2018-08-03 04:29:42

so, i'm using the cm source, yes, to mess around with and learn.
I want to eddit the sounds, i have all the sounds i want to add in the sounds folder, but even wen i run pack creator.bgt and it says complete, nothing changes, please help?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-04 10:40:09

You can use your own encryption scheme instead. Packing and unpacking files the BGT way will consume a lot of RAM and is generally not advised.

The topic has been discussed here already: http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25541

2018-08-05 05:52:50

I swear to mother f-ing g d christ all f-ing ready.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-05 08:40:27

Well, might as well wait until he puts a clone out, or doesn't right?
We can save our vitriol till then... For now you may disagree with it, but just looking at someone else's code to see how it works rather than copying it into a ("new") game outright isnt' a crime, no matter how you feel about the language, because that's what's most easily available...
And generalized code snippets can only go so far when we're talking about something as niche as audio games... Least that's what I've observed.

2018-08-05 14:54:34

isn't it closed source though? That's what bugs me is when source code leaks and people jump all over it. If it isn't then no biggie, but hopefully he will read my posts in the tired of clones and cloners topic, especially the one on how to teach yourself to code.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-05 15:22:27 (edited by defender 2018-08-05 15:23:11)

Meh, if he's keeping it to him self it's really hard to give a shit you know?
It was a free game with unlicensed sounds in the first place so no one is losing money, and it was also a pretty shit one too.
Plus it got leaked do to the Dev's own stupidity rather than hacking or social engineering as far as I know sooooo...
I know what you mean though, it is someone else's hard work, but as long as he doesn't go public with some version of it, I don't see who it's hurting at this point, since Mason has moved on anyway.

2018-08-05 21:14:54

@ironcross, i'm not! a cloner! all i'm doing with the source is using it to look at the code, and to mess around a bit, i'm not going to release it to the public, i might host it for my friends for some fun, maybe, but all i simply asked was how to change incrypted sounds, witch i think i've figured out.
@post 2, thanks for the help, but it looks like, at least from my small glance at the topic, that it's about python, and currently, i don't have any knolidge of python, but thanks for your input, and i'll probably come back to it wen/if i learn python
@defender, thank you for calmly telling ironcross to fuck off and not assume i'm just like every other cloner, at least, that's what i got out of it.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-05 23:07:39

never mind i don't think i have figured it out, i'll describe my process.
so i put the sounds i want to change, i replace the originals, or not, if i'm adding new ones. then, i run pack_creator.bgt, choose to pack them into sounds, and the path i'm packing from as sounds, i choose to incrtpt them, and type my key, then i let it pack, o, i forgot, before all this i delete the original sounds.dat, the thing that confuses me is that it doesn't recreate sounds.dat, and wen i run city masss.bgt, it says to download new sounds, witch i do, but it's just the originals.
can one of you tell me what i'm doing wrong rather then being ironcross and just complaining about shit he doesn't know or have proof of?

----------

2018-08-06 18:19:20

you should run the pack creator.bgt file. when prompted for a name of the folder, type sounds.dat
when it asks you if you want those files to be encrypted, just say yes and type a password. for this example, let's use as.df
when it is done packing, in your game, at the top of the code just add #include"sounds.dat"
when done with that, after void main, and the innitualition just say set_sound_storage("sounds.dat"); that is for when you want the sounds.dat file provided with the game. when you just want the executable, just use set_sound_storage("*");
when you are done deciding what you want to do with the sounds.dat file, then add set_sound_decryption_key("as.df",true);
i think that is how it is working, i can't remember it that well.
best regards

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.