2018-08-11 18:34:40

I am trying to do a demonstration of "A Blind Legend" for my Youtube channel. The problem is, I need to use headphones for this game, but also want to people hear me talking while I do the demonstration. Does anyone know an accessible way to do this? Basically a video with the audio of the game at the same time. Not sure if I am making any sense right now LOL.

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2018-08-13 01:21:54

Note: The following is based on my experience running a youtube channel 5 or so years ago, thus content might not be completely valid/up-to-date.

You've got a couple options here, all depending on how professional you'd like your setup to be.
the first is quicktime. Open the app and press command+control+N, you should be greeted with a new screen recording dialog to configure audio devices blablabla. Click on start, then when your done the stop button in menu_extras>quicktime. By default there's no way of recording your voice and system audio simultaneously, but nothing loopback can't accomplish.
I personally went with an app called screenflow. It's pretty expensive though, $130. If your able to scrape up the cash or crack or whatever, I can't think of anything better. We're talking extremely configurable with keystrokes, you've even got a handy audio-pluggin which records not only microphone but optionally system audio. After recording, you'll be taken to a basic but quite accessible editor. As I said above, it's been a while since I've touched video recording, when in doubt go with the first option since I can confirm it works. Is anyone else able to give insight to screenflow these days?

2018-08-13 13:26:56

You can use Loopback from www.rogueamoeba.com or purchase a hardware mixer and microphone. If you want to use Loopback, you need to create a new audio device that includes your microphone and either your whole system audio or just the application that's producing sound. If you want to use system audio, create a device with your microphone as an input and set the device as your system output under sound preferences.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-08-14 08:45:32

Hi.
I think you can use a combination of Quicktime and Audio Hijack. Audio Hijack is much cheeper than Loopback.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen