2010-07-22 09:06:17

if i have jors do i have to uninstall it before i get NVDA?

2010-07-22 13:38:30

nope, all i would do is to change the basic options of jaws so it doesn't load on log in!
then, set NVDA to do that, and remember to check the option that says save configuration before exit!

2010-07-25 15:34:27

thanks. is NVDA better than jors? can i contact you on skype again?

2010-07-25 15:58:16

whenever... just call, we can go over things!

2010-07-25 17:33:49

NVDA is both newer and made in an open source model. This means that while Jaws will generally have wider range of program support and features NVDA will be more responsive to what users want.

I also don't know how NVDA has progressed with certain parts of their project, originally they didn't have much to compete with the Jaws cursor. There was a tree structure for items in a window but while this could sometimes work better than the Jaws cursor 9 times out of 10 the Jaws cursor was more useful.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-28 11:22:43

what voices does nvda have? it sounds good!

2010-07-31 23:34:40

nvda now has display hooks and a  flat review mode. this basically means it should, in most cases, work like jaws does with it's pc cursor when not in flat review mode and it's jaws cursor when in it, there's a keystroke to turn it on/off. as far as voices go it works with espeak by default, sapi 4 and 5 voices too, and the  eloquence driver available on this forum under a different topic. I myself have been using it exclusively since late 2008, back before display hooks and eloquence, had to stick with viavoice, *shutters*. but I won't say nvda is better than jaws because some people like nvda and some don't. I myself find it better and more responsive but that's  my own opinion. if anyone wants to try out the display hooking stuff, just download  the latest snapshot, they've been in there for  a while but there were some bug fixes, the latest release, 2010.1 doesn't have them. http://www.nvda-project.org.
sorry for the rambling...

I love fresh coffee, it's just so lovely! mmmmmmmmm, coffee!

2010-08-01 12:12:08

thanks. this really sounds good!
i can't use the cierprrock demo voice bar thing though.