2018-08-06 17:50:01

That is if I understand the problem correctly, and am right about how and when it was fixed. I can look into this a bit further, next chance I get.

As for item randomization, I'm interested to know what you mean by that. We're always open to making changes to improve the player experience but, offhand, I'm not sure how one would go about making item generation less random in a game such as this, without seriously impacting game balance.

2018-08-06 17:56:52

Well as it stands right now, I don't think it can be changed other than a complete overhaul of the way items are handled. But I would leave items that are significant in the same place, such as quest items, and leave random spawning to the smaller items that are less significant; lower level weapons and gear, plants, etc. Highest level weapons like the meteoric or heroic weapons would only be purchasable for higher prices from the blacksmith, and a few more shops seling higher level and more expensive magical gear wouldn't be a bad idea either. But as I've said before, as someone who mainly comes from playing action rpgs where items are usually pretty fixed, my opinion may be a little scued. AHC is the first experience I've had with what I would call a more traditional rpg, because prire to this, there haven't been any that I could play. That aside though, I have no qualms starting the game over. I just really wish I knew where all my gear came from so I could have a reasonably good chance of finding my way back to my current outfit and gearset. haha.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-08-06 18:01:49

Well, any unique or quest-related items will be in the same place, or acquired through the same encounters, with a couple of notable exceptions—but I don't think any of the exceptions are gear that can be equipped. As for high level gear, it will actually be easier to find in the current setup than it would be the way you recommend, since currently once you're at a high enough level you'll be able to find those high level random gear pieces in random loot containers, as well as through the blacksmith and general store. And the advantage of gear being randomized is that, upon a new play-through, it's entirely possible that you'll find new gear that you didn't find the first time. Who knows, you may find things you like better!

2018-08-06 18:26:00

True that. But on the flip side of it, I also may not be able to find the gear that I did like. lol But yes, I can see the logic behind it. Like I said, I'm simply more used to straightforward action rpgs, so there's a bit of a bias there. haha.

2018-08-06 18:28:30

Yeah definitely understood. The aspect of "you'll never know what you might find" is a big draw of the more open-ended RPG format, but definitely not in line with the more linear action-RPG conventions. One plus is that we're trying to add some new items with each major release, so that also increases your chances of finding new goodies when you play through.

2018-08-06 18:36:24

Look forward to finding new things! Amazing the things I've been finding recently that I didn't even find during hours of testing...

Also, on another note, I think there's a miswrite in one of Alexia's combat ines... when holy warrior fades it's listed as being called crusader's blessing. IS that intentional?

2018-08-06 18:48:33

Hmm...probably not. Off the top of my head, I bet that's an instance where we gave the effect that comes from using a skill a different name than the skill itself. Realized later on that was confusing, but it's possible we never changed it for Holy Warrior. So it's not a bug, per se, but may be something worth looking into nonetheless. Thanks!

2018-08-07 00:16:12

Apologies for the delayed reply. I've been a bit busy over the last week or so and didn't even know about the update until just now. But to answer your question Joseph, yes, she's still hanging around outside the forge. When I speak with her the only options are to ask her if there's anything she can tell me about the town or say goodbye. If I ask her for information she just talks about the entrance to her family's mausoleum being caved in. This is even after updating to the latest version.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-08-07 17:19:06

Needless to say I think there may be a bug here somewhere, either that or some other requirement so obscure we're all overlooking it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-08-07 17:46:21

Back at the beginning with a new character with al my party around level 5 or 6. What do people think about the hydra? It seems like there's no concrete way to defeat it other than luck, and as it scales with you coming back when you level up higher doesn't really help either. Neither loadout works, whether I go out with two mages and a priest or a mage, priest and a thief. lol

2018-08-07 17:48:20

I find that Alexia's Favor of the Divine skill helps a lot in that battle since it prevents critical hits and I believe it also reduces damage somewhat from normal attacks.

2018-08-07 17:48:51

What's worse, when you get to higher levels, you'll see several of those nasty critters floating around in the mines and sewers. Had a battle in the sewers once with 6 hydras, didn't last long, I kinda got cut to pieces.

AKA president731

2018-08-07 18:20:25

Even though hydras scale at higher levels, you will find that you're in a better position to take them on at higher levels because of your gear, skills, and stats. You may only fight two heads at the lowest level, but their skill set and stats are still in line with a much higher-level enemy. And at that level, you may not have much you can do. As you get higher levels, you will have skills with a lot more effects that you can use creatively in the fight, as well as gear that may come with a lot of bonuses you wouldn't have at an earlier level.

2018-08-07 18:27:40

I find little problem defeating hydra around level 20 onward since my main character, Necromancer, learn decent powerful move. Just choose the right equipment  and upgrade the will power.
Spoiler alert!
For those find it difficult to complete actually love quest. First, talk to Victoria two times, make she disappear from the spot. Then talk to the Jarom Armor in the forge. The quest will be active. I have it done two times. Hope it help.
End spoiler.

2018-08-07 19:41:15

Yeah, I suppose  that even though the game is open-ended, it makes more sense to tackle the mines later because of the skils and effects you have access to at higher levels. For some reason that just always seemed to be the area I gravitated toward to right away when I started playing.. and old habits, as they say, die hard. I would probably do better to grind and complete side stuf to build up character first before tackling the three major areas.

2018-08-07 19:45:16

Sokun Prom Vireak, I haven't had a chance to try it since the latest update came out, but I've tried talking to her multiple times, and she's always there and always telling me about her family's cript having caved in. Talking to the apprentice blacksmith only gets me the response that he's too busy to talk. I've found the letter and read the books and even tried visiting the priest to see if I had to talk to him, but no dice on any of it.

AKA president731

2018-08-07 19:59:16

Hi, Phoenix here. I took a vacation from AHC for a while, and now I have returned. I am having a bit of an issue with the Laying Down the Law quest. I cannot find the Grassy Nole. I have found the other four ambush sights. Where exactly is the Nole?

Phoenix

2018-08-07 21:38:49

Jsymes that's exactly what I said earlier and would have said again had you not beaten me to it LOL. Victoria still hangs out by the forge even after talking with her twice. As for Laying Down the Law, that's a hard one since it can be hard finding how to access some of those ambush sites. I can usually get to where I can see them but remembering exactly where to go to actually get into them is another matter.

2018-08-08 11:17:03

Hello, to the ones who find it difficult to complete actually love quest. If talk to Victoria doesn't yield any promising result, try visit the house in the north-eastern part of town. Hope it help.

2018-08-08 14:17:27

It doesn't. She's still there.

2018-08-08 15:28:45

It's entirely likely that the quest is bugged, based on the behavior BryanP has reported. I just haven't had an opportunity to confirm that, or to figure out what exactly might have happened.

2018-08-08 15:52:55

Yeah. It's been that way for a while now, although I can't say how long since as I said before I have actually done the quest before. I did send you a save file a couple weeks back like you asked me to. Hopefully at some point we can figure this out. That way I can make sure the notes I have for how to trigger each quest are as close to accurate as I can make them.

2018-08-08 20:23:17

Joseph Westhouse, I was just able to finally complete this actually love quest. A question, and a serious spoiler ahead for those that aren't able to complete it if my hunch is correct. Is this quest set up so that, regardless of who else is in your party, one person, Gwen, is present during all discussions with Victoria? I changed up how I did a few things, and both times I spoke with Victoria when Gwen was in my party this time, where she often wasn't present all the other times I'd tried talking to her.

AKA president731

2018-08-08 20:38:21

Hmm, no, she shouldn't have to be in your party, if that's what you're asking. It is set up so that each character has a couple of options for character-specific conversations over the course of this quest, depending on who's with you when you do certain parts. But it shouldn't be dependent on any one character being with you.

2018-08-08 22:12:09

Hmmm, I didn't know there were extra dialogue options for characters other than Gwen. But I've always had Gwen in my party for both conversations with Victoria and I still can't trigger the quest. Victoria's still hanging out by the forge and doesn't say anything new.