2018-09-11 01:40:54

It has been a very long time in the works but I have finally managed to complete the Core-Exiles section on BlackScreenGaming. This is a centralized place for just about everything anyone would need to know in order to play the game using a screen reader. There are text guides on top of text guides, and for most pages an audio option if you would rather listen to the explanation.
For new players there is a getting started guide which is a screen reader focused guide covering completing the first two NPC chains. There is also a screen reader navigation section where all the most common Core-Exiles pages are broken down into their sections and explained, again both in audio and text.
Aside from that there is an advanced section with some higher level navigation tricks along with some guides on common tasks and how to do them faster. The advanced section will grow as time passes and more is thought of and added to it.
On top of the above I manually converted Alumoi's CLT.xls file which shows combat loot for different types of ships into easy to navigate simple HTML tables.
Yogan also allowed me to publish his resource listing as a static page for easier navigation with a screen reader.
Gruntok also helped with creating a rather massive term and deffinition page that lists as many different concepts and terms we could both think of.
The capstone to the whole Core-Exiles section on BSG is an interview with Coops that runs just over an hour. Lots of topics are covered including where he got started, how he got to Core-Exiles, Accessibility of Core-Exiles and other websites, and What is coming in the game that others might not know about. Of course there is a bunch of general Core-Exiles talk mixed in through it all.

To check out any of the above including the interview you can go to
The BSG Core-Exiles Section

@any mods, if you wanted to link the CE section up in the data base listing or what have you. It would help people get a foot hold in the game and get started.

2018-09-11 14:08:27

hello,
Wow! I'm quite excited. I was reading that section yesterday only. Keep this good work!

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-09-11 15:17:39

i know not every screnreader can be covered but does this work as it does with jaws?

2018-09-11 15:50:35

pritty good.

Yours kindly

2018-09-11 15:56:55

very good!

2018-09-12 01:19:31

Yes it works with Jaws. NVDA has a hard time understanding what a table is so it is the only reader that has issues with some reader based navigation on the game.

2018-09-12 08:09:21

Hi.
Holy shit this sounds complex xD, but serious thanks for your work dude, I hope that this will be the push to get myself into CE, I am pushing this for over half a year now.
But seriously, Wiener Schnitzel as a ship name? I mean hey, I enjoy a good Schnitzel as the next guy, but this gave me quite a chuckle actually.
Wondering though if you have a Bratwurst or Sauerkraut flying around somewhere.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-09-12 11:02:19

i never realised that coops is self taught. well all things considered he's very much a genius to self teach then create a game as complex as ce. i mean lets face it, there's so much you can do in that game you can grind yourself to a standstill just by trying to decide what to do lol.

2018-09-13 00:16:26

I am stuck, I am doing a mission where I need to craft armor kits, but I only had enough resources for 40 of them, how do I get the other resources I need?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2018-09-13 01:22:17 (edited by Smoke-J 2018-09-13 01:24:19)

If you go to www.blackscreengaming.com/core-exiles/advanced/index.php there is a guide covering the schematic browser. You can figure out how many of what resources you need, then from there you can get them yourself via combat, or you can put up a GBM contract to get the resources. Of course there is also a guide on the GBM at www.blackscreengaming.com/core-exiles/screen_reader/gbm.php

2018-09-13 05:41:56

is it payed thing or free? cause I saw in audiogames.net it haven't link

2018-09-13 20:45:53

free with optional paid stuff, though balanced out so you can play for free with no issues.