2018-07-13 02:50:24

Since the last time I've placed this thread ROK II has taken on many special features including NPCs to form your own party and multi-classing. See a list of all features here: View Features

2018-07-14 10:57:12

Hi,

@gamecoder,

i just have read this topic, wow, i don't know what got the hold of me, that i missed this topic. I have read through the posts, and it looks very promising. In fact, i registered with my facebook yesterday, and i will continue figuring out on how i can create my first character smile

For me, english isn't my native language either, but i agree with @25 that when i write something, it gets approved by someone who is more experienced in english then i am smile

Anyhow, i hope to see you guys around on the discussion boards, and before i forget, my name there is privorda.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-07-14 13:37:55 (edited by GameCoder 2018-07-14 13:38:20)

Greetings pelantas. Thanks for your words. Do not worry about how good you can write, just try your best. The check is mostly to ensure players do not abuse the system rather than how good you can write although the better you write the more 'points' you get. Your character was approved. You can comment via the thread we have for ROK II here: ROK II Discussion.

2018-07-14 14:55:27

Hey, just wondering, how close are you now to getting access to armies, are you there yet?

2018-07-14 15:45:39

You do have access to Armies, and purchase the kind of military you want, what is currently being created is the battle map. To get to that stage you will need to have a high level character as it will be coming on stream very soon. Therefore, you will want to have that in place.  Please use the ROK II Discussion thread for the latest updates.

2018-07-14 23:04:45

Hi,

@gamecoder,

when purchasing military or party members, do you have to pay them frequently to upkeep them? Or is it a one-time purchase and you'll have replace them when they die in combat?

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-07-15 01:08:33 (edited by GameCoder 2018-07-15 01:08:53)

Again, please use the ROK II Discussion thread for support questions in order to keep everything in one place. To answer quickly, Armies will support themselves so long as you give the ability to do it.

2018-07-15 03:22:09 (edited by nolly 2018-07-15 06:57:41)

I consider myself a fairly patient and intelligiant person that can both read and comprehend just as well as anyone else, but I still struggle with many aspects of this game. This is by far the most frustrating game I've played since I lost my sight. Over and over I'm told that if you "read and comprehend" everything properly you will succeed, the only problem is that discovering how to do this is so time consuming using a screen reader due to the layout of the site. The information is not presented in a friendly manner , as information is mixed in with things that aren't really necessary for what you are trying to accomplish at one given time. This has often caused information overload and it's a small wonder why many people try to rush through certain processes of the game.

Help is also nearly impossible to find because you are told several times that no one is allowed to do so, as the game has a sink or swim mentality, unless you consider the small FAQ and player manual helpful. They even inform you at character creation that if you post tips on a forum about the game, you will be banned. So be very mindful of what you write here, keeping it to general thoughts only. This is also another issue I have, being told that helping someone or at least telling someone how to get started in a completely new game they have never played is not allowed. This is so extremely foreign to me, especially with the blind community. I'm not saying I want to be lead by the nose and told every little secret but, not being able to ask for something as simple as to what do I do next is disappointing. Again I stress that it isn't because I want all the answers, but a little help now and then would be nice to offset having such a disadvantage of using a screen reader to manually scroll on every page looking for something that I don't yet know I need.

Perhaps there is a lot more helpful information that I am missing due to not being able to see, but that there again is the main issue, trying to find out what to do with a screen reader without the ability to ask for hints. Using a hunt and peck approach is not what I find enjoyable. I know someone will mention the Advisor, however all they give are general comments on how to do the simplest of things, nothing that truly helps you understand how you should proceed even from the lowest of levels (0).

Yes, I do understand that the game is designed so that you the player must make your own decisions, but to be at least pointed in the proper direction once in awhile would be appreciated. I doubt even this would affect the game play that much if done properly, especially due to the very unforgiving nature of the game.

I haven't given up on this game, however if you are expecting a game or even the community support similar
to games such as Manamon or A Hero's Call you will be sorely disappointed.

This is only my honest feelings and impression on my experience thus far with the game and I know others opinions will differ from my own. I in no way am calling this a bad game, in fact the work put into it is quite impressive, but I do not want people to go into this with false expectations. . I've requested that my character be deleted and will give it one more go with a much, much slower pace, but am not sure how successful I will be since the main issue of don't ask don't tell is still hanging over my head. I am starting over, but I fear nothing has changed since I don't know much more than I did when I started the game for the very first time. Perhaps I will find some clue on how to right the wrongs I've done, as it is clearly possible, but managing to find exactly what I need might prove to be more difficult and not worth the time spentd to locate it.

To sum things up, do not go into this game with a narrow minded mentality, prepare yourself to be very patient before signing up and also be very prepared to have to learn what to do primarily on your own.

2018-07-17 14:27:29 (edited by GameCoder 2018-07-17 14:27:55)

Here is the latest large update to ROK II, now finishing up the Army Text Battle Map so you can command generals and their soldiers all via your browser: View Here or Play Here.

2018-07-18 05:56:29

is there a way to turn off these email about Town Tavern things?

2018-08-05 21:43:02

Jason, in your Character Sheet settings.

Just as an update. I have completed the War Gaming Text Battle Map for ROK II. You can see the position of other Players and the Enemy. You can command multiple generals and their soldiers all via your browser with details on each of their units: Play Here or view the Discussion. Soon I will move on to the next big project with a different play method and theme: Future Terra II Science Fiction Text Role-Playing Game.

2018-08-06 01:54:31

I ask this here as I have in other threads on the game, so development is now over with Ruler of Kings?

2018-08-06 01:57:43

Yes you do: ROK II Discussion, it will be nice to keep it there or even the one for the blind: Blind & ROK II Text RPG.

2018-08-06 07:21:18

I was registerd on rok2 and just created my character, then  by accident I unsubscribe from the forum, I was planning to stop getting that tavern talk email wich is quite spammy lol. I don't know unsubscribeing also means deleting your account, ah well... to restore it I have to purchase Premium Membership wich I can't...
that's what happend if you not read the rules carefully I guess lol

2018-10-03 00:37:39

JasonBlaze, when you create your character in settings you can turn off those tavern notifications.

2018-11-08 14:29:43

The latest updates to ROK II Text based RPG are added here: ROK II General Discussion. Please check there to know what is new or start playing: HERE.

2019-01-03 01:59:39

I have added active scenarios to ROK II that allow you to get into an even with other players as described here: ROK II: Unusual Field Tests. This allows more multi-player input while enable participants to go solo at anytime.

2019-03-20 12:09:17

Taking a text based game to another level we have started this Scenario today. You can play the game with the input of other Players. It will be all automated and non-committal (come and go as you please). All Players will need to worry about is role-playing their text based character.

2020-06-03 02:46:07

So much has been added to ROK II since I last posted here. Just to touch on some:

* Choose your own race: human, elf, half-orc, etc.
* Dungeons where you can write in the outcome
* You can view other Characters and interact with them one on one.

I can't remember them all off the top of my head so here is a list of all features: View Features.

2021-09-23 18:34:25

ROK I has been integrated into ROK II to give you a game within a game. If you enjoy writing, reading and managing a kingdom then see all that is new at: https://www.rulerofkings.com

Follow the updates: here

2021-09-23 18:45:47

@gamecoder
I'm curious what are the differences between the two games?