2018-07-09 04:35:33

I'm looking to get my hands on a free DVD ripper that is accessible.  THe idea is to rip my  original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trilogy movies, and then make audio described versions of trhem.  Anything would be greatly appreciated.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-07-09 15:05:45

Hi,
There's a program called Make MKV.
It can convert a dvd-disc, blu-ray-disc or iso-file into mkv-format, which you can play with VLC and other software.
If you only want to rip dvd's, and not blu-ray's, then it's free. The blu-ray-feature is shareware.
You can find it right here.

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2018-07-09 15:49:29

While that works, it would require some kind of conversion software as MKV files aren't widely supported. AS an example, I play all my movie audio files on my Victor Reader Trek and the Victor Readers don't support MKV.

2018-07-09 18:06:30

Yeah I know that MKV is not widely supported,  all I was loooking to do was make a video file so I could drop it into Reaper for audio and make a DVS movie

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-07-09 19:03:34

Oh, if Reaper support MKV, that that's probably a good option. I personally use DVD Audio Extractor, it's fully accessible, supports a number of output formats, and easy to use, but isn't free.

2018-07-09 20:01:30

You can also import MKV-filess in Audacity.
However, if you do that, you'll have to turn the track into a stereotrack in Audacity by pressing shift+f10 in Audacity, and choosing Make Stereo Track.

2018-07-10 04:32:46

Nice, but I don't use Audacity.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel