a question.
**Spoiler alert!!!**
I can't get past the biocontrol system. It keeps hitting me with electricity. I heard there was a way to hook up to platforms to get away from it. Is this true? Also, should I be using other weapons? I'm currently using the yo-yo and the megashooter. Any and all help would be appreciated.
**end spoilers**
If anyone is interested, I am doing a playthrough of this game on Youtube. Just type in my name and it should come up. Check it out!

2018-09-11 02:03:18

Oh dear god.

I have a feeling this game is never going to be for me. I struggle to beat 5-4, much less all the crazy stuff I've read herein and seen on Liam's stream. That demon in the tree is just hell for me. I don't know why.

A weird little glitch I've noticed; it doesn't hurt much but may appear later and be more troubling. Security carts sometimes clip and go silent, only to appear several seconds later. They only seem to do this when in hearing range but out of melee range, so I don't know what's up there.

I kinda want to dig into the meat of the game, so I'mlooking for some beginner tips and tricks to help me.
1. What's the best/most sure-fire way to beat 5-4?
2. In all the levels with Carla, is there some good way to keep her alive? I really, really don't relish that.
3. What sort of stat spread should I go for, and which weapons should I pay special attention to, particularly in the first half of the game?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-09-11 20:02:52

For 5-4, you may try throwing a lime ball to that demon and spam the Pachinko untill it ddies. I don't remember if I did it myself but if my memories are correct PG13 did just that and it worked.
As for weapons, the Laser Saber can be useful for a little while but I don't like it that much to be honest. The needle launcher is quite useful and the twin daggers aren't bad either.
Not sure what to say for the rest, sorry. I still hope I could help.

2018-09-11 20:10:56 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-09-11 20:12:46)

@jayde
The security cart thing only seems to happen in 3-3, after that I've never seen it again.
If you want an indication of possible stat distribution, check out the walkthrough I made a while back. I tried to outline my stats through the thing, with... relative success. lol
@Pulseman45
I'm fairly sure that demon is actually immune to stuns now like most other bosses, maybe? I might be wrong though, so don't quote me on it.
Actually on that note, question for everyone. I'm thinking about updating that file with some more general stuff, is there anyone who wants something specific? Opinions welcome. Go!

2018-09-11 22:50:07 (edited by pulseman45 2018-09-11 22:53:11)

I retried 5-4 and I confirm the boss is not immune to stun. I used a red paint ball though, not a lime ball, but I doubt it would be immune to one and not the other.
As for the walkthrough, I don't really know what to add except for the Stone Orb attack from the Bio Control System that is not mentionned in it. It's when it summons an orb that sounds like an energy ball and when it's above you, it tries to entrap you in stone walls and drop a huge rock on you, just like the Mud Killer. But actually I wonder if it doesn't only use it in the coin collecting room, but that would be strange. Still I watched a Let's Play recently and even after several retries that move didn't happen even below 50 percent health and after all the possible dialog occured.

2018-09-11 23:35:12

Right... thanks for that, completely forgot it did that while I was writing it and never added it after.
From experimentation just now, seems like it only starts doing it in the last phase of the battle.

2018-09-13 06:38:10

So it turns out I don't suck after all. Haha. Killed that 5-4 boss by using the pachinko on it and pelting it to death while jumping over its attacks. Very, very dicey. I'm now on stage 13.

Your guide is amazing, BTW, and I downloaded a copy of it for my use. I really, really hate skyracer levels, and now I have 7-8 of 'em in a row. Not fun.

Also, I now know the pain Liam experienced, the stuff which made him invent the so-called "god Damn it Carla" drinking game. She just gets in the way; I swear those levels she's in would just be easier and (dare I say it) more fun if you could exclude her. Hopefully future stages involving Carla are better.

I'm really, really excited to open synthesis, because I want to make all kinds of stuff.

If anyone's got any specific tips for skyracer stages, particularly the ones I'm about to face, please ley 'em on me. I'm especially wary of the upcoming dogfights. I can do barriers and turbulence all right, though I didn't understand at first that changing elevation and speed is done by releasing an arrow key, not pressing it (i.e., you can hold arrows and increase speed/change elevation very quickly, vs. tapping the keys to try and do this).

Loved the 12-4 boss pair, btw. I like interesting bosses that make you think.

2018-09-13 07:51:03

I'm glad at least some people are finding use out of it, lol would've hated to have wrote it for nothing.
Don't worry though, Carla's weapon in stage 15 makes her actually useful in a fight. lol Basically, as long as she's not completely boxed in on both sides and constantly getting hit, you'll be able to heal her in time.

2018-09-13 08:34:59

Several times in stages 11 and 12, I found myself killing Carla  by mistake when she got too close to me or got past me while I sprayed something with needles. And god does she ever die fast.

Good to know that 15 and 16 aren't quite as bad. Am hoping to have the gigavolt laser by then.

I'm getting the feeling now that melee is really -not the way to go anymore, which makes me sad because it feels like all my points in attack have been largely wasted. I mean, why bother with a badass sword or spear or hammer when you can just hose down foes from a distance?

Also, this game seems to have a nearly ridiculous amount of unlockables, including difficulties which basically just make monsters harder to kill. i.e. it's going to turn into a "watch the numbers get bigger" exercise. I hope Carla gets stronger on each difficulty, too, or else she's going to become way, way harder to protect.

2018-09-13 13:47:40

mmelee is the most powerfull thing in the game, just grab a cat spear it's unstoppable with enough attack. Or laser saber i tihin, or hiper buster blade, so don't worry it's not waste. On most levels i'm using my shooters or needle launcher, but i use my spear on every boss, because they are getting more powerfull too and i need the amazing amount of damage for them

2018-09-13 14:13:36

@Jayde
Both ways are actually viable, the problem with guns being you have to keep sinking time into either crafting or buying ammo, mini/middle/mega shooters aside. Also I think all bosses resist bullet damage, so there's that.
Basically, no. lol Melee is not useless and never really becomes that, it's just now you have more options.

2018-09-13 14:54:36

A lot of monsters seem to punish you if you get up close/don't seem to have ranged options. Example: the extinguisher. God, that thing is mean. I had to use the gigavolt laser to bring it down, and it took many, many tries. With that weapon, compared to everything else I have in my possession right now, there's just no contest. No good reason not to just spray and pray, as it were. Gonna hold off on stage 17 for a bit though, as that security stuff is giving me fits. Said laser, by the way, doesn't require ammo, so there's really no downside.

I've become quite the jerk in dogfight levels too. Heh. I've learned how to loop around and fire missiles at the backs of things (most of the time), to the extent that I think I took exactly one hit from a surprise laser from Devil Guardian. Now, mind you, it took nine or ten tries, but still.

And oh my god, so, so much synthesis stuff. A lot of it is items I've never even heard of before, but oh well.

Kinda wondering if the upgraded needle launchers are actually worth it. I used that weapon pretty religiously till I got the laser, so if upgrades are better, I may go with that. It seems like a lot of people go for the yo-yos right away, and I'm hoping for a weapon that'll give me a fighting chance at killing a security cart if push really comes to shove.