2018-08-09 06:52:49 (edited by jsymes 2018-08-09 06:55:53)

Yeah, I kinda thought it might've been grasping at straws, but it was the only thing different I can think that I did this time versus all the other times. Oh and Joseph, I got an error report, Don't know if you want me to mention it here or email it privately to you.

AKA president731

2018-08-09 15:09:28

Email is best, thank. Easier for us to keep track of them and distribute them to relevant team members that way.

2018-08-10 16:28:03

Ok, I'm seriously stuck. I'm trying to start Haunted by the past but I can't for the life of me remember how to get to the secret outpost. I know you start by going south from the ruined fort door but beyond that I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just spent I don't know how long wandering around in circles looking for it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-08-10 23:34:29

Hi, Phoenix again. I asked this question earlier this week and never got an answer. What is the easiest way to find the Grassy Nole? I feel as if I am walking in a circle trying to find it. That is what is hindering my progress with the Captain.

Phoenix

2018-08-11 12:04:36

I feel the same way. I've managed to get in there a few times but I can never remember exactly how. I also managed to finally trigger and complete the Actually Love quest, but I'm still not clear about the precise circumstances. I spoke to Victoria both times at the very beginning of the game, but it wasn't until much later that she evidently left with the apprentice, because Jerome got a bit disgruntled LOL. I don't know if there's a certain experience level that's also needed to trigger it or what, but it's still just a bit confusing.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-08-11 13:05:06

You could also developed an iOS version of the game, or a Mac version of it.

Feel free to contact me:
My facebook page
My skype

2018-08-11 14:45:46

I don't really see that happening anytime soon, although I'll grant that it'd be cool to be able to save Farhaven on an iPad or iPhone. I have a feeling, however, that development of a cross-platform version would require a lot more time and money.

2018-08-11 19:29:18

You're right about that Bryan—which doesn't even address the fact that the whole aesthetic is really built around keyboard or gamepad play. There are a lot of things about AHC that would be difficult to translate into an experience that feels intuitive on a mobile platform.

Phoenix, I can tell you that the Grassy Knoll is to the east of the first stretch of road as you leave the gate...somewhere near the middle of that stretch, if I remember. The challenging thing about the knoll is that you can't see it from the other side. So, once you go into the woods and find the path that you can access the knoll from, it's hidden by some thickets I believe. Which means you wind up walking into a nondescript grassy area, then around some hedges, and then you can come up into the knoll. I know that's not super-specific but it's the best advice I can give without getting into the map and finding some more specific coordinates. Still, I hope it helps.

2018-08-11 19:53:08

Yeah, quite frankly I shudder to imagine the amount of work that would be involved in reworking the game to play properly on, say an IOS or Android device.

2018-08-14 21:40:51 (edited by GeminiLancer 2018-08-14 21:43:29)

Major Spoilers ahead, so to anyone who doesn't want to see/hear stuff, overt your eyes!

First and foremost, this post is Looooooooooooooooong overdue!! To all who were involved with any aspect of this game's development and release, I sincerely thank you! As long as I have been gaming, there has never been a game of this caliber! Thank you so much for the continued updates and attacking bugged issues.

I haven't started a new game by way of leaving via the South Gate, so somebody will have to post about how that is going for them. The prospect of losing all of my gear is rather frightening lol. My party members are all in the 80s, with several approaching the 90 mark.

For those who struggle with the Hydras, let me log on when I get home and post a strat for beating them. I don't know what their damage type is, but most Torso Armor has resistances to Pierce Damage, Blunt Damage etc. I'm willing to bet it's pierce, so stack gear that has 150% resistance against pierce, if not then try slash. Definitely not blunt.
Also, I figured out the whole resistance to elements and status affects thing, and dude, game changer!! If you stack Fire Resist Gear, aka two Supernova Rings, you will completely melt any dragon because you will gain health when they use inferno blast or whatever their party fire damage spell is. Then it's just a matter of balancing heals with damage, mostly using Flurry or Finesse, and you'll destroy them. I have no problem taking down groups of 3 Stone Dragons, or switching my gear to handle the Undead ones in the Cemetery. It's all about learning what you'll be fighting, what attacks they use, and grinding random loot drops or battles until you get gear to counter it. I have some pretty amazing stuff, though I wish I chose the Sword over the Hammer for my main character cause now I can't rock a shield. Lol but my damage output is insane, like 1500 per hit. Combine that with Flurry? Bruh!

I do have a quick question though while I have you guys on the line. I cannot for the life of me obtain the skill, Holy Warrior for Sister Alexia! I have everything unlocked to it's max with like 30 rank points to use, but I can't level anything else up due to the lack of that skill. Hands of Healing, Blessed whatever the Holy Damage attack, etc. How do I obtain that skill please!?

Again, thank you guys for an amazing game, and I look forward to more content! Let's get some DLC so we can continue to provide income for you guys. Even if it's just little side quests for like 3 bucks, or gear sets for $20 for those who just don't grind to get the drops they need/want.

Lao Tsu

2018-08-14 22:35:34

GeminiLancer, first off thank you so much for the kind words. It always means so much to be reminded that the effort put into a game like this was not in vain. I'll pass your comments along to the rest of the development team—though of course, the people you have to thank go well beyond Out of Sight Games, as the game wouldn't be what it is without Stven's score, our phenomenal voice actors, the hard work of our testers, etc.

You seem to be the perfect example of one of our basic design principles: make the game accessible for entry-level players, but find ways to reward particularly inquisitive, attentive players who use a lot of critical thinking. We've definitely tried to work in damage type resistances and weaknesses where thematically appropriate, and paying attention to those things, as well as thinking critically about them, can definitely give you a leg up. Personally, I've found that those sorts of tricks are much more important when playing the game on hard difficulty, especially at lower levels. Once you're up in the 80s and 90s, you're basically in god-mode anyway so it doesn't much matter.

Regarding the New Game + from the south gate, to disarm your fear a bit, your character won't lose all their gear—just any unique items. Sadly, yes, your other party members will reset to starting gear, though in an ironic twist, we recently learned that this can lead to some comedically over-powered items at high enough levels.

As for Holy Warrior, I try not to give too specific of answers to questions like this (though I'm sure others won't have the same reservations), but I will tell you that Holy Warrior isn't learned through normal leveling means. It's a quest reward skill.

2018-10-08 00:21:26

Quick question. Yes, I probably should know this, but it's never been a necessity before now. I got back on my computer today for the first time in a while to play AHC and some others. But for some reason, Control F isn't bringing up Fast Travel. I'm assuming it's something to do with system presets, so it's bringing up Feedback Hub rather than the menu. So, after that rather long winded explanation: Can you configure keystrokes in AHC by chance? Maybe then I could fix the issue. Thanks much.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-08 01:18:43

either one of two things is happening, You're hitting windows F and not realizing it, or something screwed up your keymap on your system, because windows F is the way to bring up feedback hub, not control F. DO you like... have a cat, or cats? Yeah they tend to love to walk all over keyboards, and rpesmably cause issues, even though I love cats and have a cat and I might even be half cat.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-08 03:00:54

My mistake. No I don’t have a cat. I dunno why it’s doing this, control plus all other keys works fine. It’s just that one. I tried all the combinations I could. I don’t know what it could be doing.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-10 18:48:35

Hi all, probably a very stupid question but I can't find the outpost for haunted by the past, I did read the description of how to find it, and I know you have to go south from the fought door, but the problem with that is that if you try to do that you end up walking into a wall, so I take it when people say go south from the door they don't mean literally south?
also, can't find the book for getting into the tree, I did find the rangers journal I have no idea what to do with that. and also I found a bandit treasure map but it doesn't seem to do anything, though I did already find there hidden cache.

2018-10-11 14:50:52

I've been busy so I lost touch with audio games for a while over the last year or so. I was amazed to come back to the forum and find this game. A Balder's Gate style RPG with good options for game control and loads of quests and content is just what we needed. Thank you very, very much for all the work that must have gone into this! The quality, complexity and depth of gameplay speaks volumes for the excellent production values and obvious commitment to the project.

2018-10-11 15:52:55

Hi:

Tayo here. I purchased A Hero's Call about two weeks ago and the game is absolutely awesome. I have a few suggestions, many of which you may be already implementing, but here goes.
1. The game should be available on other platforms. The more platformsthe game is on, the wider the user base will be. IOS audiogamers in particular are an avid lot; a game like this should go far on the iOS app store.
2. Port this game to the Microsoft store at some point as a UWP app that can access the Windows 10 1Core voices. Those voices are better, or at least more responsive than, SAPI5. And I think developers on the Microsoft store should see what an accessible game looks like; do a search on the Microsoft Store and you'd be hard pressed to find any accessible games at all, let alone Rpgs.
3. Your idea of adding 3D graphics to the game at some point is a very good idea. I know that sighted people can afford to take RPGS for granted, but even so, a game that everyone can play, not just the blind, is truly an accessible game.

I hope that this was constructive and helpful.
May the divine show you the path:

Tayo Bethel

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-10-25 02:40:14

Here's a question for you guys.
Higher level players, you might have come across Dragon Warrior armor pieces. I'm trying to build a set, something to change from my heroic armor set. My question, because I can't remember, Is there a Dragon Warrior Helmet anywhere?
Thanks!

2018-10-25 03:30:48

keep checking the bandit caches. Sooner or later one of the greedy buggers will leave it somewhere for the dilligent traveller to stumble upon lol.

I have a question as well. I restarted my game, this time playing warrior. But I cant remember where to look for the last unusual flower. Any tips?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-10-25 03:41:28

There are two in the eastern half of the woods. One is in a meadow, the other a clearing. Flat open spaces like that.

2018-10-25 18:43:04

I think I already found those tow, thanks for the  advice. Trying to see if there's a clearing on the other side of the bridge.

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll post it here; anyone reading this feel free to let me know if this is the wrong place to post this. Not sure if this is a bug or a game feature, but certain skills I bought with expertise points for Gwen Adrianus don't show up in the list when its time for battle. The ones that don't show are icy arrow and blazing arrow and, at least in my last game, shocking arrow. I'm running version 1.34 of the game.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-10-25 19:59:38

Teyo, no, the first flower is shockingly close to the stranglehold vines. And you have to be wielding a ranged weapon to use those.

2018-10-25 20:12:45

All those skills you mentioned are ranged skills. What weapon is Gwen wielding? If she doesn't have a ranged weapon, like a bow, then obviously she can't shoot arrows at enemies.
HTH

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-10-25 21:33:48

@1,871, the third isn't anywhere north of the bridge, at least I've never found any over there. I've always found the third in a clearing east of the road not all that far from the gate. hth

AKA president731

2018-10-25 22:34:47

I have two questions.
1: Are you ever strong enough to get Beatrice's strongest potion?
2: Is there any way, any way at all, to unlock the door in the north of the armory? Simeon doesn't pick it.