2018-07-31 21:02:48

Sorry for double posting.
I wanted to ask: Do you guys prefer to have bigger updates in a longer time, or smaller updates frequently?
Because I don't really want to spam you guys. If you guys prefer the first options I would need some beta testers.
Who's up for it should actually know how to explain and reproduce bugs
With that said, I'll create a poll above. big_smile

Paul

2018-07-31 21:54:25

well heare is my thinking, evry time we update the game but with new things and bug fixing, i meane no need to fixe a bug ona version and add like menu builder in a version
for bayta tester, i would like to be one of them, i could help you with  bug fixing and mayking new things if you need helping codes
good luck

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-07-31 23:51:51

ok, i sent the link in a pm

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-01 00:06:57

thanks for the link. I-ve downloaded the zip

Paul

2018-08-01 02:14:55

@29
I thought you wanted to keep this above board though?
I mean you have no idea where those sounds came from or their licensing...
That's why I gave you all those resources on the other topic.

2018-08-01 12:59:59

@30 infact, I am not gonna use those that fox sent me, even because they are all from other games such as TK or RS.

Paul

2018-08-01 13:43:01

Ah, typical, good on you for not using them then and making your game instantly 50% less credible LOL.
The worst part? I gave him all the resources I gave you, and he then complained about it being hard work to search through them to find what he wants, even on the non community driven sites like Freesfx and  Adobe Audition SFX and Airbornsound.
Yeah, because downloading and sorting through massive stolen libraries that may or may not be in shit quality, incomplete, or badly labeled when the other guy can either upload at like 300KBPS max or his FTP constantly goes down when he needs that HDD for something else is sooooo easy.
If you can't do a few hours of work (maximum) when it comes to sounds Fox, than what makes you think you'll be able to deal with the constant headache of bugfixing or game management, not to mention hundreds of lines of code.
Publicly sharing those sounds in the first place and expecting someone to use them in their open, non Alpha game does not bode well for you and your claim that you'll never be making a clone or near clone of Redspot, Ultrapower, or TK.

2018-08-01 14:18:35

what do you think of boom sound efects, i've got them all in my pc , with their   license, i know they're payed, if some one wants them , send me a msg in the forum , i can't shaire them heare

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-08-01 18:17:11

I can't get this game to run. I get a error message for maps.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-08-01 20:37:42 (edited by defender 2018-08-01 20:38:19)

@33
Yeah, and you also can't advertise the fact that people can ask you for them here either...
By telling people they can message you if they want your stolen sounds, your sharing them.
:-(
Some times you people disappoint me...

2018-08-01 23:01:10

i didn't  , and let me tell you something, most of the games i've played are sounds stolen, i could say, 75%
so if you exemple don't have the money for mayking your sounds, what are you going to do?

i'll use bbc sounds , boom, etc, i've just hert alot of their sounds used in other projects
lets say an other thing, ah yeah, a book in your room was mayed by he's Writer  , and he's dead, are he going to caire?

sound is my vision

2018-08-02 01:17:11 (edited by dash 2018-08-02 01:18:04)

Firstly this game not supporting normal files opener, i must enter the location of map and it not work, because game displaying error.
After pressing enter on the help option, game closing.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-08-02 07:07:01 (edited by defender 2018-08-02 07:08:11)

@36
Yeah, you did, LOL, you said, here's this thing I have, message me if you want it.
Also, their is a surprisingly big amount of free sounds out their that are high quality, so that's not a very good excuse.
It can take a while to find them it's true, but multiple people on the internet have made lists and articles and such.
For instance, post 11 on this topic.
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25459
And that's not even counting all the music ones, their are actually more of those than sound ones, and that list doesn't even include 8bit and some of the weirder ones like "99sounds".
Also these resources have been around for years, so.
Like if your gonna do a free game than I don't really see much of an issue, but since discussing piracy here is not aloud, yeah, be smart.
Plus pauliyobo said he doesn't want stolen sounds so why even post about them right?

2018-08-02 10:21:21

hmm, you want to say stolen, and why boom mayed tho's things then?, they are for projects, or eaven others can use them, so i did, yup

sound is my vision

2018-08-02 15:10:59

is this a sounds discution topic? or is this the topic of sbyw 3d? just asking. and to be honest, many of the sounds in games are used in a veriaty of games.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-08-02 16:48:02

yes that's what i am trying to say, but hes saying that you need to mayke your sounds with your self, a man thats what i understand from the post he saed
well, about sounds, as i saw and toled, most  of the games sounds are repeated, and bbc, boom sound efects are used in alot of places, so yeah

sound is my vision

2018-08-02 17:25:09

@34 and @37, that was been fixed, I am just getting a VPS where I can have a stable hosting. What you wanna do is go in settings and change the default map to load which you should put to maps/map1.map

Paul

2018-08-03 03:57:10 (edited by defender 2018-08-03 04:00:49)

@41
That's not what I'm saying at all, that you can only use stuff you make your self, I'm saying that a bunch of people all over the internet have made sounds for everyone to use for free, so their is no reason to use sounds that your supposed to pay for at all if you do a little research, because their is allot of material available.
And the BBC library can only be used for free educational stuff, which was only allowed as of like 4 months ago.
But the way your talking about the Boom FX you have in post 39, are you saying that's the free stuff they put out? Because many companies also put out small free to use packs along with their much bigger expensive collections.
If your talking about the free to use packs from Boom FX then, sorry about that I didn't know, but otherwise... Yeah just because other people made the sounds available for download doesn't mean that Boom FX would want that, since now almost no one is actually paying for them, so that's thousands of dollars they aren't getting.
And yeah even if you bought them, it's illegal to share them with others, like that's what you agree to when you buy them, it's in the license, but either way you can't talk about sharing non free sounds on the forum.

2018-08-03 16:42:20 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-08-03 17:02:55)

Hi there. I updated the link of the game, which actually is hosted on my website, so unless the VPS dies, the link won't change anymore.

Paul

2018-08-03 18:25:18

Couple ideas from me.
1, better maps. I mean, right now there’s only 2 maps with pretty much no real content, leaving a lot to players. The map repo would help somewhat, assuming players are willing to make maps and such. 2, lack of any real challenge. SBYW and 2dp both had hazards, 2dp even had moving teleporters, things like this would help make the game a lot more enjoyable as a hole. 3, some sort of goal for completing maps would be nice, for example in 2dp you had keys to find in order to finish the map, in sbyw you get coins for completing serton maps which you can then use to by other things in game, etc.

2018-08-03 20:31:08 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-08-03 20:31:48)

@45.
1. Yes I do agree that we need more maps, I first left the 2 maps so that players could learn from them and make their own.
2. Yes, I was thinking about that too, But I'd like to fix what I've started first.

Paul

2018-08-03 22:23:44

you could also add teleporders and doors, and moving sound sources like in 2dp, maykes the game more cooler and fun

sound is my vision

2018-08-04 16:00:06

So I just downloaded this thing, and here are my thoughts.
1: Please add a builder to the game.
2: Jumping doesn't actually work. I don't see my coords increased at all.
3: Possibility of locking the maps. As of right now, I can travel to wherever I want, which makes for a difficult time of building secret maps for users.
4: Adjusting your footstep sounds. While this may be more difficult, right now the carpet steps don't loop in time with increasing your coords.
5: Some way of locking doors. Seriously, you have no idea how much I wanted this in an online version of this thing. I wanted to build a map with a door that the user could access only through another map, which meant that I needed 2 copies of the map, which is annoying.
6: Doors. Right now we're not able to make a player move somewhere without using a travelpoint, and for me it's used more for finishing the map then moving the player along to where I want them to go.
7: beacons. I would love some form of those. Don't allow the user to track all the zones, as that would give too much away, but allow the builders to set, say, 12 or so per map.
8: Do not allow for the maps to be open in a simple Notepad. This just invites people to clone them.
9: Allow for the possibilities of only speaking a text message or playing a sound. Likewise, allow for those events to do something like spawn a key, a platform, a door, etc.
10: Allow for adjusting player's health while they're inside the map..
11: Add hazards, please!
That's it for now. I love the project. Keep it up.

2018-08-04 17:09:27 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-08-04 17:10:13)

@post 48
Hi there.
Before I start replying I, unfortunately have to say that I'm stucking with custom sounds. Should I proceed and add this one in a later moment, or do you guys want it now?
1: Again, once I proceed the next thing to do will be the builder. I have an idea that hope will work fine.
2: Jumping does work, but if for example you are in map 1 the reason for you not behing able to jump is because there's a staircase, and you must press page up until you reach the 10 coord then you should be able to jump. Feel free to modify if you wish.
3: I believe I don't understand what do you mean by locking maps.
4: adjusting footstep sounds in which way?
5: wait... Locking doors, meaning that you can close the door and do not allow players to enter in it?
6: They'll be included in the future.
7: Could you explain to me your beacon concept? do you mean like  the one are in swamp or do you just mean a tracking system?
8: well, but if we're eventually gonna make a maps repo how would people see other maps? I made it possible to open in notepad on purpose.
9: I believe I don't understand even this.
10: Yeah, I should actually introduce health as well.
11: could be a good idea for more challenging stuff...
Thanks for the time you had for the feedback, I really appreciate. big_smile

Paul

2018-08-05 03:28:50

post 49:
Custom sounds: Yes, please add them as soon as possible, the game doesn't come with a lot of them by default like the original sbyw did, so it makes it more annoying to reuse the sounds over and over and over.
Locking maps: Right now you can travel to any map in your maps folder, would it be possible to lock a user out of a map? sort of like adventure at c, you saw the stages, but the creators could set the locked flag, so even if you did see the files, you couldn't enter them.
Shortening sounds: I believe the carpet footstep is a bit too long, hence it not looping properly. That might be because of the file itself, though.
Locking doors: Remember 2DP? You could spawn keys in there, well, a key, and it will allow you to force the user to look for it before preceeding to the nextr room. I want that, but on a bigger scale. i.e, spawning 10 keys that lead to 10 different doors.
beacons: Your choice, either one would work fine. I believe just the tracking in general would be easier to implement, though, again, I want for the builder to set the limit on what you can track.
to number 9 in post 47: I meant make it so we could play a single sound when a player steps on a certain square. Kind of like the events in 2DP, where you could play a sound and make it do something, or you could play a sound and make it do nothing, leaving the player to scratch their head and wonder what was that for.