2018-08-09 02:54:02

Changes from version 3.8b to 3.8c

- The blocking rates for the various melee weapons have been adjusted.  Some now block more often than they used to (so long as your stamina is high).
- The ballistic shield no longer has the ability to hit and stun enemies.  As a result the blocking chance has been increased, as well as the movement speed while using it.
- The Machete's 3 modes are now more distinct.  Defensive mode has a fairly high block chance, but does very little damage compared to the other other modes.  Offensive has almost no block chance, but deals the most damage per swing.  Counter is roughtly in the middle on both attack damage and blocking chance.
- Stamina drain has been adjusted for the melee weapons, and shields.
- Stunning with the riot shield has been sped up, because it was slower than it was meant to be.
- Running shoes and shorts were not giving the appropriate speed boost, so those have been adjusted.
- From the very earliest days of multiplayer Swamp, people have wondered why zombies are not synced very well between clients.  With players all of the world, and vastly different internet speeds, I took a lot of steps in an effort to keep everyone's playing experience as similar as possible.  After all this time, I have overhauled the syncing code so players can finally team up in ways I had always wanted.  There are going to be a few glitches where zombies jump several tiles as they sync, but when testing this didn't seem to be very noticeable.  We can finally go into combat as actual teams, helping and supporting each other against the undead horde!  Huzzah!

http://www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-08-09 04:40:39

We can finally go into combat as actual teams, helping and supporting each other against the undead horde!  Huzzah! Yes, yes yes yes, i was waiting for this so long, aprone your cool, damn wow, that's just, amazing! thanks for this super nice change!

2018-08-09 08:46:11

"We can finally go into combat as actual teams, helping and supporting each other against the undead horde!  Huzzah!"

That got to be my most wanted update like...ever? Right next to say, Desert Eagle? Scratch that, I wanted zombie syncing way more than any new weapons!
Thanks Aprone, you done it this time!

2018-08-09 09:38:52

This latest patch has a few hiccups, but in general it seems to be working with the new syncing.  In testing it worked fine, but on main the raiders who protect forts were bugging and causing the server to go into an infinite loop.  It's why everything froze up a short while after the patch went live.  Until I get a chance to go in and fix the issue, I've disabled the raiders' ability to walk around inside the fort.

I've also heard there are some issues with crates in warehouse missions, and I plan to look more into that tomorrow morning.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-09 11:53:42

cool so we got zombie sinc? does this work only on mission maps or on main maps too? so i take it zombie sinc means that if you see 1 particular zombie another person on the same map as you will also see the same one and be able to kill it? i'm assuming this is what it means? this will work for main as well as mission maps?

2018-08-09 14:02:26

Hey aprone, here in compaigns i noticed a problem, if you have an ally, and raiders, the raiders are attacky only the player but not your ally. Can you fixx this please?

2018-08-09 14:39:32

I never got aly to do anything LOL.

2018-08-09 16:00:10

Darren, this works on all maps.  As you said, when you see a particular zombie in one spot, all other players will see that same zombie in the same spot.  This means you can protect your friends, and they can protect you as you play.  I expect we sill start to see teams of people go on missions now, because everyone can guard different places and keep each other safe.

I'll write that down Skylord, and look into it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-09 17:01:15

excellent that will make swarms much better to deal with

2018-08-09 20:17:03

Awesome, just awesome!!!

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-08-09 21:19:04

hey is there a problem with swamp? it first started when i couldn't get a rep/xp count with c shift c and i did check to make sure that my shift keys are working and they are. so i had the idea of logging out and back in. now i can't log back in.

2018-08-09 21:24:54

that's not true, it's up again

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2018-08-09 21:25:39

hi. no. it does that sometimes. restart your fcomputer and then you should be fine.

2018-08-09 23:06:15

So hello aprone, it would be really cool if in the next patch you could make, in compaigns we have a location enter event, but could you please make a location zone event? that would be easier to implement various events, and the location may remain for some hidden things. It would be really amazing if your able to do it!

2018-08-09 23:40:42

a suggestion,  how about we can check our stamina how much remains?

2018-08-09 23:41:03

It sounds like he's working on the crate issue for now.

2018-08-10 00:32:35

Revan, if you're currently swinging a weapon and it seems slow, then your stamina is low.  Every other time your stamina is 100%.  If you stamina is low now, stop swinging and count to 2.  Now your stamina is 100% again.  It's very fast to fill back up, and if I put in a key to check it the key would be quite useless.  The only time someone would ever want to check would be if it was not 100%, which means they are in the process of rapidly swinging a weapon or getting their shield repeatedly bashed on by zombies.  That's not a good time to check stamina, since why would it even matter?  As soon as you stop swinging or stop getting your shield bashed on, there's no longer a need for a stamina checking button since it's already back to 100% within a few seconds.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-10 00:46:35

I once heard someone mention that the reason we don't have proper full auto mode for auto weapons is that the code doesn't support full auto firing. Is that the case? That is a bit perplexing cause, if Aprone can adjust "cool time" time on weapons such as in the case of the machete, it'd seem that all it'd take is to temper with cool down times in certain firearm weapon modes to make full auto happen.
For example, right now if I have my uzi in single shot, I hold down the trigger, it continuously fires like a full auto gun but at a slow rate. If the cool down time is lowered accordingly so it can fire repeatedly faster, wouldn't that make full auto weapons possible?
I'm definitely not saying that Aprone should make this priority or anything. It's just more my curiosidy why it's not done that way.

And yeah, I know if you toggle to burst mode and hold the trigger down, it's almost like full auto anyway, but man, that's not the case for the HK23E lol.

2018-08-10 02:10:30

Full auto would indeed be possible by just lowering the cooldown time between shots.  I built the guns this way because if they were sped up to be full auto, it would require 2 to 3 times more bandwidth for weapon's fire (that can be cut down with tricks), and would also lead to a lot more sound related lag for other players.  We've all been around when someone's spamming a vulcan, and full auto for the normal machine guns would actually cause a bit more lag than that.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-10 13:00:26

wow looks like aprone has weather problems today

2018-08-10 13:30:41

Hi.
Wow, nice update Aprone. I look so much forward to actually battle the same zombies as the other players in the game. This is going to be amazing!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-08-10 13:52:43

oh it certainly is, it works so so well.

2018-08-10 20:04:48

I thought most of those weather problems were from yesterday, are there still storms Aprone?

2018-08-10 20:22:00

The storm was yesterday, but my internet keeps going in and out all day today as well.  My wife is vising some family a few miles away, and she said their internet keeps going out as well.  There must be some damage to the lines near me or something.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-08-10 22:28:09

yeah that would make sense it's not necessarily the actual storm that's the problem it's the damage it causes and the recovery time afterwards.